• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We don't really know anything. All speculation at this point.

image.gif.83b149ca66bc2c28fc326544c2df3dfc.gif

Burd the Stewie here, I’m the Turban 👳🏾‍♀️ and Ted is the media.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He will probably be drafted, but I’d love to get Reece Beekman on a two way deal.  

He will probably be drafted, but I’d love to get Reece Beekman on a two way deal.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Sarr has more upside than Clingan. The question is, how reality is it that he's going to reach it and his floor on offense is exceptionally low, the risk is far greater than the reward. 

Not really disagreeing and I would typically agree but I feel Sarr is worth it. 

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@deester11 was the Simpson’s gif guy and now he’s breaking out of his shell 🐚! Something is up with you bro, I dunno what it is but keep that ish up. 

You amongst others bring out the emotions. I laugh to keep from crying. Or at least so I'm not wearing a jacket hugging myself. Appreciate it...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Sign me up.  That kid is a baller.  I can see him being the rare Virginia player that translates to the nba defensively. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

This ain't the NFL where EVERY draft pick has real value.  2/3 of every NBA first round is potential garbage. You don't trade what is supposed to be a definite (No. 1 pick in the draft) for a bunch of maybes.  This ain't spades.  If the Hawks front office can't figure out who the "definite" guy is at 1st overall in the draft they need to not be in the front office.  This ain't about needs either even though Sarr lines up with a need.  You get the best player, period, end of discussion.

Unfortunately there are no definites in this draft.  There is no Wemby, Lebron or Tim Duncan where there was 100% consensus that they were going to be stars.  Sarr may be the best prospect just because of his potential upside, but in my view the reason he is not more well regarded is because the probability that he hits that upside is low - which is why some other prospects, like Clingan and Risacher, who may have lower ceilings but higher floors, are being considered at the top of the draft.

At the end of the day though, we have no idea.  There are disappointments in every draft and players that surprise.  Jokic was a second rounder and now he is on his way to the hall of fame. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sign me up.  That kid is a baller.  I can see him being the rare Virginia player that translates to the nba defensively. 

Ya he was on Seth Davis sleepers as was my guy from Zona at 10.

IMG_5389.jpeg

35 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Say it thrice and we might! :frantics:

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Risacher’s max vert is just 31 inches?   So he legitimately doesn’t have any elite traits.  

How about Andrei Kirilenko as an optimistic comparison for Risacher?

19 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Risacher’s max vert is just 31 inches?   So he legitimately doesn’t have any elite traits.  

Shhhh... hopefully the Hawks are sellin' smoke. 

Guy has avg vert, meager length, and is considered a 3D potential defensive guy?  Yeah, ok. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1

Just so you know before we sell out for Clingan, there is another center to consider.

He's bigger than Clingan

He's in better shape.  He played 10 minutes per game more than Clingan.

He's a much better scorer than Clingan.  He scored almost twice as many points as Clingan.

Finally, he made 71% of his free throws.  Clingan made 58% of his.

🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Just so you know before we sell out for Clingan, there is another center to consider.

He's bigger than Clingan

He's in better shape.  He played 10 minutes per game more than Clingan.

He's a much better scorer than Clingan.  He scored almost twice as many points as Clingan.

Finally, he made 71% of his free throws.  Clingan made 58% of his.

🤔

And he’s not even remotely close to Clingan defensively.  

Edited by KB21
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Risacher is probably 6th or 7th on my board now.

Same.

10 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Please take anyone except that guy.  

Ya this would be bad for us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Risacher is probably 6th or 7th on my board now.  He is 15 lbs lighter than projected at 195 lbs (15 lbs less than Durant coming out of Texas), shorter than projected, not long, can't create, not a passer, can't shoot FTs.  31" MAX vertical?  Please take anyone except that guy.  

Sarr is 4 inches taller and jumps 6 inches higher, and is probably more skilled with the ball in his hands.  Sarr is a better passer, better FT shooter, better rim protector, better lob threat, better defensively.  I really don't see how anyone can make an argument for Risacher over Sarr now.

It's almost like we/the Hawk's have to overthink Sarr. People knocking Sarr who has the most upside potential in this draft but is not worthy so let's accept all these other prospects who have equal or more issues is interesting to say the least. My head is literally spinning 

IMG_5131.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

It's almost like we/the Hawk's have to overthink Sarr. People knocking Sarr who has the most upside potential in this draft but is not worthy so let's accept all these other prospects who have equal or more issues is interesting to say the least. My head is literally spinning 

IMG_5131.gif

My max vert in high school was 30", and I couldn't jump at all.  I was thinking Risacher would have at least a 35+.  The fact that he isn't a freak athlete really takes him down a peg because he needs to gain about 25 pounds.  Gaining weight isn't going to help his vertical.

31" Max vert is like Deandre Hunter level.  That's bad.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1