• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Great passer in the high post and he is a top screener to run DHOs with. If you want to unlock Trae off ball this is probably the best way to do do. 

They want Zac tho who all of you guys on this forum hate 

There is a lot of Sabonis in his game. That tremendous upper body strength. I just wished his lower body was good. I am not asking for him to be Edey or Shaq much less A. Sabonis or Jokic but at least decent leg strength like Brad Miller. His legs got to get much stronger. I think he has knocked knees

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The fact that you keep bringing up Edey, who can't defend a chair and maybe even more limited from an offensive skill standpoint than Clingan is, completely denigrates your view on this.  

image.gif.ce43cd0285c09db89ec2db35e4ea076b.gif

Blows me away how we have a league where creating and playing in space is the big thing, and we have fans who want two bigs who can neither create nor defend in space.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Blows me away how we have a league where creating and playing in space is the big thing, and we have fans who want two bigs who can neither create nor defend in space.  

Defense is also a very big thing when it comes to success in today's NBA. And at least one of the bigs brings an elite level of interior defense and rim and paint protection. While we need POA defense just as badly, pinning our hopes for POA defense on a 3/4 tweener like Sarr seems like a high risk bet. He's likely to outgrow the perimeter as he gains weight, and will likely take years to become a refined interior player. I would prefer the surer bet, in this draft.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, parfait said:

Defense is also a very big thing when it comes to success in today's NBA. And at least one of the bigs brings an elite level of interior defense and rim and paint protection. While we need POA defense just as badly, pinning our hopes for POA defense on a 3/4 tweener like Sarr seems like a high risk bet. He's likely to outgrow the perimeter as he gains weight, and will likely take years to become a refined interior player. I would prefer the surer bet, in this draft.

You are basically saying that you would prefer Walker Kessler to Evan Mobley.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

They want Zac tho who all of you guys on this forum hate

Then they’re definitely not taking Zac. If you think you know what they’re doing they have you right where they want you. Spurs play chess.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm saying I would rather have a bigger, better, stronger, better-passing version of Walker Kessler than a 3/4 tweener with hardly any big man skills who could just as easily turn into James Wiseman rather than Evan Mobley.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Then they’re definitely not taking Zac. If you think you know what they’re doing they have you right where they want you. Spurs play chess.

Yall talking about Zac(k) Collins?

Probably the only player on NBA history that never started a game before entering the league.  True story.

Well, I'm sure some rando former insurance salesman from back when Bill Russell was beastin' probably also did it.  But Zac(k), in fact, never started a game in HS or college. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, parfait said:

I'm saying I would rather have a bigger, better, stronger, better-passing version of Walker Kessler than a 3/4 tweener with hardly any big man skills who could just as easily turn into James Wiseman rather than Evan Mobley.

That’s ridiculous comment, as there are zero similarities between Alex Sarr and James Wiseman, body type or play style.  

• Like 1

Y'all are really underrating Clingan in this thread, lol. He's not the sexy pick, but he's the guy that will impact winning the most day one.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I mean .. we don’t know that.  We all know bigs famously take longer to develop.  I agree some folks are underrating him.  But the flip side is a lot of folks making a lot of assumptions about what "will" happen. 

There's a decent chance he'll be foul prone most of the year, for example.  That's common with bigs asked to defend.  He could eventually be Marc Gasol but he won't be that from minute-1. 

We know more about Clingan than Sarr.  But I think you’re saying we don’t know if he will have impact immediately or not.  Technically true, but Clingan is one of the safest bets in this draft.  

Every pick it’s implied that you are projecting how someone will perform based off of drills, weight, measurements, interviews, and watching hours of live games.  It’s literally a process of a lot of people making a lot of assumptions about what will happen.  What’s the alternative?  

It’s actually the draw to Sarr that we know less about what he could become. But we still believe his ceiling is higher based on potential.

51 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That’s ridiculous comment, as there are zero similarities between Alex Sarr and James Wiseman, body type or play style.  

They are alike in that they are both stuck in between. Wiseman was a 7-footer who fancied himself a perimeter player, but wasn't good enough at it. Sarr is a super-mobile 7-footer who is agile enough to be a perimeter player, but who is likely to not be agile or skilled enough to stay on the perimeter over time, and will need a good amount of time to develop the big man skills and girth to play down low. They are both stuck in between what they are good at, and what we want them to be good at. That's why I'm just not confident in the time and yearly cost it will take for Sarr's development to possibly arrive 3+ years from now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

We know more about Clingan than Sarr.  But I think you’re saying we don’t know if he will have impact immediately or not.  Technically true, but Clingan is one of the safest bets in this draft.  

Every pick it’s implied that you are projecting how someone will perform based off of drills, weight, measurements, interviews, and watching hours of live games.  It’s literally a process of a lot of people making a lot of assumptions about what will happen.  What’s the alternative?  

It’s actually the draw to Sarr that we know less about what he could become. But we still believe his ceiling is higher based on potential.

But you're saying something other than what I was responding to.

I'm sayin there are no sure things, Clingan included. 

• Like 2

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

This FO is goona find a way to screw it up and I wouldnt be one bit surprised

Wheres the petition for me to sign for you to be allowed to cha get your name? 🤓 

• Haha 2