2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He's going back to the Spurs.

For? Please don't include Keldon Johnson.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I'd love to get Smart from Grizz or Caruso from Bulls, but not sure that Capela alone does that.  Have a feeling that Pelicans aren't really interested in Clint.  He's not a great fit next to Zion.  Only way he goes there in my mind if it's part of a bigger deal to get DJ for BI. 

Maybe something like Capela + sacs 1st next year for Caruso  or Capela + Griffin. 

7 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Maybe something like Capela + sacs 1st next year for Caruso  or Capela + Griffin. 

unless we can get another 2025 pick from a separate deal, I'd prefer hanging onto that Sac pick if we can.  If we can get either Caruso or Smart to play SG, we're already better defensively. 

24 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Could be Keldon Johnson and some combination of picks.

We need a 3rd team to take KJ.... Smh

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I wouldn’t add a 1st for Caruso.  I believe he has one year left on his deal.  How much are you willing to pay him?  Is he a starter on a championship team for us?

Edited by Hawkish

1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

I wouldn’t add a 1st for Caruso.  I believe he has one year left on his deal.  How much are you willing to pay him?

Hmm good point on his deal  with 1 year left didn't notice that.   Maybe something like 4 for 60 to 4 for 75   i feel he has been better value than Hunter has with that type of contract.

58 minutes ago, terrell said:

Grizzlies-Luke Kennard- (Hawks save 5 million) Ressler would love this trade..

Bulls-Vucevic(3 yrs left on his deal)

Wizards-Richaun Holmes+Cory Kispert(bench depth)

Pels-Larry Nance+Dyson Daniels+future pick(probably our best deal) 😀

i've always been intrigued about adding vucevic to a trae-centric offense. he can space the floor with his shooting, and pairing him with okongwu gives you a nice offensive and defensive option (with versatility) at the 5 spot. alternatively, if you take clingan, you have a center who can play drop and a center who can play out. either option adds some versatility to the center position

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Actually, he kind of is the biggest problem, and it's because he's the guy who fits the least with the rest of the team.

Our biggest problem with the starting lineup are Hunter and Capela. Capela's impact on the game has diminished and Hunter hasn't become the forward we've needed him to be. Murray hasn't been a good fit, but it's not for the lack of trying. He's adapted his game offensively to make it work. Defensively he's been sloppy, but I think that's a mental thing more than a lack of ability on that end. If we had the DPOY-candidate Capela we might be able to force a stop every now and then but those days are gone.

There are better guards in the league than Murray, but if we're not getting an upgrade than we shouldn't move him. It's not that I think we'll magically figure things out next year, but we need to be upgrading the roster talent wise.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Actually, he kind of is the biggest problem, and it's because he's the guy who fits the least with the rest of the team.

Some would argue that would be Trae. 

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Our biggest problem with the starting lineup are Hunter and Capela. Capela's impact on the game has diminished and Hunter hasn't become the forward we've needed him to be. Murray hasn't been a good fit, but it's not for the lack of trying. He's adapted his game offensively to make it work. Defensively he's been sloppy, but I think that's a mental thing more than a lack of ability on that end. If we had the DPOY-candidate Capela we might be able to force a stop every now and then but those days are gone.

There are better guards in the league than Murray, but if we're not getting an upgrade than we shouldn't move him. It's not that I think we'll magically figure things out next year, but we need to be upgrading the roster talent wise.

lots of posters have already pointed out how the hawks are worse when both dj and trae are on the court, and both dj and trae are worse individually as well. couple that with the fact that dejounte has trade value at all, moving him is the most feasible route for drastically improving the roster

1 minute ago, therealist said:

lots of posters have already pointed out how the hawks are worse when both dj and trae are on the court, and both dj and trae are worse individually as well. couple that with the fact that dejounte has trade value at all, moving him is the most feasible route for drastically improving the roster

And I disagree because while it is true that Trae and DJ have not played well together, we're not magically going to improve if we don't add a quality player who will actually be a better fit. All I'm saying is that should be looking at every position to potentially make an upgrade. The Luka + Kyrie partnership finally started bearing fruit when the Mavs upgraded the players around them. We could possibly see similar benefits if we upgrade from our weakest links which imo are Hunter and Capela.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Grizzlies-Luke Kennard- (Hawks save 5 million) Ressler would love this trade..

Bulls-Vucevic(3 yrs left on his deal)

Wizards-Richaun Holmes+Cory Kispert(bench depth)

Pels-Larry Nance+Dyson Daniels+future pick(probably our best deal) 😀

any idea why the bulls are interested in swapping capela for vuc straight up?