• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

My belief, backed up by Supes source, is IF and I stress *IF* we do the SAS trade for 4/8 is we also move 4 and AJ griffin to Houston for #3 so we take Clingan and Houston probably takes Reed Sheppard at 4. Number 8 is more wide open.

Were not shooting the messenger.  We're questioning the competency of the front office to think it's conceivable to trade down for two "perceived" lesser talents instead of at least swinging for the fence with Sarr.  Whether we believe the insiders is an individual thing. Many of us love the Intel.  But if we question the wisdom of such azzhatery, forgive us.

That said..everything with trade proposals and a draft scenario that involves trading down for freaking Clingan before this post sucks. Stinks.  Reeks. Can any insider tell their source to relay to the team...they stink?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

This is a 50 win team and at minimum second round exit. Truly believe that team contends with the Celtics as long as BI is healthy 

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

On this I'll say one thing, the East is wide a**open.  Folks really have to understand we're not as far off as it seems.

Yeah, I think 50 wins is a stretch. But like KG says, East wide open and anything can happen based on movement along the margins. 
I want Sarr pretty bad, but I would love getting Herb Jones, and I think BI is a PRIME buy low candidate. I wanted him a few years ago when he was still an underrated player. 
Clingan to top it off would help me to fr the ledge since my biggest draft requirement is coming away with a 7 footer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I’m so damn excited to see the mid range maven Brandon Ingram do the exact same things that made Dejounte Murray a bad fit with the Hawks.   

At least he will be doing it in a 6’8 frame where he can create a positional advantage. It’s a lot more palatable having a forward sized player who like to score in the mid post.

Remember, 90% of the issues with DJ was that he overlaps so much of what Trae is. Ball dominant small guard whose best fit is at PG. l

Ingram is bigger, less (key word is less, not zero) ball dependent, and can play multiple positions not named PG. 

If Murray could do exactly what he did just in a bigger size that would eliminate half the fit issues.Ingram is not a perfect complement but he is a better compliment.

50 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Just wait until he’s making $20M a year more than DJM too. 

And just like everyone ASSUMED we would have to pay DJ over $40 mil a year to resign, let’s allow things to play themselves out. He could take less than market value (a trend of ours recently) or there could be another SnT opportunity out there for him that could net us additional assets.

The point is to not stand pat because it’s not a perfect match but to flip a player we gave up big assets to acquire for a similar level talent instead of settling for a handful of warm bodies.

• Like 3

There will be the exact same issues with Ingram.  He doesn’t want to shoot threes.  He prefers to pound the air out of the ball to get himself into his mid range shot.  He’s a bad defender.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There will be the exact same issues with Ingram.  He doesn’t want to shoot threes.  He prefers to pound the air out of the ball to get himself into his mid range shot.  He’s a bad defender.  

Quin will make him shoot more threes, which he is good at, just like he did with DJ.

Ingram had a defensive rating of 114.4 which would have been the best on our team last season. He has, like most players, improved dramatically on defense over the years. His length allowed him to matchup all over the court as needed. 

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans/brandon-ingrams-progress-on-defense-nba-pelicans-western-conference-playoffs/article_c9612f24-e245-11ee-99fd-db41beeea2e1.html

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ten?

Slide me another, make it a cool 11 like our franchise star? 😎 

One more for the good guy? You really are an outsider aren’t you.

I don’t think there’s a reasonable path to making us a top 4 seed in the east next year. IMO too many folks in this thread are acting like we can easily turn things around by moving Murray, Hunter, and Capella (without offering realistic/feasible ideas). Murray is a valuable player on a reasonable contract but the rumored trades don’t make us considerably better. Likewise, we’re not going to get back much value by moving an average-but-overpaid wing or an expiring center who has lost a step or two or three.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, supermariowest said:

One more for the good guy? You really are an outsider aren’t you.

I don’t think there’s a reasonable path to making us a top 4 seed in the east next year. IMO too many folks in this thread are acting like we can easily turn things around by moving Murray, Hunter, and Capella (without offering realistic/feasible ideas). Murray is a valuable player on a reasonable contract but the rumored trades don’t make us considerably better. Likewise, we’re not going to get back much value by moving an average-but-overpaid wing or an expiring center who has lost a step or two or three.

I think, if we return the same roster, we could be a top 6 seed just with better health.

That's more a statement against the supposed greatness of teams in the East than a statement in support of our greatness as a team. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think, if we return the same roster, we could be a top 6 seed just with better health.

That's more a statement against the supposed greatness of teams in the East than a statement in support of our greatness as a team. 

Top 6, with this roster?

giphy.gif

Now, you have to remember when we had everybody healthy, this team was at .500 and you thinking that we can be TOP 6 with this current roster.  No No No

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 6/2/2024 at 6:57 AM, AHF said:

Him being grossly overpaid hasn’t changed and last year was not some great breakout for him.

On 6/2/2024 at 2:44 PM, JeffS17 said:

Careful before you bring Sturt back out from the shadows lol

Nah, got no problem with AHF's comment. JC was grossly overpaid as of the time of the trade in June 2023.

Common misunderstanding, or so it seems... I was never asserting that JC was worth his paycheck at the time of the trade. If one hadn't gotten it already, s/he probably isn't going to get it now, but suffice it to say, the perceptive observer recognized what that trade said in the bigger picture than just the trade itself... the statement the trade made about Tony Ressler's mindset, strongly suspected before, but made vivid and definitive in that moment.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Ya I got top 5 or 6 as well. Weren’t we like one of the most injured teams in the league? Plus it was Quin’s first year, and we have the top pick.

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

KG WE RIDE.  Usually. But...

IMG_4970.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Agreed!  Don't forget how many man hours we lost last season.  Our draft picks of last season would be healthy and available.  We have one draft pick coming, whoever he is, and would add him to the active 15.

:smug:

6 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

Top 6, with this roster?

giphy.gif

Now, you have to remember when we had everybody healthy, this team was at .500 and you thinking that we can be TOP 6 with this current roster.  No No No

Read all of what I said.

26 minutes ago, deester11 said:

KG WE RIDE.  Usually. But...

IMG_4970.gif

I said what I said, gosh darn it.

The East is/was bad and it's not (likely) getting much better next season.  We're flawed but better than we showed this past season.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3