• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

IMG_6478.thumb.jpeg.4e4b0deebd645f4afeb1196ea971835e.jpeg

This’ll end my 39 year run with the Hawks. Officially.

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

IMG_6478.thumb.jpeg.4e4b0deebd645f4afeb1196ea971835e.jpeg

This’ll end my 39 year run with the Hawks. Officially.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

IMO we still need to put the insider thread in the Senior forum.  It would stop a lot of this nonsense.

Karce be one of them parasite 🦠’s. 😂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Birdsfan said:

I don't remember anyone having Barrett above Ja.  It was always a clear top 3, but it was always Zion, Ja and then Barrett.

Ya this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Birdsfan said:

I don't remember anyone having Barrett above Ja.  It was always a clear top 3, but it was always Zion, Ja and then Barrett.

TheStepien did. They also had Culver in the top 3 as did KB. They hated Ja and said he can't shoot and his playmaking is not real 

3 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Don’t matter either way because it was a more talented draft at the time. Cam Reddish may have gone number one in this year’s draft. He compares very favorable to Risacher honestly lol

I love Cam and upside wise, it's not even close, Cam by a county mile. But Risacher is actually good right now. He's not special but he's good. Cam was bad at Duke. Just not the same players. 

7 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

These types of posts are so freaking annoying. He's 19 but you've got his whole freakin career figured out. SMH

When you draft you have to do projections.  The question on Sarr is all about potential.  If you project him to be a star, you take him without thinking.  
I don’t understand what the problem is in trying to figure out someone”s career.  Isn’t that what the entire draft process is about?

I’m only saying what I hear from analysts.  I was really excited about Sarr, but then I started listening to people breaking down his game.  Like laughing when they mentioned his offensive skills.  When I maker an investment like Sarr, I want to hear the good and bad.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Draft picks are how you get star players. You have to get lucky, that's the only way. 

But I keep hearing there are no stars in this draft. So which is it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Final_quest said:
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If you have an extra pick it helps you reshape the roster.  It just depends on what you do with that pick.  It could be traded for a vet.  

But most are suggesting we will up with two rookies, which coincidently cost more than #1 combined.

• Like 3

Take a look at this Wizards forum post.  People got all kinds of questions about Sarr, and it's only covered up with responses like "But he's 19!"  There are a lot of 19 yo's.  No one seems to take issue if you project Risacher as anything but a role player.  So you have to look at the reality of where Sarr is and explain why his flaws are not enough to deter you from taking him #1.  

image.png.0033c94ffde92664f80061364d0803f7.png

10 hours ago, aali34 said:

@NBASupes dudes on twitter are sharing your posts if you didn’t know

Supes is going Twitter famous, while those RealGM dudes are trying to clown him.

Some of us may disagree with Supes and go at him at times, but he IS one of us. We can't let stragglers clown Supes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

It could be either. Draft outcomes are extremely hard to predict. 

My point exactly.  I guess it's the 'absolute nature' with which I see some comments are being presenting that gives me pause.