• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So we move down 1 pick, get 2, 26, and a 1 next year.  We take Clingan and Dunn, the two best college defenders in the draft.  

Now THAT wouldn't bother me at all.  Man...I just want them to move smarter than most think they are. Including me.  

3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Now THAT wouldn't bother me at all.  Man...I just want them to move smarter than most think they are. Including me.  

Probably wouldn’t be a 1 next year.  Maybe a 1 in 26 or 27, which would help because they will still be bad and we don’t have any picks then.  

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

You are 100% right that if he is our guy, we need to make everyone think Sarr or Risacher so Washington and/or Houston will trade up to get their guy.

The only thing I've been saying. Perhaps Clingan is their one. But make other people scramble for who they really want.  

For the record..I'm not anti Clingan. I'm anti non imagination.  I feel for too long this organization has had none. Zero. Zilch. If they do select Clingan, I'm hoping the trades they make are going to augment him and put better pieces together for sustainably.  The play in goal is not a goal to me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, deester11 said:

The only thing I've been saying. Perhaps Clingan is their one. But make other people scramble for who they really want.  

For the record..I'm not anti Clingan. I'm anti non imagination.  I feel for too long this organization has had none. Zero. Zilch. If they do select Clingan, I'm hoping the trades they make are going to augment him and put better pieces together for sustainably.  The play in goal is not a goal to me. 

Common sense is better than imagination to me. 

Clingan has upside, if that's star potential, idk but there is a lot to like. He makes us a lot better the minute he's here. A lot better. Offensively, he's miles better than our other centers right now. Defensively, he's better than everyone we got right now. He's a good center right now that fits what we do to a T. I don't see much bad happening outside of injuries of course which you hope doesn't happen to anyone we take. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So we move down 1 pick, get 2, 26, and a 1 next year.  We take Clingan and Dunn, the two best college defenders in the draft.  

This ain't the NFL where EVERY draft pick has real value.  2/3 of every NBA first round is potential garbage. You don't trade what is supposed to be a definite (No. 1 pick in the draft) for a bunch of maybes.  This ain't spades.  If the Hawks front office can't figure out who the "definite" guy is at 1st overall in the draft they need to not be in the front office.  This ain't about needs either even though Sarr lines up with a need.  You get the best player, period, end of discussion.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

For shits and giggles, I've worked on a plan to see how many picks we can get in this draft (though I don't know why we'dwant more), get future picks and cut some salary. 🤓

#1 for #2, 26, and a future 1st

#2 for #4 and #8

#8 and CC to OKC for #12

#12 to NOP for Herb and #21 

DJ to Detroit for #5+  

So we end up with:

#4, #5, #21, #26  :laugh1:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Common sense is better than imagination to me. 

Clingan has upside, if that's star potential, idk but there is a lot to like. He makes us a lot better the minute he's here. A lot better. Offensively, he's miles better than our other centers right now. Defensively, he's better than everyone we got right now. He's a good center right now that fits what we do to a T. I don't see much bad happening outside of injuries of course which you hope doesn't happen to anyone we take. 

Man Supes you constantly come with your own view. Cool.  What does imagination have to do with anything? I've already stated it's not the player.  There are things to like but for me, he's not the best player in this draft.  That's an opinion much like yours. Why is it he has upside but Sarr doesn't? A few top 10 players have upside and weaknesses.  Clingan included.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For shits and giggles, I've worked on a plan to see how many picks we can get in this draft (though I don't know why we'dwant more), get future picks and cut some salary. 🤓

#2 for #4 and #8

#8 and CC to OKC for #12

DJ to Detroit for #5+  

So we end up with:

Sell the owner to make room for a rookie! 🥳 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

#2 for #4 and #8

#8 and CC to OKC for #12

DJ to Detroit for #5+  

So we end up with:

If we're not taking Sarr, I nominate you for GM! If the Hawks get enough swings they're bound to hit something!IMB_20201216065754_qs5J.gif.68c2348a33d6f7f07917d9c9512f3872.gif

• Haha 4

Forgot where I saw this, but does this allow you to  swing for Sarr or would Risacher be the play:

Hawks Receive: Jarrett Allen and Dyson Daniels

Cavs Receive: Brandon Ingram

Pelicans Receive: Dejounte Murray and Clint Capela

Young, Bogdanovic/Daniels, Risacher, Jalen Johnson, and Allen. Hunter, Bogdanovic/Daniels, Kobe Bufkin, and Onyeka Okongwu would make a strong bench unit as well.

Edited by deester11

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

#2 for #4 and #8

#8 and CC to OKC for #12

DJ to Detroit for #5+  

So we end up with:

As a followup...trade #5 to Utah for #10 and #29 and a future 1st.

#4, #10, #21, #26, #29 

OR

Trade #21 to NYK for  #24, #25 and #38 

#4, #10, #24, #25, #26, #29 #38

That'll make for some riveting TV at the bottom of the draft - 24, 25, 26 and 29. 🤓

• Haha 1

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Probably wouldn’t be a 1 next year.  Maybe a 1 in 26 or 27, which would help because they will still be bad and we don’t have any picks then.  

I don’t think we would get an unprotected future first from Washington.  The premium to trade up one spot should not be huge.  But the idea of picking up an extra pick for Dunn is intriguing.  He is unplayably bad on offense but so good on defense.  If he gets to be even just bad on offense you’ve got something there and with the 26th pick you aren’t sacrificing big assets to get him or anything.  

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

So, are we really going for D. Clingan?  

Reality is we won’t know for a while.  We’ve got weeks of rumors ahead of us.  I’m strapped in.

• Haha 2

Just now, AHF said:

I don’t think we would get an unprotected future first from Washington.  The premium to trade up one spot should not be huge.  But the idea of picking up an extra pick for Dunn is intriguing.  He is unplayably bad on offense but so good on defense.  If he gets to be even just bad on offense you’ve got something there and with the 26th pick you aren’t sacrificing big assets to get him or anything.  

He’s such a good cutter and finisher on offense that Trae can make him efficient in a limited role while the rest of his game polishes up.  

You do have to be concerned initially with the lack of floor spacing that he and Clingan will provide.  

Interesting thread here discussing a defensive model among the college players.  Note that the Hawks have worked out Clingan, Clifford, and Mogbo on this list.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

So, are we really going for D. Clingan?  

We don't really know anything. All speculation at this point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Man Supes you constantly come with your own view. Cool.  What does imagination have to do with anything? I've already stated it's not the player.  There are things to like but for me, he's not the best player in this draft.  That's an opinion much like yours. Why is it he has upside but Sarr doesn't? A few top 10 players have upside and weaknesses.  Clingan included.  

Sarr has more upside than Clingan. The question is, how reality is it that he's going to reach it and his floor on offense is exceptionally low, the risk is far greater than the reward.