• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

18 minutes ago, Afro said:

Oh hey, I have no problem with the players that came back lol. It's just the cost. 

I feel like #1(or 4 and 8), DJM, and AJG might be close to worth that package alone, and you added another 3 dudes to it lol. 

I gotcha! I’d argue that the other 3 dudes (OO, Capela, and Hunter) are for cap space flexibility and allows us to extend JJ and Suggs without going into the lux tax. The other teams would need to accept this deal (everyone wants to win) and that usually comes at an overpay. The beauty of this trade for the Hawks is that players/picks are being replaced with better win now fits to Trae’s and Quin’s play style without us jeopardizing our future. This is also successful in trade machine (link here). 

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I know we don't like the 'stuff' from LAL but what if we are able to reroute those future (#17, 2029, 2031) pick(s) to Nets for Bridges?

If we are getting a pick package for DJ,I want those pick(s) rerouted.

I like Bridges, too.  What are you prepared to pay him when he turns 30?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deester11 said:

A healthy Capela ain't regaining his youth.

A healthy Hunter ain't regaining...err..gaining consistency.

A healthy Murray/Trae combo still has the same issues.  

A healthy AJ will still be MIA.

A healthy JJ - If only...he's a staple IF he is healthy

A healthy OO - still waiting...still waiting....

Top 6?  Maybe...but we all complain about where this team is at least for the last 3-4 years. So the answer is to remain status Quo and run it back with a rookie add, the same failed team, another playoff, possibly play-in failureIMG_9208.gif.a241268f3a89e5dbc57e55876a755e20.gif...and we run it back.  Landry Fields...stop posting here 😂.

Thanks..

Fans have been crying about health for 3 or 4 years now..

The "Hawksspital" isn't going anywhere with these same guys.. lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I like Bridges, too.  What are you prepared to pay him when he turns 30?  

It all depends on how it works out doesn't it? If he fits and we are winning I'm really not worried about it now.

8 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

If the trade doesn’t happen with the pelicans on or before draft day I may start losing hope 😩

i don’t see us being very competitive on the FA market. 

I had seen a report a few weeks back that said that both the Pelicans and the Hawks needed to complete this trade, if successful, during this NBA fiscal year. So yeah, hopefully it does indeed get done before the draft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Pay attention to the time between 4:30 - 10:00 smidge of Hawks but more of a "how other teams see this draft class". 

Translation: The ESPN hype machine isn't really hyping up anyone in this draft, therefore there isn't a surefire pick in this draft.  

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

DJ took a 140% max extension off his existing $18 million so that's why he got ~$25 mil per as opposed to waiting for his previous deal to expire and seeing if he could command 30% max (not that I think he'd get it) of the current cap ($141 mil) for about $42 mil per.

Ingram will be making $36 million, he won't take less. He will be looking for at least a 20% raise.

All we have to do is float the idea that we’re going to trade him to Toronto and then he’ll be more willing to sign a new deal below market value. 

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

DJ took a 140% max extension off his existing $18 million so that's why he got ~$25 mil per as opposed to waiting for his previous deal to expire and seeing if he could command 30% max (not that I think he'd get it) of the current cap ($141 mil) for about $42 mil per.

Ingram will be making $36 million, he won't take less. He will be looking for at least a 20% raise.

All we have to do is float the idea that we’re going to trade him to Toronto and then he’ll be more willing to sign a new deal below market value. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Pay attention to the time between 4:30 - 10:00 smidge of Hawks but more of a "how other teams see this draft class". 

What I took from it is that the Rockets could have a bright future…

4 hours ago, therealist said:

i agree that this is a possibility. do any big brain hawks fans have any other ideas for pieces that could immediately improve a trae young-centric roster? lots of teams vastly improved last year by making small moves or regressed due to letting role players walk. i'd love to start thinking about ideas like that rather than swinging for the fences. giannis, KAT, siakim talk is obviously more exciting, but i feel like all that discussion has been run through

personally, i think KCP is out of denver and would b a great defensive piece next to trae. he's a georgia guy too. we'd still have to move DJM in this scenario, but i feel like that's an inevitability at this point (if the FO has decided to keep trying with trae, which i think they have)

I would love to see the Hawks cut a deal with Orlando with Murray going out to Orlando and Suggs being the main piece that comes back.  Murray fills their need for a point guard and they can presumably use recent lottery picks Black and Howard to backfill the guard position (Black in particular to provide the defensive presence Suggs provided this season).  Orlando will have a lot of pay dates in the future and Murray provides some cost certainty going forward along with more shot creation which should take some pressure of Paolo from a shot creation perspective.  Atlanta obviously wants Suggs perimeter defense and his improved 3 point shot.  There will need to be some other pieces involved but those would be the principals.  

Alternatively the front office can look to target some pre-breakout two-way wings.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

We just need to ensure we get value out of Murray.  As a PG he is a beast, has made an all-defensive team and has really improved as a scorer.  And he's on a very team friendly contract for the next 4 years.

If we trade him for Ingram as the centerpiece that is a failure on the FO.  

Ingram and herb jones are the center piece(S)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packfill said:

I would love to see the Hawks cut a deal with Orlando with Murray going out to Orlando and Suggs being the main piece that comes back.  Murray fills their need for a point guard and they can presumably use recent lottery picks Black and Howard to backfill the guard position (Black in particular to provide the defensive presence Suggs provided this season).  Orlando will have a lot of pay dates in the future and Murray provides some cost certainty going forward along with more shot creation which should take some pressure of Paolo from a shot creation perspective.  Atlanta obviously wants Suggs perimeter defense and his improved 3 point shot.  There will need to be some other pieces involved but those would be the principals.  

Alternatively the front office can look to target some pre-breakout two-way wings.

That would be so much better than friggin Brandon Ingram.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That would be so much better than friggin Brandon Ingram.

Why do you talk about Brandom like he's a bum? Dude is legit allstar level talent - scores well from 3 levels when he has a real pg next to him, long boy on defense, playmakes well.

BI is >>> jalen suggs lol

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, akay said:

Why do you talk about Brandom like he's a bum? Dude is legit allstar level talent - scores well from 3 levels when he has a real pg next to him, long boy on defense, playmakes well.

BI is >>> jalen suggs lol

Suggs is a better defender, has a much better shot diet, and is a much better fit next to Trae.  

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, akay said:

Dude is legit allstar level talent

This I don't see.  Seems largely like a taller DJM to me but no more productive at anything.  Some of the same worrying traits and I don't buy the shot diet is all about the PG thing either.

Look at his last two seasons with Lonzo Ball:

2019-20:  27.4% midrange shots

2020-21:  40.0% midrange shots

Even when he was still playing with Ball, he was already moving the midrange diet we've seen from him the last 4 years.  I do think he will shoot more 3's under Quin but I also think his midrange emphasis was a choice he made in addition to influenced by a lack of elite PG play next to him.  He might completely change his shot selection but I'm not assured of that.  4 straight years of 40%+ midrange shots including when playing with Ball is worrying.

If we pay for him as if he is an All-Star talent we are going to be very disappointed.  We need to pay for him in a trade (if we trade for him at all) as if he is going to be on a deal that he will have trouble justifying because that is the deal we should expect him to sign after next season.

• Like 2