• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

The Charlotte pick is still a first that may convey next year. It is just like our Sacramento first and may end up turning into second rounders if the protections prevent it from conveying.  But you are incorrect to say there isn't any scenario we give up 3 picks.  If the Charlotte pick isn't in the lottery next year, we are guaranteed to give up 3 firsts.  I think the bigger point is that the Charlotte pick it isn't guaranteed to convey and at this point should be looked at as likely converting to second round picks.

You are correct here that our 2025, 2026 and 2027 picks could be low value.  They could also be extremely high value.  If in 2025, 2026, or 2027 we are in the same position we are in this year, the Spurs will own the #1 overall pick that year from us.  In theory, we could actually end up giving up the #1 pick every year for the next 3 years but this is entirely dependent on (a) how good we are (if we aren't in the lottery that clearly can't happen) and (b) how lucky those picks are if we are in the lottery - our low % converted to the #1 this year but that was beating the odds.

I actually thought Charlotte pick was settled.  

You’re right that the Murray trade could go in a very negative direction.  Still a lot that can happen good and bad from that deal.  It’s volatile.  My hope is it forces us to build a winner.

Edited by Final_quest

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, my therapy sessions may involve copious amounts of hookers 'n blow.  Party by invitation only... except @AHF, he's on the guess (not guest) list..

'Cause he'll have to guess which ..... ah, nevermind.  I don't wanna get banned before the draft. 😁

Sounds like my kind of party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

FWIW...if we do the SAS trade I feel we are absolutely doing it to get Clingan at either 4 or moving up to 3 with a side trade with Houston to ensure we get Clingan. Quin really, really likes Risacher and Clingan in this draft. 

I am fully prepared to hear the commish announce we have a trade of the number one pick shortly after we draft the kid just like what happened with Luka when for about three minutes I was in absolute hysteria of joy we got a generational talent only to see him traded for Trae.

Can we just make the NO trade of DJ/Hunter/CC for Ingram/Herb+ without the SA deal?  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

Can we just make the NO trade of DJ/Hunter/CC for Ingram/Herb+ without the SA deal?  

Yes. One is not dependent on the other.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, my therapy sessions may involve copious amounts of hookers 'n blow.  Party by invitation only... except @AHF, he's on the guess (not guest) list..

'Cause he'll have to guess which ..... ah, nevermind.  I don't wanna get banned before the draft. 😁

I had a CEO that went on tilt after business was failing and he got caught paying himself $40k/month extra.  Then he got drunk and asked my friend to get him a hooker and coke.  

Our future if Sarr turns into an MVP. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Sounds like my kind of party.

Figured I'd see you in the back corner... 

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

Ingram hasnt only played 70 games once. And that was his rookie season. Herb Jones is a good role player, but eh...

Ingram hasnt only played 70 games once. And that was his rookie season. Herb Jones is a good role player, but eh...

We heard you the third time, PV. 😄

Agree on the Ingram question overall. 

• Haha 2

By all reports from the insider crew, is it safe to say the hawks aren't taking Sarr?  Seems they are going to take Risch, Clingan, knecht or whoever else before they take Sarr, correct?

• Premium Member

What happened to the European Combine that was supposed to happen this week?  Did Risacher not attend?

1 minute ago, phoostal said:

By all reports from the insider crew, is it safe to say the hawks aren't taking Sarr?  Seems they are going to take Risch, Clingan, knecht or whoever else before they take Sarr, correct?

Hawks FO could have MJ staring them in the face and would still draft Bowie...

Passing on Sarr is going to be a major mistake IMO

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I don’t understand this sentiment. This number 1 pick isn’t good. This player would not go top 5 in many of the recent drafts… 

could perhaps not even sniff top 10 next draft. Getting the guy you want all long and adding one of the best perimeter defenders is a good deal. Many of you just have fallen in love with the idea of sarr 

People said the same thing about kyrie. Great teams are built behind the concept of buying low. 

This is a mashup of two separate deals, and they both stink for the Hawks.

1 - Trading the #1 pick to San Antonio for #4 and #8

2 - Trading DJM and #8 for Brandon Ingram and Herb Jones

We can get Ingram without trading the #1 pick. So we are doing this trade for Herb Jones. I don't care if we go back to calling this a weak draft, he is not worth giving up that pick. I do not believe that he will ever grow into even an All-Star level player. But Sarr has that potential and I would rather strike out on his potential than to watch another Pau Gasol, Chris Paul, or Luka Doncic situation happen again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I don't want Ingram.

Outside of Irving, Ingram would be my next guy I would want on the Hawks.  I got clowned for wanting Irving so the clowning for wanting Ingram can start.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 3

The Hawks FO seems to be interested in Risacher, Clingan, Reed Sheppard and Anderson Cooper. :mellow: Cooper sets great screens and has a killer smile 😃! {green font}

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

I got clowned for wanting Irving

Who said this was over? :dance: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
Posted (edited)

It's all about screen setting.  That's it.  If you aren't good at it at 18 you will never improve because you'll never gain weight or get stronger :rolleyes:

Like can you imagine Sarr at 250 in a couple years?  Dude will be an absolute freak.

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Who said this was over? :dance: 

Yeah @Hawkmoor out here peacockin' like the roastin is over.  Good luck with that, moo. 

13 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

It's all about screen setting.  That's it.  If you aren't good at it at 18 you will never improve because you'll never gain weight or get stronger :rolleyes:

Like can you imagine Sarr at 250 in a couple years?  Dude will be an absolute freak.

What I think people miss is that none of these draftees is gonna figure prominently in our rotation if we're a winning team next year.  I fully expect the impetus to our increases in the win column will come via whatever we do with Murray.

No need to sweeten that deal by trading down for pieces that'll probably spend as much time in College Park as our last draftees did.

I'm referring to Reed, Clingan, Sarr, whoever else folks wanna put out there.

Folks out here forgetting we were frustrated with Quin refusing to give rookies minutes.  Now they wanna add two top 10 picks to sit behind rent-a-vets like we know good 'n heyul well they will?

"Oh but these guys are different, kg."

No.  No they're not.  They're just new. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 4