• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

The NBA is like: " We rig the lottery so the Hawks can get the first pick of the draft in 50 years and they determined to give it back.  Even the Atlanta Spirit ownership group wasn't that ignorant..."

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952al0pwmqyhtecbdkbc3t

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I am curious about the #1 pick considering we always had the excuse of “they took our guy right before we picked”.

:good:

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The NBA is like: " We rig the lottery so the Hawks can get the first pick of the draft in 50 years and they determined to give it back.  Even the Atlanta Spirit ownership group wasn't that ignorant..."

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952al0pwmqyhtecbdkbc3t

There is a chance they end up keeping it but Risacher is getting calls and the Hawks could use more assets. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

There is a chance they end up keeping it but Risacher is getting calls and the Hawks could use more assets. 

If teams are calling to move up for a player, maybe it would be wise to take him ourselves.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

If teams are calling to move up for a player, maybe it would be wise to take him ourselves.

I think the Hawks take Risacher.. Calling it now.. Call it my lock

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

I think the Hawks take Risacher.. Calling it now.. Call it my lock

Whoa, whoa hero.  Don't lock it in before workout season.

:Korver: Naw, kg.  He already put his card down. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Whoa, whoa hero.  Don't lock it in before workout season.

:Korver: Naw, kg.  He already put his card down. 

Sorry KG I can't wait.. I want to lock my answer in... more street cred for my rep in the outsiders

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I wouldn't be shocked if he's the pick, there is love for him. Just not as much love as there is for Clingan. 

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Risacher is not a #1 overall pick type.  There is only 1 archetype in this draft that is a #1 pick.  That's Alex Sarr.  

I know I can't change you as much as I can't change Supes love for Edey but it is what it is at this point.

There is more smoke on Risacher to the Hawks than Sarr.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 1

The Rockets and Hawks are always talking trades but a new rumor is Risacher to Houston is a possibility. The idea is Brooklyn wants Risacher. There is a chance he could fall to Houston but it seems highly unlikely and Brooklyn interest is mainly in Risacher. I was told that 3rd overall pick is not as intriguing to Brooklyn. 

Before someone ask about Atlanta, they just aren't on the same page. Hawks don't have the young cheap assets that they are open to move for Bridges aka JJ. Mikal is gonna be an overpay. Just what I've been told if Brooklyn trades him. 

Houston is very aggressively now pursuing Mikal Bridges. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Rockets and Hawks are always talking trades but a new rumor is Risacher to Houston is a possibility. The idea is Brooklyn wants Risacher. There is a chance he could fall to Houston but it seems highly unlikely and Brooklyn interest is mainly in Risacher. I was told that 3rd overall pick is not as intriguing to Brooklyn. 

Before someone ask about Atlanta, they just aren't on the same page. Hawks don't have the young cheap assets that they are open to move for Bridges aka JJ. Mikal is gonna be an overpay. Just what I've been told if Brooklyn trades him. 

Houston is very aggressively now pursuing Mikal Bridges. 

Houston with Bridges is an amazing defensive team

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nowhere. I completely made it up.

It hasn’t been mentioned anywhere on this board before now.

I legit LOL at this!

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:
C'mon on down 'seasoned center" Clint Capela: 

🤔 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Clingan will never be better than the 5th best player on the team long-term.  That's what you want to use the #1 overall draft pick on?  Not to mention that his positional archetype is a dinosaur.  

No, I'm.pretty sure you have mentioned that.

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

No, I'm.pretty sure you have mentioned that.

Apparently not enough since some still want to buy into this idea that you can get by with a dinosaur big in the modern NBA.

19 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I know I can't change you as much as I can't change Supes love for Edey but it is what it is at this point.

There is more smoke on Risacher to the Hawks than Sarr.

Risacher is not a rotation player on a playoff team as a rookie.  Sarr's defense gives him the floor of a rotational player as a rookie.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trading down is realistic, but it’s a cop out for not having to make a tough, informed decision.

I think that is too black and white.  If the Hawks make the tough, informed decision to draft Jayson Tatum but can take him at #3 instead and pay him less and pick up another pick to boot then that is just smart GMing.  It could be a cop out along the lines of they can't make up their mind so they'll just drop back and take whoever is there but it could also be maximizing your return on the pick and ending up with your guy.

• Like 4