• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Jake Weinbach needs hits. That’s what that means. Trae stays.

He wants you to whine back.  He needs you to…

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Jake Weinbach needs hits. That’s what that means. Trae stays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sothron said:

you guys honestly have no idea how much our sources are putting the squeeze on us. They check these boards. If I say something that I've been told to keep quiet I lose that access. I wish I could tell you guys and lady all the juicy bits but I can't. 

There's a lot and I mean A LOT of different directions this franchise can go and all of those options are very, very much on the table. 

Can you reveal it some day in the future 🙂 ? 

13 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I actually left him with a Daily Reminder on that 🙂

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

you guys honestly have no idea how much our sources are putting the squeeze on us. They check these boards. If I say something that I've been told to keep quiet I lose that access. I wish I could tell you guys and lady all the juicy bits but I can't. 

There's a lot and I mean A LOT of different directions this franchise can go and all of those options are very, very much on the table. 

vVtlWJZ.jpg

If you see something message like that, something big is about to happen (or nothingburger).  But you have to spill to us one day.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I've went from being shocked if Trae got traded this summer to surprised if he got traded this summer. I can't say more than that. 

You been reading my posts from 2025?

Yeah, me neither. 😥

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

With all the different posts and all their different ideas about what may happen this summer, why would any of us be surprised that the Atlanta front office is hearing the same thing and are having the same ideas discussed?

One of the biggest things that will come out of all this is how all the other NBA teams feel about any deal that can be made with the Hawks.  It takes two to tango!  One-sided trade ideas are just that, one-sided.  However, this leads to a counter-offer and from there to a real trade deal may come.  

When more than one NBA team wants what you have, then the wheels begin to turn faster.  One team or the other then may come up with a new idea to sweeten the deal.  Maybe a future 1st or 2nd round draft pick.  Hawks could be interested.

:smug:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yup not like the cetlics, t wolves, mavs, nuggets last year all didnt go far running it. Nonsense agenda pushing <<<<<

Of those teams, only Minnesota is close to being exclusively drop coverage.  Boston very clearly isn't.  They blitz.  They hedge.  They show.  Dallas hedges a lot.  Denver does more hedging than drop because Jokic isn't a great rim protector and has a good feel for getting into passing lanes.  

As Sam Vecenie said in the podcast, ground coverage defensively is the most important aspect, particularly in the playoffs against teams running 5 out offenses.  

• Like 2