• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

If they're strongly considering a drop down with SA to get #4 and #8, I wonder if they've also worked out a slight slide-up to #3 with Houston to get Clingan there?

That is outright garbage; there are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

It feels like they are some of the RealGM posters that comes up with the stupid trades and no realizing behind it.

I feel that FO is fine, gifting lottery pick to Spurs because we love them so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LucastheThird said:

I can't keep reading the rumors and insider memos. All of this is not adding up.

First, we weren't paying attention to the draft since we were only picking around #10, and that player wouldn't fit into any of our plans to win. "Weakest draft in recent history"

Then we get #1 shockingly, and the pairing of Sarr and Trae was being salivated over

Now the plan is to trade down and get two picks outside the top 3???

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952grxavho1ggahwonmfe

Its the Hawks.  What sense do they ever make? I'm hoping smoke screen but I'm getting BK vibes...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Risacher is the top prospect at this point by most NBA FO and not Sarr. 

I think everyone here should be mentally prepared we trade the #1 pick. I think it is likely we trade with the Spurs for 4 and 8 and they take Risacher. We will take Clingan at 4 and someone like Knecht at 8 to give Trae a shooter. 

I think the Pels trade in some fashion will take place where we move Murray and Capela and get Ingram plus other things back. 

That 8th pick could be on the way out to facilitate the herb part of the pels deal 

• Like 3

Just now, KB21 said:

So, DJM and the 8th pick for what will essentially be Herb Jones as the only positive acquisition for the Hawks?  NO!

Does seem like quite an overpay…I can only imagine the feeling of what we gave up for DJ versus trading him along with a lottery pick for Herb.  Massive pie in the face

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 3

Just now, Hawkish said:

I think he is saying:

ATL: Ingram-Herb-Nance-#4

SA: #1

NO: DJ-CC-Hunter-#8

Still a HELL NO from me. 

Herb and #4 is not enough value for gifting San Antonio with Sarr + Wemby

I like Herb, but Sarr can be Herb Jones by year 2. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Let me see if I've got this right.  Atlanta Hawks have the #1 pick this summer in a draft that is said to be much weaker than usual.  There is one player, however, that most experts believe is the #1 pick.  He's 19 years old.  He's over 7' tall.  He has moves like a good PG.  He has three years pro experience.  He has the exact skills and size that are most needed by this Hawk team.  He has the potential of being an all-star player for many seasons.

Rumor has it that they are considering trading this pick for two later picks in this very weak draft.  They will then have two players who have no quickness, have no dribbling skills whatsoever and have very poor free throw shooting skills.  These two have the potential of being pretty good bench players for several seasons.

Gee! This sure sounds like a grand deal for someone, doesn't it.  

:ahf:

You keeping me at 10 today Gray! Makes no sense but this is Hawk type behavior and we should expect this level of nonsense.  Only we should not be this dumb to do the moves being thrown around.  Smdh 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Let me see if I've got this right.  Atlanta Hawks have the #1 pick this summer in a draft that is said to be much weaker than usual.  There is one player, however, that most experts believe is the #1 pick.  He's 19 years old.  He's over 7' tall.  He has moves like a good PG.  He has three years pro experience.  He has the exact skills and size that are most needed by this Hawk team.  He has the potential of being an all-star player for many seasons.

Rumor has it that they are considering trading this pick for two later picks in this very weak draft.  They will then have two players who have no quickness, have no dribbling skills whatsoever and have very poor free throw shooting skills.  These two have the potential of being pretty good bench players for several seasons.

Gee! This sure sounds like a grand deal for someone, doesn't it.  

:ahf:

It all depends on who they pick.  I think the most likely scenario sees Sarr / Risacher / Clingan in the first 3 picks.

If you take Ware, he looks like he has FT% potential.  He shot 71% last year and shot 42% from 3 this season.  Edey was a solid free throw shooter.  Both Ware and Edey have shot better than Sarr did (on free throws or 3's) so that isn't a straight given that Sarr will be better than both of them at both of those shooting skills.  

Among the guards and wings, there are obviously guys who can dribble and guys who can hit their fts (and some guys who will struggle with one or both of those).  

All these guys have some intriguing skills and some real warts.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

As long as we draft the best player in the draft, there is upside in trading down.  It worked out great for Boston when they traded out of the top spot and took Tatum.  Worked out great for Dallas when they traded down in the lottery and took Dirk.  You just must get it right.  I don't have great faith in our front office to pull this off but I will at least acknowledge that there is historical precedent.