• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Yes, that's what makes the ceiling a ceiling, it's about raw talent and athleticism-- most players never hit their ceiling, not even saying Sarr gets to his -- Cam Reddish ceiling was above Trae too, so we are all aware there are no guarantees.  Trae is basically at or very close to his ceiling.

Reminder, 19 other GMs passed on JJ.  Sure he had the pedigree, looked amazing in games, ran like a gazelle and had no weaknesses.  But, but people questioned his commitment after sitting out Duke's post season. They went for the guys with a high ceiling.  People talk themselves out of the right pick, the proven pick all the time.

There's a reason redrafts 5 years on are so popular.

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Not that anyone cares but my stance has changed.

im less worried about the draft and more concerned about if we can get the pelicans trade for Ingram and Herb to go down.

as long as we get that pelicans trade signed , sealed, delivered…I don’t care who we take between Sarr , Clingan, or Edey. I prefer Clingan as he’s a better fitting center and I don’t see Sarr as a center today but nonetheless I really don’t care I will take Sarr and be just as happy.

Either way it goes we have a big opportunity to be a very good offensive and defensive team next season if that pelicans trade happens and we get back Ingram and Herb.

Curious, not trying to start anything. If you prefer Clingan, how do you reconcile him having 37 hung on him by Edey? What exactly is your reasoning? No judgement.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Not that anyone cares but my stance has changed.

im less worried about the draft and more concerned about if we can get the pelicans trade for Ingram and Herb to go down.

as long as we get that pelicans trade signed , sealed, delivered…I don’t care who we take between Sarr , Clingan, or Edey. I prefer Clingan as he’s a better fitting center and I don’t see Sarr as a center today but nonetheless I really don’t care I will take Sarr and be just as happy.

Either way it goes we have a big opportunity to be a very good offensive and defensive team next season if that pelicans trade happens and we get back Ingram and Herb.

Agreed.  We all have our takes on what the Hawks should do in the draft, but the reality is what they do via trade and/or free agency is of FAR more consequence when it comes to how good or bad they'll be next year.  And I guarantee that's where Trae's thinking is as well.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Herb Jones is the only positive asset the Hawks would be getting in the New Orleans trade.  

If we can get Ingram to take a Murray-like deal or even a bit more expensive, just not a max, it will be a good trade.  Trae should be able to get Ingram cooking for a year and we could then hopefully flip him as a positive asset in 1-2 years if things don't work out or we can get better fit.  It's probably the best option we're going to have.  Murray isn't some world beater that every team is offering the farm for

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If we can get Ingram to take a Murray-like deal or even a bit more expensive, just not a max, it will be a good trade.  Trae should be able to get Ingram cooking for a year and we could then hopefully flip him as a positive asset in 1-2 years if things don't work out or we can get better fit.  It's probably the best option we're going to have.  Murray isn't some world beater that every team is offering the farm for

Teams aren’t beating down the door to get Ingram either.  

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, supermariowest said:

Not that I’m suggesting Ingram is the move, but I’m curious what your “win now” offseason looks like. Draft Sarr and then (specifically) what?

Bumping this. @KB21 - what are the “win now” moves?

I also want to hear from @kg01 who received ten stars for suggesting all we need to do is make shrewd moves. What are the shrewd moves we need to make?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’m so damn excited to see the mid range maven Brandon Ingram do the exact same things that made Dejounte Murray a bad fit with the Hawks.   

Just wait until he’s making $20M a year more than DJM too. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, supermariowest said:

I also want to hear from @kg01 who received ten stars for suggesting all we need to do is make shrewd moves. What are the shrewd moves we need to make?

I’d try to reroute Ingram to another team.  See if Cleveland will SNT Isaac Okoro for him.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, supermariowest said:

Ten?

Slide me another, make it a cool 11 like our franchise star? 😎 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Curious, not trying to start anything. If you prefer Clingan, how do you reconcile him having 37 hung on him by Edey? What exactly is your reasoning? No judgement.

LOL @thecampster ….damn you don’t pay attention to my post! I actually like Edey more than Clingan just like you and supes but  it’s more about Edeys offensive upside that Clingan doesn’t possess. I believe Edey is as good as his stats say he is and that he has true star potential IF he gets the right kind of guard/playmaker next to him (even in this era) but I know the hawks won’t draft him top 5 cause of the media, plus Clingan seems like a Synder type of guy so no shock when you guys dropped that info about Synders top two preferences in this draft.

If it were up to me there would be a Trae & Edey combo! I’d love to see it but Clingan is probably more realistic since we won the lottery or even if we trade back slightly so I just stopped entertaining the thought of Edey.

That may have not answered your question …so I’ll say this regarding the Edey vs Clingan matchup… I believe Edey is truly talented so him dropping buckets on Clingan who I also believe is the best defensive center in this draft doesn’t surprise me.

It’s like Kobe dropping buckets on Tony Allen or Shane Battier (not saying Edey is Kobe or Clingan is Tony Allen - calm down folks who’s reading this)…the point is great offense has always trumped great defense in the nba and that’s how I saw that matchup. Edey won most possessions and Clingan won key game winning possessions in that championship game.

Edey is severely underrated and some team will get a steal, just probably won’t be the hawks from the sounds of things coming from you “Insiders” so my next preference is Clingan who can do everything Edey can defensively but better and is a better passer offensively.

Edey is still the best screen setter in this draft but Clingan is good too. That skill set of setting screens is not given enough credit on this board. Sarr sets too many ghost screens and that’s what drove me crazy about JC in his final year….going off topic, I’ll leave it at that before a certain someone thinks I hate Sarr which I don’t. I just accept Sarr for what he is and I like what he brings but there’s better fitting options with just as much potential.

oh last thing I see DPOY in Clingan…and it will not take long at all! Clingan gets a POA defender like Herb and he’s going to shine even more ! That part in Clingans game transitions immediately.

25 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not excited about BI. I hope we can find another deal out there.

Do you recall who BI was when he had a true playmaker next to him?

really just asking not trying to start anything. This nonsense about “mid range maven” is just ridiculous. Pelicans haven’t had a true playmaker since Lonzo Ball and Jrue Holiday.

Look up BIs catch and shoot 3s when he played with a true pg or playmaker and then let me know how you feel. 

We have posters who don’t take the time to research a players improvement or role change. They just assume they are going to play the same exact way here even though we have a generational offensive talent in Trae and then even when the stats back up how BI played with a true PG folks will still want to disregard it.

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

LOL @thecampster ….damn you don’t pay attention to my post! I actually like Edey more than Clingan just like you and supes but  it’s more about Edeys offensive upside that Clingan doesn’t possess. I believe Edey is as good as his stats say he is and that he has true star potential IF he gets the right kind of guard/playmaker next to him (even in this era) but I know the hawks won’t draft him top 5 cause of the media, plus Clingan seems like a Synder type of guy so no shock when you guys dropped that info about Synders top two preferences in this draft.

If it were up to me there would be a Trae & Edey combo! I’d love to see it but Clingan is probably more realistic since we won the lottery or even if we trade back slightly so I just stopped entertaining the thought of Edey.

That may have not answered your question …so I’ll say this regarding the Edey vs Clingan matchup… I believe Edey is truly talented so him dropping buckets on Clingan who I also believe is the best defensive center in this draft doesn’t surprise me.

It’s like Kobe dropping buckets on Tony Allen or Shane Battier (not saying Edey is Kobe or Clingan is Tony Allen - calm down folks who’s reading this)…the point is great offense has always trumped great defense in the nba and that’s how I saw that matchup. Edey won most possessions and Clingan won key game winning possessions in that championship game.

Edey is severely underrated and some team will get a steal, just probably won’t be the hawks from the sounds of things coming from you “Insiders” so my next preference is Clingan who can do everything Edey can defensively but better and is a better passer offensively.

Edey is still the best screen setter in this draft but Clingan is good too. That skill set of setting screens is not given enough credit on this board. Sarr sets too many ghost screens and that’s what drove me crazy about JC in his final year….going off topic, I’ll leave it at that before a certain someone thinks I hate Sarr which I don’t. I just accept Sarr for what he is and I like what he brings but there’s better fitting options with just as much potential.

oh last thing I see DPOY in Clingan…and it will not take long at all! Clingan gets a POA defender like Herb and he’s going to shine even more ! That part in Clingans game transitions immediately.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

• Like 1