2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

I can get on board with Clingan IF we do the Nola deal, trade with Spurs for 4 and 8, and then 4 and AJ for 3. I've come around on that. I would prefer Nola deal and Sarr, but I can see the vision behind the other.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Because all you see it big white guy that defends and nothing else. Hes better than kessler on both ends

Have you watched Clingan pass?

Yes and I’ve watched Gasol as well.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Because all you see it big white guy that defends and nothing else. Hes better than kessler on both ends

Have you watched Clingan pass?

He's better than Kessler on both ends only because you are projecting him to be better, but he hasn't shown the in-game skill level to actually be better.  Kessler was at least equal to if not better as an overall rim protector defensively.  They both have limitations guarding in space.  Neither have shown any in-game ability to play on the perimeter offensively.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

It seems like you are arguing against something that no one is arguing for.  I haven't seen anyone suggest trading the 1st pick for Herb Jones.  Unless I've missed something, the trade that has been discussed is DJM/Hunter/Capela for Ingram/Jones/Nance.  No picks involved.  In that scenario, you could and should still draft Sarr with the 1st pick.

Trae/Ingram/Jones/JJ/OO

Kobi/Bogi/Vit/Nance/Sarr

There was an insider post regarding trading #1 for #4 and #8...then flipping 8 in a trade to acquire Herb.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Player not listed that he has shades of Marc Gasol

I see more Marc Gasol in Edey than Donovan. Marc like Zach has tremendous lower body strength. Whereas Donovan has the tremendous upper body strength. The difference is Gasol is a poor athlete with tremendous fluidity and Edey is a freak athlete with poor fluidity. 

7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I think Risacher may be the pick and I’m good with that

He absolutely shouldn't be the pick.  He's less compelling as a "big wing" after his measurements.  I feel like he needs to be a guard, and I don't think he has the self-creation skills to do it anytime soon.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He absolutely shouldn't be the pick.  He's less compelling as a "big wing" after his measurements.  I feel like he needs to be a guard, and I don't think he has the self-creation skills to do it anytime soon.  

I think he has a promising chance to be a star in the NBA. He wouldn't be a big wing.. He is more like a large guard. He would see most time at SG/SF.

IMO I would start him like this:

Trae
Risacher
JJ
Power Forward like Randle
OO

Edited by theheroatl

• Moderators
Just now, theheroatl said:

I think he has a promising chance to be a star in the NBA. He wouldn't be a big wing.. He is more like a large guard. He would see most time at SG/SF.

IMO I would start him like this:

Trae
Risacher
JJ
Power Forward like Randle
OO

What does a star Rischer look like to you?  Khris Middleton?  

If the trade actually happens for Ingram and Jones I don’t see how we draft Richasare. That would be 3 offseason additions that overlap positionally with each other or JJ.

We would most certainly take the center of our choice in that case.

I think Richasare becomes a real possibility if we have yet to address wing defense.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If the trade actually happens for Ingram and Jones I don’t see how we draft Richasare. That would be 3 offseason additions that overlap positionally with each other or JJ.

We would most certainly take the center of our choice in that case.

I think Richasare becomes a real possibility if we have yet to address wing defense.

JJ is a tweener who can't play on the wing. He doesn't overlap with anyone but Gueye and Sarr

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJ is a tweener who can't play on the wing. He doesn't overlap with anyone but Gueye and Sarr

My point is if you have Ingram, Jones and JJ at your 2, 3 and 4, where does Richasare fit?

Im not calling JJ a wing in this example, but putting him in the mix in case someone envisions Richasare as a forward option.

So worded another way, is even if you think he can play some at the 4, we already have JJ in that spot.

He becomes less valuable if we make the Pels trade. Especially if it’s a tie between him and our other favorite prospects.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

My point is if you have Ingram, Jones and JJ at your 2, 3 and 4, where does Richasare fit?

Im not calling JJ a wing in this example, but putting him in the mix in case someone envisions Richasare as a forward option.

Be becomes less valuable if we make that trade. Especially if it’s a tie between him and our other favorite prospects.

Where is this idea we are landing Herb and Ingram from? 

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

genuinely curious as to what you think JJ's limitations are on the wing. i've always hoped he could develop into more of a switchable big wing than just a 4. is it his inability to guard opposing wing players that's holding him back?

35 minutes ago, AHF said:

What does a star Rischer look like to you?  Khris Middleton?  

Franz Wagner

22-6-4 player

Not a Durant but more a Wagner who absolutely helped the magic a lot this year

Edited by theheroatl

5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Franz Wagner

22-6-4 player

Not a Durant but more a Wagner who absolutely helped the magic a lot this year

He's going to have to get A LOT better off the dribble and as a playmaker to meet that expectation.

• Like 3