• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Far worse.  Intergy.  I would crawl on hot coals to go back to working with Epic.  

Can't be worse that Cerner.....

oh let me keep it on topic...um....Zach Edey

• Haha 2

Perhaps, when the NBA finals are over and the official trading begins, Hawks will make moves and we Squawk posters will have something new to discuss.  Right now, we're guessing and hoping who we will draft.  A lot will depend on how many draft picks we end up with when all the dust settles.  In this very weak draft, the Hawks could end up with more than one.  Depends on trades.

Flush and begin over?  This has been discussed.  Trade both Young and Murray, Okongwu and Capela, plus Hunter with a clean sweep of the roster.  Take the players left, our new draft picks and whoever we get back in trade, surprise everyone by winning lots of games, then scare the heck out of whoever dares to face us in next year's playoffs!!

😝

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Birdsfan said:

That would be surprising if they trade both.  They would have to get several very good young players and unprotected 1sts to part with Trae.

And it would be worth it. The Celtics blueprint and the blueprint is DEFENSE.   I posted a scenario where the Hawks can build around defense and still have the scorer they need in Ingram and Bogi until they flip any picks into more scoring later. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Paper charting rules. We have it where I work. 

We do too. Most of the time it is very nice as notes get done much quicker. the downside is when you’re trying to find something from a different clinic and they have to fax it over.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

And it would be worth it. The Celtics blueprint and the blueprint is DEFENSE.   I posted a scenario where the Hawks can build around defense and still have the scorer they need in Ingram and Bogi until they flip any picks into more scoring later. 

But what team would part with that type of haul?  Pistons? Magic?  Would have to be a team with young and quality picks (and in a position to part with so much for one player).  

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

Perhaps, when the NBA finals are over and the official trading begins, Hawks will make moves and we Squawk posters will have something new to discuss.  Right now, we're guessing and hoping who we will draft.  A lot will depend on how many draft picks we end up with when all the dust settles.  In this very weak draft, the Hawks could end up with more than one.  Depends on trades.

Flush and begin over?  This has been discussed.  Trade both Young and Murray, Okongwu and Capela, plus Hunter with a clean sweep of the roster.  Take the players left, our new draft picks and whoever we get back in trade, surprise everyone by winning lots of games, then scare the heck out of whoever dares to face us in next year's playoffs!!

😝

Its about timing also.  You hang on to Trae and/or Murray too long (like they have done with Hunter) and trade values can go down.  Another huge part of this timing is drafting Sarr with the first pick of the draft (first overall number 1 pick in 50 years) gives you options immediately to move off Trae and/or Murray and full rebuild.  If they can get a scorer of Ingram's caliber and draft Sarr while keeping Jalen Johnson and hopefully Bogi, thats a very good move. They will not get this chance again which is why serious basketball folk are floating the idea out there even if it has zero merit from the Hawks.  Defense is where its at as Boston and the other playoff teams have proven. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

We do too. Most of the time it is very nice as notes get done much quicker. the downside is when you’re trying to find something from a different clinic and they have to fax it over.

That, but to be able to get paid by medicare and the other state programs, you have to have an EHR.  

7 minutes ago, Birdsfan said:

But what team would part with that type of haul?  Pistons? Magic?  Would have to be a team with young and quality picks (and in a position to part with so much for one player).  

Traes and Murray's trade value isn't as high as folks want to believe.  If you can get a decent return right now its a win.  Sometimes you have to take a lost.  You don't just give Trae or Murray away but you don't be too greedy either.  Teams are also not in a hurry to Trade for the contract that Trae has. The Hawks by default (Hawksquawk is happy about this) possibly can't trade Trae if they wanted to.  If the Hawks weren't being greedy most likely Trae would already be a Laker.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

What I may eventually do though is start my own practice and make it a concierge style practice where I get a membership fee instead of billing insurance.  

I know a few who do that where I am at.  Seems to have its ups and downs.  Pay is less than they can make elsewhere, but the freedom to practice as you like with less bureaucracy is nice.  The other downside is the concierge part can be rough with all hour calls is what I have been told.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I mentioned in the last update. The executives around the league still think Atlanta will trade both and definitely feel they should trade both. The organization clearly doesn't feel the same way and Trae been involved in the draft process. 

this is something i don't see discussed around here much. i know that a lot of us are hoping/expecting us to land herb as a way to keep the trae train rolling, and holding onto that thought alone is reason enough for us to want to keep him. but if that doesn't happen, how are we going to vastly improve a trae-centric roster?

if you consider trae solely from a roster composition standpoint, there hasn't been a lot of teams that have won the NBA championship with a point guard as their best player. i'd argue the last time it actually happened was the pistons with IT. obviously there's steph for the 2 years KD wasn't there, but i'd argue he played in an extremely unique and non-duplicable system that featured him more like a shooting guard. and you could argue lebron played the point on offense for a lot of his rings, but he wasn't guarding 1s. he definitely wasn't the point guard on the roster.

obviously we're all aware of trae's criticism of trae's character (deserved or not) and his defense (definitely deserved), but i'm not trying to dive into that at all. i'm talking purely from a roster standpoint, winning with a #1 as your best player doesn't really happen. but then again, it was a long time before a center as the best player won before jokic, and he did it. maybe trae can be that guy for PGs.

i'd guess this is the line of thinking among a lot of NBA FO's, and that's why you hear rumors that other teams don't value trae like the hawks do

5 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I know a few who do that where I am at.  Seems to have its ups and downs.  Pay is less than they can make elsewhere, but the freedom to practice as you like with less bureaucracy is nice.  The other downside is the concierge part can be rough with all hour calls is what I have been told.

The potential to make more is definitely there.  It all depends upon where you are at and if you have enough people that can afford to pay a $2500 per year fee.  

17 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Terrible take.  You honestly think a re-signed DeAngelo Russell and Rui Hachimura and a pick almost in the next decade are worth one of the best PG's in the league? 

If thats what the Lakers feel Trae is worth, thats a Hawks and Trae problem.  I don't set the market.  You just reported it.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The potential to make more is definitely there.  It all depends upon where you are at and if you have enough people that can afford to pay a $2500 per year fee.  

That makes sense.  But what do you do for those that use the service all the time?