• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 hours ago, deester11 said:

So let I get this straight. The team is said to be in love with Risacher and Clingan. Sarr has told the Hawks he wants to be a Wizard, so the Hawks in Hawk fashion puts out signals that he's not the first choice anyway? 

The guy said verbatim :"I'm really excited.  The Hawks are an exciting organization. It's great that they have the first pick.". Sarr was confident about his chances of being the number one pick.

So the Hawk's either don't really want him, or we're to believe he don't wanna play for the Hawks.  Conspiracy..approved.

IMB_20190515095956_Xu7W.gif

We are living in a dark timeline, that a prospect that wants to go to a team like Wizards that is constant at the bottom of the league while he could be on a play-in/play-off team like the Hawks.

Yeah good luck to him.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Watch Murray and Trae both still be on the roster come opening night 🤣 

Our Front office are clowns 🤡 

Yea but we will still support them.... Hurray

WLOC pt 2.1024214 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Players always have preferences for where they wanna go. Doesn't mean he'll pout and quit if he doesn't get what he wants.

If you think he's the best guy on the board for a position in need of an upgrade you pick him. Guarantee he'll forget about his preference a month into the season and will worry about adjusting to the NBA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All I'll say is this:

IF the Hawks determine Sarr is their guy they better not p*ssy foot around and not take him regardless of how he and his people feel and what they want....or we'll end up with another potential Haliburton situation and we miss out on the more talented player. Imagine for a second, if we were the ones trading Hali to Indy and getting back Sabonis.

IF the Hawks decide he isn't their guy, make sure the Wiz overpay to get him. I'll take Deni Advija thank you very much. 🤓

Unfortunately, the powers that be probably aren't savy enough to do any of this.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Watch Murray and Trae both still be on the roster come opening night 🤣 

Our Front office are clowns 🤡 

boy-aint.gif.70e801b4149c562a9db2f97031c41057.gif

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All I'll say is this:

IF the Hawks determine Sarr is their guy they better not p*ssy foot around and not take him regardless of how he and his people feel and what they want....or we'll end up with another potential Haliburton situation and we miss out on the more talented player. Imagine for a second, if we were the ones trading Hali to Indy and getting back Sabonis.

IF the Hawks decide he isn't their guy, make sure the Wiz overpay to get him. I'll take Deni Advija thank you very much. 🤓

Wizards are just sitting back with a bucket of popcorn, waiting for us to shit our pants. They not paying anything but the price of admission to watch our shit show lol

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This front office is too young to remember that, unfortunately. But that is exactly what it is. Impact college big for a blue blood program that won the natty. All of a sudden he is ready made for the NBA, despite the NBA not being compatible for his skillset.

I really hate dude’s ankles, bruh. It screams clumsy giant lol

OMG. The memory of this still haunts me. I just shook my head and turned off the TV :blanky:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

I'm starting to think someone picked the wrong ping pong balls and the NBA is forcing us to give back #1

According to these insider information nuggets, the Hawks would be better off giving the pick back and trading this years pick for a 2030 2nd round pick. Freaking morans!

IMG_5105.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, terrell said:

I like Clingan, just not so early in the draft..Jakob Poeltl the most optimistic comp? But Jakob could actually get down hill and dunk on people when he was young, and better handle driving to the rim, way way better touch around the rim, and maybe even a better passer(even though Clingan is a good passer). I can see Clingan being a big time offensive rebounder, but punishing switches is just not that valuable in the NBA, being that switching isnt nearly as common anymore, and NBA defenses have adjusted with new schemes. His value as a passer without a short roll game will be heavily muted. If the defending guard gets through the screen in PnR and the big plays for the lob pass, he'll be stuck clogging the paint for his teammates. He's very good in drop and that is still valuable in the NBA but I don't think he is gonna be anything noteworthy on the perimeter against NBA guards. We saw with Walker Kessler how low the ceiling is on players like this even as fantastic rim protectors. There's so little upside and this type of player is easy to trade for. It's a bad draft, but the team with the #1 pick should be shooting much higher than this type of player IMO....  Plus he has injury concerns. IDK man.. The Hawks better know what they're doing.....

I think this might be your longest post ever.

Job well done  :notworthy:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Afro said:

I'm starting to think someone picked the wrong ping pong balls and the NBA is forcing us to give back #1

Might as well. We targeting the same player we could have gotten if we stayed at #10 smh lol

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

This franchise is so unserious.

Just remember - it's still the Silly Season. There will be rumors of rumors - so I wouldn't put much concrete stock in any of it. 

Draft week is when things get more real.

• Like 1

I am so keeping receipts this silly season.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just remember - it's still the Silly Season. There will be rumors of rumors - so I wouldn't put much concrete stock in any of it. 

Draft week is when things get more real.

• Haha 1

I feel like I’m about to turn heel as a fan to this front office.

A year ago we were arguing about KAT vs Siakam coming to Atlanta only to watch them both in the conference finals while we missed the playoffs altogether. We still haven’t used a dime of JC’s Trade exception. Trae is eyeballing his exit. We got gifted the first #1 overall pick in our lifetime and we are afraid to use it. And not only that but the top prospect would rather play for the Wizards over the Hawks.

Did I miss anything?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2