• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Moderators

Clingan moves like current day Brook Lopez.   Go back and look at Brook Lopez in college the dude was super athletic and quick compared to what we see from Clingan.  I'll be happy to be wrong but i'm not seeing it.  

Just now, Hawkish said:

Can we just not trade with San Antonio as a principle?  Just say no…

Can we just not trade with San Antonio as a principle?  Just say no…

100% this.  Say it twice for the folks in the back. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

Clingan moves like current day Brook Lopez.   Go back and look at Brook Lopez in college the dude was super athletic and quick compared to what we see from Clingan.  I'll be happy to be wrong but i'm not seeing it.  

Clingan is taller and bigger than Brook, both in college and now. If Edey wasn't in this draft people would be raving about Clingan's height, size, wingspan and standing reach.

• Moderators
Just now, Sothron said:

Clingan is taller and bigger than Brook, both in college and now. If Edey wasn't in this draft people would be raving about Clingan's height, size, wingspan and standing reach.

Yeah but who's the last player plus 7 foot to succeed in the nba without any significant offensive skills?  The passing isn't that impressive to me.  

I should more than succeed.   There are a lot of successful ones.  they are usually just backup Cs

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

But yet scouts still have Clingan above Edey.  

Clingan clogs the paint and can't shoot FTs which will always be a limitation at crunch time.  I thought we wanted to get away from paint cloggers.

I like him as a regular season defender ala Gobert, but he will get schemed out in the playoffs just like Gobert.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, JTB said:

It’s not really a probably…It’s a fact that Clingan is this drafts best defensive CENTER.

and it should be no surprise that Synder who also loved Gobert, loves Clingan.

I knew this wasn’t just Ressler when you first mentioned it Soth. Clingan isn’t a sexy draft pick that’s going to put butts in seats…that would be Sarr IF he reaches his potential in a few years from now.

Clingan is obviously the best pick in this draft for the hawks. Outside of Edey.

The fact that you keep bringing up Edey, who can't defend a chair and maybe even more limited from an offensive skill standpoint than Clingan is, completely denigrates your view on this.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

Also don't see how picks 4,8 helps if Hawks want Clingan, as its been said others want to move up to  3 for him.

We’re getting new rumors every day.  Here’s a contingency plan, draft Edey at #8 if Clingan is off the board at #3.  

I honestly don’t buy the Mikal Bridges rumor with Houston.  A lot of mocks have them taking Reed Sheppard.  

51 minutes ago, terrell said:

The Spurs are exploring the idea of potentially packaging Nos. 4 and 8 overall to move up with the Hawks to No. 1, per @DraftExpress. Hawks head coach Quin Snyder is reportedly a fan of Donovan Clingan, who Atlanta could secure in a trade-back scenario with San Antonio.

Spurs are about to take our lunch money again.

Whoever they are trying to move up to 1 to get is who we need to draft.

• Like 1

Edey is solid at drop D but Clingan is special at it. Add his offense and I can see why Quin is in love with him. I just want Quin to workout both Edey and Clingan with Trae. He will be massively impressed 

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If that deal were to happen, watch the narrative on Alex Sarr change immediately.  

No, they aren't even a lock to take him. They really like Risacher. 

47 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Clingan would definitely have to beat the odds to become a shooter. Examples of guys who were completely non shooters in college becoming quality shooters? Few and far between no doubt. 

I don't mind that, more bites of the apple. 

I really don't think Clingan becoming a shooter is a big deal for the Hawks. His passing is probably the most intriguing. He passes like a young Vlade Divac. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

I take it your're hoping David Griffin sees this? 😂

He comes here for the Outsiders reports.

👀

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If that deal were to happen, watch the narrative on Alex Sarr change immediately.  

Including from certain posters here, but ive said too much..... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I really don't think Clingan becoming a shooter is a big deal for the Hawks. His passing is probably the most intriguing. He passes like a young Vlade Divac. 

Great passer in the high post and he is a top screener to run DHOs with. If you want to unlock Trae off ball this is probably the best way to do do. 

15 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Spurs are about to take our lunch money again.

Whoever they are trying to move up to 1 to get is who we need to draft.

They want Zac tho who all of you guys on this forum hate 

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't think anyone hates him.  I do think a lot of us are not excited by him and expect him to be a solid starter sort of player but not special.  We already have a SF who is a pretty good defender, shoots a nice % from 3, and struggles to pass the ball and dribble and that in broad strokes also describes Risacher today.  After that, it is a matter of projecting the development of skills he hasn't yet shown as to whether he can be a breakout star wing.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

No LOL

I don't see that either but it is very easy to see scenarios where Sarr, Risacher, and Clingan are off the board by pick 4.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Great passer in the high post and he is a top screener to run DHOs with. If you want to unlock Trae off ball this is probably the best way to do do. 

If they truly believe Clingan is the best player for this team, I do like some things about him.  It's just SOO risky to draft Risacher at 1 and pray that Clingan will be there at 4.  Worst case scenario is some team trades up for him at #3 and we are stuck with Risacher or whomever is left at #4.

I don't want to push all our chips into the pot with no guarantee that the player we actually want is there.  

• Like 1