2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Didn’t @campster just say the hawks are being tight lipped with everything?

It’s far more plausible we aren’t saying anything and other teams trying to drive a narrative to get Sarr to drop. 

silly season is herreeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Blows me away at how many are this damn clueless when it comes to how a modern center in the NBA plays.  

the I know everything and am correct stance and the others know nothing and are wrong stance. Real basketball discussion going on here today 

Saying this like wemby and Chet are common types of centers is hilarious. The nuggets just won a chip playing drop 

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, deester11 said:

This Clingan shyt got Sheldon Williams vibes all over it.

Please don’t do this Landry!

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, deester11 said:

This Clingan shyt got Sheldon Williams vibes all over it.

This front office is too young to remember that, unfortunately. But that is exactly what it is. Impact college big for a blue blood program that won the natty. All of a sudden he is ready made for the NBA, despite the NBA not being compatible for his skillset.

I really hate dude’s ankles, bruh. It screams clumsy giant lol

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

the I know everything and am correct stance and the others know nothing and are wrong stance. Real basketball discussion going on here today 

Saying this like wemby and Chet are common types of centers is hilarious. The nuggets just won a chip playing drop 

The Nuggets play some drop, but they hedge a lot more.  They aren’t exclusively a drop coverage team.  Jokic isn’t a rim protector, so it doesn’t make sense for them to use him in drop that much.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Nuggets play some drop, but they hedge a lot more.  They aren’t exclusively a drop coverage team.  Jokic isn’t a rim protector, so it doesn’t make sense for them to use him in drop that much.  

Bucks won a title in primarily drop. Nuggets won a title in drop. Damn near every team in the league runs drop to some degree. Y’all gotta stop acting like wemby and Chet’s are normal and sarr isn’t even touching those two as a prospect 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Bucks won a title in primarily drop. Nuggets won a title in drop. Damn near every team in the league runs drop to some degree. Y’all gotta stop acting like wemby and Chet’s are normal and sarr isn’t even touching those two as a prospect 

Imagine seeing Chet and Wemby and your answer to them is Clingan.  

• Like 1

We have to limit our defense.  Can’t draft a modern archetype who doesn’t play center in the traditional fashion.  We have to get a plodder because he’s traditional.  

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Imagine seeing Chet and Wemby and your answer to them is Clingan.  

Imagine seeing those two and thinking sarr is even close as a prospect. Comparing Alex sarr to a generational alien is absolutely hilarious. 

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

I like Clingan, just not so early in the draft..Jakob Poeltl the most optimistic comp? But Jakob could actually get down hill and dunk on people when he was young, and better handle driving to the rim, way way better touch around the rim, and maybe even a better passer(even though Clingan is a good passer). I can see Clingan being a big time offensive rebounder, but punishing switches is just not that valuable in the NBA, being that switching isnt nearly as common anymore, and NBA defenses have adjusted with new schemes. His value as a passer without a short roll game will be heavily muted. If the defending guard gets through the screen in PnR and the big plays for the lob pass, he'll be stuck clogging the paint for his teammates. He's very good in drop and that is still valuable in the NBA but I don't think he is gonna be anything noteworthy on the perimeter against NBA guards. We saw with Walker Kessler how low the ceiling is on players like this even as fantastic rim protectors. There's so little upside and this type of player is easy to trade for. It's a bad draft, but the team with the #1 pick should be shooting much higher than this type of player IMO....  Plus he has injury concerns. IDK man.. The Hawks better know what they're doing.....

Agree on pretty much everything here.  

• Like 1

Also, if we were picking 10-15, I’d be on board with a player of Risacher’s skill set and size.  At #1 though, it’s hard to justify taking him when the 7-1 Sarr has a better off the dribble game.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Assuming this is the plan which I also think it is...they will simply take Clingan first if they can't get other trades lined up.

f***ing lol

1 hour ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

I’m fine with us taking Clingan over Sarr because honestly I think he’s a power forward with the he moves and plays. if Sarr is on this team, we are gonna move Jalen to learn another position when he just because a full time starter? And what about Mo gueye who everybody hyped during the offseason last year and the hawks traded their own second round picks for? 

If you want an actual center upgrade, it would have to be Clingan. He has his faults but he would help this team tremendously. The Sarr wants to go to Washington smells fishy though 

Being over 7' and already having a foot injury scares the heck out of me.

Does that not concern y'all at all?

Clingan moves like a foot injury waiting to happen..

We really need to trade down and pick up assets if we want him iMO....

If they take him at #1 some fans are gonna lose it.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, theheroatl said:

There is more smoke on Risacher to the Hawks than Sarr.

Until Hawks work out all the guys they are interested in and not interested in - too early to call it.

3 hours ago, deester11 said:

KB and I and a few others may be the only ones left on the train, but the pick should be Sarr. I got a bad feeling that on draft night I will not be happy.

IMG_3859.gif

You are in practice mode. I like it. :laugh1:

• Haha 3