• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

What I would like to see in this summer's draft:  #1 pick, Atlanta takes Alex Sarr.  Then, whoever drafts Zach Edey, the Atlanta Hawks work a trade for him.

Hawks have players that we believe they should keep.  They have players that we believe they should trade away.  In all his trading we are discussing, hopefully we are able to work a deal for Zach Edey.  I really like him.  I just don't see him as the #1 draft pick.  If we can get him in a reasonable deal, do it!

Most mock drafts we see, Zach Edey isn't even included in the lottery picks.  If this holds true, the cost to trade for him should be reasonable.  

😄

• Like 1

I do have a feeling that we are going to get another draft pick from trade or from old friend, Cash Considerations since we only have one pick this year.

For the NOP/Hawks rumor, I am cool with it.  If they added on a pick or two, it will be better but right now, just be thankful of what we got.

So after CC/Murray/Hunter, is there any other Hawks players that might be traded as well?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is a trade for Herb as a longterm piece.  It is a one year trial of Ingram where the most likely outcome is him walking for more money somewhere else because you learned your lesson not to overpay.  Nance is a 30 something PF (6’8’’) who will give you more depth at that spot than we had last year but is a declining role player at this stage of his career.

So this largely ends up as DJM for Herb with an exchange of players who are useful but are also unwanted future salary for their current teams.

It is a reasonable deal.  Ingram + Nance + protected 2027 pick leaves you with nothing in one year or grossly overpaying Ingram as your two most likely options.  Just say no to that ****.

Herb as a long-term piece is my view, too.  You are getting a now-and-later guy that fits in any kind of system on a reasonable contract.  You are also removing Hunter’s deal which isn’t terrible (but just not proportionate with what we need).  

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I had heard of Hunter/Capela/Murray for Ingram/Larry Nance Jr/Herb Jones being discussed as well. No firsts would be traded by either team.

I'm down for this.   We need a change.   Nance is at least a serviceable backup at 4/5 which we didn't have last year. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I had heard of Hunter/Capela/Murray for Ingram/Larry Nance Jr/Herb Jones being discussed as well. No firsts would be traded by either team.

Also, under this scenario, Ingram is a 2 guard, Herb Jones is the starting 3 and we take Sarr to play center. Starting 5 would look like this:

Trae

Ingram

Herb

Jalen

Sarr

This is what some of the FO are calling the "best case scenario". Talks between the Hawks and Pels have picked up in the last week. I really expect Murray to be headed there at this point.

This would be siiiiiiick. 
I’d bet OO would start instead of Sarr in his first season though. 
Sign me up. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Also, under this scenario, Ingram is a 2 guard, Herb Jones is the starting 3 and we take Sarr to play center. Starting 5 would look like this:

Trae

Ingram

Herb

Jalen

Sarr

This is what some of the FO are calling the "best case scenario". Talks between the Hawks and Pels have picked up in the last week. I really expect Murray to be headed there at this point.

I don’t think sarr would start day 1 tbh. Also not sold they would take him if they do land this deal. A *case* to take clingan and maximize this window they would create 

• Like 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don’t think sarr would start day 1 tbh. Also not sold they would take him if they do land this deal. A *case* to take clingan and maximize this window they would create 

Can you explain that.  If we're trading Capela why wouldn't we take Sarr?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Can you explain that.  If we're trading Capela why wouldn't we take Sarr?

Clingan is better in every facet his first year. Not saying you should do it but he immediately helps them win. Sarr doesn’t do that right now he will do that year 2 on 

• Like 2

I don't think we are doing anything but putting feelers out there.. 

I anticipate drafting Sarr, not being able to get another #1.. maybe a 2nd rounder.

Also, I anticipate a deal with NO somehow coming to fruition. But Capela will have to move..

image.thumb.png.95eae0b5803a91304da975aa9d5703b3.png

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Clingan is better in every facet his first year. Not saying you should do it but he immediately helps them win. Sarr doesn’t do that right now he will do that year 2 on 

We still have Onyeka.  I can't see anyway we're better starting Clingan year one over Onyeka.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We still have Onyeka.  I can't see anyway we're better starting Clingan year one over Onyeka.  

Doesn’t matter who starts in that scenario. It’s about sarr vs clingan. One guy helps immediately both sides. One guy doesn’t 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No, not really.

I'll put it another way.  Bridges' ideal role is as a role player.  3rd guy really.  Is that worth the #1 pick in any draft? 

Eta. He'll also be 28 when the season starts.  It's something to consider.  People generally speak of him as if he's 24 or younger, which would change this discussion imho. 

Mikal would be a great addition; however, his next contract is going to be much higher than the 3rd guy role player you mentioned.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Talking this now with a friend, Clingan likely has the higher impact next season, as he's more "pro-ready," to maximize the team you're putting on the floor next season. With no runaway #1 overall, it should be considered.

I would still prefer Sarr and swinging for the fence based on his talent since we don't pick in 25 or 27.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1