AHF

12 hours ago, Sothron said:

The latest DJM trade being discusssed:

Murray/Capela

for 

Ingram

Larry Nancy Jr

2027 first (top 8 protected)

Who's our starting 2 if this happens? Bogi? With Trae/Ingram/JJ doing most of the scoring, Castle should be in play for POA defense..... Trade down with SA for 4 and 8? lol

Trae Castle Ingram JJ Clingan(Resslers dude)?

Edited by terrell

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I didn't think Clingan would be a direction we would go but if it is I need a lot of convincing.   Seems less athletic than Gobert and less offensive potential than Brook Lopez.   

Essentially Walker Kessler.

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

I had heard of Hunter/Capela/Murray for Ingram/Larry Nance Jr/Herb Jones being discussed as well. No firsts would be traded by either team.

Also, under this scenario, Ingram is a 2 guard, Herb Jones is the starting 3 and we take Sarr to play center. Starting 5 would look like this:

Trae

Ingram

Herb

Jalen

Sarr

This is what some of the FO are calling the "best case scenario". Talks between the Hawks and Pels have picked up in the last week. I really expect Murray to be headed there at this point.

Is OO getting traded too..

Or is he just a career backup now? :sad:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

But Ingram wants a max right? That's a big commitment for a player like him. 

1 yr tryout is fine as long as no picks are involved and we get Jones out of the deal... lol

Edited by terrell

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

I had heard of Hunter/Capela/Murray for Ingram/Larry Nance Jr/Herb Jones being discussed as well. No firsts would be traded by either team.

Also, under this scenario, Ingram is a 2 guard, Herb Jones is the starting 3 and we take Sarr to play center. Starting 5 would look like this:

Trae

Ingram

Herb

Jalen

Sarr

This is what some of the FO are calling the "best case scenario". Talks between the Hawks and Pels have picked up in the last week. I really expect Murray to be headed there at this point.

The fact that OO is not mentioned in this deal is outstanding but I have to admit…it doesn’t make sense for the Pelicans.

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm down for this.   We need a change.   Nance is at least a serviceable backup at 4/5 which we didn't have last year. 

I don't need him taking any backup 4/5 min away from Mo Gueye next year... Just sayin

Just let him be a locker room vet guy.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
1 minute ago, terrell said:

I don't need him taking any backup 4/5 min away from Mo Gueye next year... Just sayin

I don't care about that at all.  Mo is a ways away.  If he can earn some minutes, that is what I'm hoping to see.  I don't see relying on him to be in the team's core rotation.

• Like 1

If we are able to land Ingram, Herb jones, and keep OO…then draft either Sarr or Clingan! …man they’d have to extend Fields on the spot!

that’s a franchise saving offseason and I’d have no doubts Trae would resign. I hope that rumor comes true.

8 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

If you can get past the modern NBA center prototype, Clingan is immediately one of the biggest players in the league.  He can’t switch 1-5, but he is fast enough to protect the paint and rebound with his size.  He also will set wide screens to spring Trae.  He is not prone to foul.  Teams don’t even try to attack the rim when he is on the court.  Very useful player immediately.  

If you value Sarr as a future star you have to take him, but what if you project him as a much weaker PF than Jalen?  I don’t see the guys on this forum who break down the game really well being in love with Sarr.  Probably because he is overhyped due to weak talent at the top of this draft.  Sarr can’t do any of the things Clingan does well.  

They are two different paradigm’s with two different trajectories.  Comes down to believing in Sarr or Clingan’s fit and ceiling.  I get both sides.     

Thanks! Someone gets it!

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Clingan is better in every facet his first year. Not saying you should do it but he immediately helps them win. Sarr doesn’t do that right now he will do that year 2 on 

Not FT shooting

@Gray Mule😀 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

This is crazy thinking IMO

Hawks are winning the Championship NEXT season......smh

If they take Clingan they better believe he's just better long term for us over Sarr....

Exactly!  Pick who you think will be better long-term, period.  Otherwise, we'll regret it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not letting MoG who played in 6 NBA games prevent me from adding real NBA depth.

I'm not opposed to adding him.. But Nance is kinda washed now as a player... He avg 6 pts and 5 boards in 19 min.. We can get that from Gueye.. or another young player.. lol

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

I'm not opposed to adding him.. But Nance is kinda washed now as a player... He avg 6 pts and 5 boards in 19 min.. We can get that from Gueye.. or another young player.. lol

If we trade for Nance, he won't be guaranteed minutes.  Given his experience, he will be the favorite to start the year as the backup PF but he is a short-term contract and a player who will be gone after the next season.  If Gueye or someone else can do better, Snyder won't be blocked from giving the young man the minutes similar to how JJ took the minutes last year from Bey.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

If we trade for Nance, he won't be guaranteed minutes.  Given his experience, he will be the favorite to start the year as the backup PF but he is a short-term contract and a player who will be gone after the next season.  If Gueye or someone else can do better, Snyder won't be blocked from giving the young man the minutes similar to how JJ took the minutes last year from Bey.

This is what I meant.. lol