• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Clingan will never be better than the 5th best player on the team long-term.  That's what you want to use the #1 overall draft pick on?  Not to mention that his positional archetype is a dinosaur.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Clingan will never be better than the 5th best player on the team long-term.  That's what you want to use the #1 overall draft pick on?  Not to mention that his positional archetype is a dinosaur.  

I 100% disagree but go on bro, let it out

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know you don't want to hear this but they're really high on Clingan. 

Does that suggest that their affinity for Clingan has been enhanced even further after a very positive private workout?

5 minutes ago, parfait said:

Does that suggest that their affinity for Clingan has been enhanced even further after a very positive private workout?

Clingan must have shown that he can guard a point guard on a 1-5 switch.  🙄

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I have a little freedom to speak.

I started talking about the possible deals being floated out there by legit sources (public or private) back on May 20.  There are like 5 versions of the possible SA deal.  Like 3 versions of the possible Portland deal. There is a possible Detroit deal to move down to 5.  At least 10 teams have had serious talks about moving up to 1 but I don't know much more than I've already shared. Its all been a feeling out process and there's no telling if even the legit sources have reliable info.

All leaked deals related to only players should not be believed, not 1 bit (see below). Most are either media conjecture or other teams leveraging leaking to

What I know and have hinted at multiple times with anyone that has an ear willing to listen. The org is concerned about the current makeup of the roster at the current salary commitment. The performance of the team when either DJ or Trae was out opened their eyes a bit.  The team is highly concerned with their size/length/weight at all 5 positions. They are looking at the offseason with a lens on trades to improve specifically in size and playable wing depth.

Prior to the draft lottery, the entire plan was built around using 10 and players to try and correct some of the salary mistakes, trading away draft capital while still being competitive. They do not want to rebuild. Quinn did not sign on for that.  Winning the lottery caught them by surprise and without a serious contingency plan for if they won, they had to reset all their previous conversations based on #1 being a significantly more valuable chip to fix their issues than 10.

Anything you've heard in the media, from sources, etc has been primarily conjecture. Expect mock drafts to change dramatically next week. The org has been especially tight lipped this offseason and there are reasons for this that go just beyond the top pick. They aren't happy with unauthorized leaks. The league has also come down on leaking and unauthorized talks between non-authorized members of orgs (like locker room guy sharing info with another team's bench coach). These guys all know each other outside of the office and OPSEC has been terrible. All of these players, their personal coaches/trainers/agents all attend events, workout or play together in the summer. League has sent out guidance to all teams over worries about bad press or rumors related to information sharing (think Bud taking our draft intel with him to Milwaukee), leveraging the media/social media and collusion.

If they are being tight lipped, how do you know what you or any other "insiders" are hearing is accurate? 

I take all these rumors with an ocean of salt. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Well, if you read what I wrote its that anyone leaking right now about player deals should not be trusted.  Pretty sure that answers that. I'll go on to say 90% of what's being said about drafted players and position/trades is also pretty bogus.  My above post is not to throw my hat back into that arena but mainly to toss cold water on a lot of the "I know what's going to happen" discussions.

I'm telling everyone right now. I have no idea what's really going on. The bit above is what I heard and the last paragraph is the why I don't know what's going on.  That's pretty much the only thing I know for sure right now.  The org is super serious about leaking right now and so is the NBA.

Well all that and I really don't need/want anyone's else's approval. I'm not selling a blog, building a brand and I already have more friends than fingers, so I don't need anymore than I can count, don't need any more.

Who said I was trying to give you my approval for anything? 

I liked everything else you said, but was asking a legit question.  Everything that comes from anyone this time of year is a bunch of posturing.  Rather it's sourced or the media is the point I was making. 

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I'm not convinced that the Hawks are going to trade Clint.  Quin absolutely loves him, even with the limitations that he has.  If Quin also loves Clingan, then I'd be willing to bet that he is lobbying hard for the Hawks to keep Clint around to show Donovan the ropes.  Which means OO would be the likely piece included in the trade that nets the Hawks very little to nothing in return.  

Almost sounds like you're coming around to the idea ....

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I know you don't want to hear this but they're really high on Clingan. 

How high?

Like #1 pick high?

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, terrell said:

They’re going to trade back in order to dump some salary, and then say we had Clingan #1 on our board anyway. 😂

You sir, have hit the nail directly on the head.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

"Current salary commitment" must include:

Bog ------ $18 M.

Murray ---$18 M.

Clint -----$20 M.

Hunter --$20 M.

Young ---$40 M.

Easiest way to drop the payroll is to move the biggest one.  I know.  He's our great star.  But his payroll hit is twice what any other Hawks gets paid.  By the way, this was last season's pay.  This year's will probably be higher.

We expect but don't know that either Murray or Young will be traded.  Remember, Young cost more than double what Murray does.  We also know that Young does some extraordinary things and that he is a fan favorite of most all the youngest Hawk fans.  However, is he worth the payroll hit he brings?  

One thing I am sure of.  I know nothing!  I was sure I knew who I wanted in this season's draft.  Rumors have Atlanta moving back, therefore I am completely at sea.  Some of those big salaries may be moved.  So many questions.  No known answers!

🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warcore said:

that is unnecessary. Just take BPA at 4. AJ will get another opportunity if Dre goes out in the NOLA deal. 

I may do AJ for a high 2nd rdr at this point...

I actually think it's a possibility, with a future 2nd coming to the Hawks as well.

Hawks get off his $4mil and put a young guy on a 2-way contract instead.

Maybe someone like Ryan Dunn, Johnny Furphy,  Terrance Shannon, etc... falls...

Heck maybe Edey falls....😀

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I have a little freedom to speak.

I started talking about the possible deals being floated out there by legit sources (public or private) back on May 20.  There are like 5 versions of the possible SA deal.  Like 3 versions of the possible Portland deal. There is a possible Detroit deal to move down to 5.  At least 10 teams have had serious talks about moving up to 1 but I don't know much more than I've already shared. Its all been a feeling out process and there's no telling if even the legit sources have reliable info.

All leaked deals related to only players should not be believed, not 1 bit (see below). Most are either media conjecture or other teams leveraging leaking to

What I know and have hinted at multiple times with anyone that has an ear willing to listen. The org is concerned about the current makeup of the roster at the current salary commitment. The performance of the team when either DJ or Trae was out opened their eyes a bit.  The team is highly concerned with their size/length/weight at all 5 positions. They are looking at the offseason with a lens on trades to improve specifically in size and playable wing depth.

Prior to the draft lottery, the entire plan was built around using 10 and players to try and correct some of the salary mistakes, trading away draft capital while still being competitive. They do not want to rebuild. Quinn did not sign on for that.  Winning the lottery caught them by surprise and without a serious contingency plan for if they won, they had to reset all their previous conversations based on #1 being a significantly more valuable chip to fix their issues than 10.

Anything you've heard in the media, from sources, etc has been primarily conjecture. Expect mock drafts to change dramatically next week. The org has been especially tight lipped this offseason and there are reasons for this that go just beyond the top pick. They aren't happy with unauthorized leaks. The league has also come down on leaking and unauthorized talks between non-authorized members of orgs (like locker room guy sharing info with another team's bench coach). These guys all know each other outside of the office and OPSEC has been terrible. All of these players, their personal coaches/trainers/agents all attend events, workout or play together in the summer. League has sent out guidance to all teams over worries about bad press or rumors related to information sharing (think Bud taking our draft intel with him to Milwaukee), leveraging the media/social media and collusion.

Just say “no” to drugs and trading with the Spurs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

image.gif.140f47a802fe2689bbacbed7d108c360.gif

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

We need a thumbs down emoji instead of Like or Thanks for some of these posts.

Agreed…I owe you about 50.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, warcore said:

that is unnecessary. Just take BPA at 4. AJ will get another opportunity if Dre goes out in the NOLA deal. 

If Clingan is the goal, it's not unnecessary. 

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Almost sounds like you're coming around to the idea ....

More like coming to the realization that this is what will happen.  Don't be surprised if, not only if they keep Clint, but they end up giving him like a 2-year extension.  

• Sad 1