• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

If the pick isn’t Sarr, this describes Castle. I’d take him and not think twice about him wanting to play PG. he can run the second unit for ~16 minutes a night and play a perfect compliment to Trae the rest of his time. He’s the only guy in this draft I’d be willing to trade out of 1 for. 

I recommended taking BOTH UConn players a while back..  For lnterior and POA defense.. lol

That was if we made a deal with SA for 4 and 8..

Edited by terrell

NBA mock draft 2024: Updated projection with latest rumors after NBA Finals - SBNation.com

1. Atlanta Hawks - Donovan Clingan, C, UConn

No one knows what the Hawks are going to do with this pick mostly because there hasn’t been a consensus No. 1 player in this class at any point in the cycle. The fact that Atlanta was preparing to draft at No. 10 entering the lottery before jumping all the way up to No. 1 probably didn’t help matters. We know the Hawks have scouted French wing Zaccharie Risacher in person at a playoff game and brought him in for a workout. There are rumors the team is also considering trading down, perhaps to target UConn center Donovan Clingan. With Washington and Houston lurking as potential Clingan suitors slightly down the order, it’s starting to feel like Atlanta could just take the Huskies big man at No. 1.

The Hawks’ defense has always been bad since they drafted Trae Young. Last season, Atlanta finished No. 27 in defensive efficiency. Rim protection was a distinct weakness, with the Hawks finished No. 26 in blocks per game. Clingan is the draft’s best shot-blocker, and arguably its most impactful overall defender. An underrated factor in this pick is that Atlanta owes unprotected first round picks to the San Antonio Spurs in 2025 and 2027. Clingan feels more ready to contribute than someone like Sarr (who was my personal pick here last week), and that might make the difference for a team that doesn’t want to surrender a high pick next season.

11 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Just rain on my parade why don’t ya. ☔

#StillTeamSarr

That team may be heading to Washington there is still a shot he could end up in Atlanta as well as my boy, Edey 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did they meet on Hinge?  Transparent communication about each other’s feelings is paramount.  From what I hear, Tinder relationships don’t usually want the partnership to continue.

Edited by Hawkish
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So what does a trade with each of these teams get us?

Grizzlies, Bulls, Wizards, and Pelicans

I'd love to get Smart from Grizz or Caruso from Bulls, but not sure that Capela alone does that.  Have a feeling that Pelicans aren't really interested in Clint.  He's not a great fit next to Zion.  Only way he goes there in my mind if it's part of a bigger deal to get DJ for BI. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was wondering the same.  Would we simply be looking to swap a veteran for a veteran at another position?  (e.g. Smart) Chicago and Washington don’t have anything I’d want besides unprotected 1sts.  

17 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

Jokic? 

We don't know one way or the other on really any of these folks.  Some of the most outwardly humble people are the opposite of that in reality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Grizzlies-Luke Kennard- (Hawks save 5 million) Ressler would love this trade..

Bulls-Vucevic(3 yrs left on his deal)

Wizards-Richaun Holmes+Cory Kispert(bench depth)

Pels-Larry Nance+Dyson Daniels+future pick(probably our best deal) 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We don't know one way or the other on really any of these folks.  Some of the most outwardly humble people are the opposite of that in reality. 

I respect your Orwellian, Kafkaesque view of the world. 

• Haha 1