• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

I’m definitely warm on the idea. Any draftee that drastically improves our horrid defense is a win in my book. 

take the best defender

What the hell? Nah you Sarr, stay here. Don’t give up! Don’t ever give up!

I swear I said the same thing about cp3 in 2005, I was begging. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

It's interesting that no one is coming out and saying that the Hawks covet Alex Sarr while continuing to project him to the Hawks in a large majority of the mock drafts.  

Because they don’t 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

If we trade down for 4 and 8, and I stress if, there would be another trade lined up with Houston to get up to #3 so we could take Clingan.  #4 and AJ for #3 is fair value.

Not trading back unless they know they will get their guy 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Birdsfan said:

Agree.  I think you take Risasher at 1 and only make the trade if Clingan is available at 4.  If not, you stick with Risasher.

With draft day trades in the NBA this is basically what goes on anyways. All trades during the draft are in principle only until approved by the league office. Assuming the rumors will be out by then and it won’t be a secret that we are trading him away, but it still wouldn’t be official. There’s time between 1 and 3 for things to dissolve. Like how the Luka trade was only going to happen if Trae was there at 5 but if not we would have kept Luka.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Seriously!  Why would you not want a 7'1" center that can switch 1-5 and has the base for a strong perimeter based offensive game?

Because he doesn’t have a base for an offensive game. 

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Seriously!  Why would you not want a 7'1" center that can switch 1-5 and has the base for a strong perimeter based offensive game?

THIS x10000000

If the Hawks screw this up, its over!!! The Hawks won't deserve to win anything

Just now, Mikey said:

Because he doesn’t have a base for an offensive game. 

This makes no sense at all

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

THIS x10000000

If the Hawks screw this up, its over!!! The Hawks won't deserve to win anything

This makes no sense at all

What is sarrs identity on offense today? Nothing he does right now is good especially nothing that fits for the hawks. awful screener, shooting isn’t good right now and awful hands 

Edited by Mikey

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What is sarrs identity on offense today? Nothing he has nothing especially nothing that fits for the hawks. awful screener, shooting isn’t good right now and awful hands 

1st of all maybe you're out of the loop but the Hawks' biggest weakness is their absolutely horrendous defense 

2nd that's like saying what was Giannis' offensive identity when the Bucks drafted him. Nonsense. Also it's not like Sarr is 23, he can develop an offensive identity.

Prospects like Sarr don't come along every day so you take them

Also I hope y'all won't be mad if Trae tries to jump ship becuz the Hawks stupidly pass over Sarr. I'll actively root for Trae if he joins another team and trashes the Hawks IF they decide not to draft Sarr

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

1st of all maybe you're out of the loop but the Hawks' biggest weakness is their absolutely horrendous defense 

2nd that's like saying what was Giannis' offensive identity when the Bucks drafted him. Nonsense. Also it's not like Sarr is 23, he can develop an offensive identity.

Prospects like Sarr don't come along every day so you take them

Clingan is the best rim protector in the draft. he fixes the defense as much as sarr and that too immediately. The bucks example is pointless they were not picking 1. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mikey said:

Clingan is the best rim protector in the draft. he fixes the defense as much as sarr and that too immediately. The bucks example is pointless they were not picking 1. 

Ok you don't keep up with modern NBA Centers so I'll explain it to you. The way that Centers have to play defensively now is different from how it was in 1995

Like this comment from Reddit about Clingan:

Dude HAS to play deep drop coverage. He was HORRIFIC in athletic testing at combine.

He's gonna get cooked in the NBA

• Thanks 1

Oh yea I forgot to mention Clingan's horrible stamina issues coupled with his garbage athleticism lmaooo

His big ass only played 22 mins a game which is terrible. That's all-time awful level stamina

You have got to be kidding me hahaha

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Ok you don't keep up with modern NBA Centers so I'll explain it to you. The way that Centers have to play defensively now is different from how it was in 1995

Like this comment from Reddit about Clingan:

Dude HAS to play deep drop coverage. He was HORRIFIC in athletic testing at combine.

He's gonna get cooked in the NBA

Yes I don’t follow the nba at all thank you for explaining this to me! 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So you are ignoring the positive shooting indicators and his off the dribble ability.  We are just going to act like those don’t exist.  

So he has no identity. Thank you for proving my point because everything with sarr offensively is what he may be able to do one day. + he has one to two shooting indicators and none actualized in his actual three point production yet.