• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, therealist said:

any idea why the bulls are interested in swapping capela for vuc straight up?

Frees up their cap sooner.  1 yr deal vs 3 yr deal.

1 minute ago, therealist said:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

And I disagree because while it is true that Trae and DJ have not played well together, we're not magically going to improve if we don't add a quality player who will actually be a better fit. All I'm saying is that should be looking at every position to potentially make an upgrade. The Luka + Kyrie partnership finally started bearing fruit when the Mavs upgraded the players around them. We could possibly see similar benefits if we upgrade from our weakest links which imo are Hunter and Capela.

i'm still hoping for a trade with all three of those players mentioned. (djm, cc, and hunt). but it's probably wishful thinking that they'll all be included in any trade worth a damn

48 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

But does it free up their cap sooner since it's a 1 yr deal vs 3 year deal?

🙃

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Contract. CC is expiring.

This is why I wouldn’t make that deal.  I don’t want to commit to any marginal players for multiple years.

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Contract. CC is expiring.

Also Vuc was kind of garbage last year.  Really inefficient as a scorer last year and he’s never been a defender.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Two quick comments:

How can you take a wing at 1 who is a disaster with his athleticism?  Seeing 5th percentile stuff from him really limits his potential.  I can’t justify a wing as the top pick when he tests worse than Edey on athletic measures.  (Relative to others at the position.)

Who cares how Clingan shoots against chairs and 6’0’’ managers in workouts?  Does anyone believe that is more predictive than his free throw shooting?  What is his excuse for why he can’t shoot from the line in games?  (The reasons to take him have nothing to do with his shooting.)

I told myself to just protect my peace until the draft actually happens. There’s a lot of info going around and most of it is uninspiring.

This offseason is going to be painful until a move is finally made.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Two quick comments:

How can you take a wing at 1 who is a disaster with his athleticism?  Seeing 5th percentile stuff from him really limits his potential.  I can’t justify a wing as the top pick when he tests worse than Edey on athletic measures.  (Relative to others at the position.)

Yeah, seems like you smelling smoke too huh?

Or maybe you just giving Snoop a run for his money? 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, AHF said:

Two quick comments:

Who cares how Clingan shoots against chairs and 6’0’’ managers in workouts?  Does anyone believe that is more predictive than his free throw shooting?  What is his excuse for why he can’t shoot from the line in games?  (The reasons to take him have nothing to do with his shooting.)

To me, Risacher shouldn’t be in the mix for the top pick.  He’s the definition of average.  

The top three prospects in this draft overall to me are Alex Sarr, Donovan Clingan, and Reed Sheppard.  My 4th guy is Stephon Castle.  

With Risacher, I don’t see what makes him a better prospect than Tidjane Salaun or Cody Williams.  Those three should be a lot closer together in the ratings.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, therealist said:

I just threw some shit together on NBA trade machine.. lol

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Final_quest said:

He hasn't been very good in Chicago either...

Fans are ready to move on....

"Even when he's not being disgustingly inefficient, his defense and complete lack of effort on the floor hurts us far more than his 15 points a night benefits us.

He's a complete net negative on the floor and we'd be so much better with even just an average center taking his minutes.

Thinking about the fact that we owe him another 40mil over the next two years makes me sick, he makes it so hard to watch our games and I don't think I've ever had such a complete and utter hatred for a bulls player before"

🤣🤣

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Two quick comments:

Just thinking about Risacher at #1........Should be a fireable offense.. lol....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Just thinking about Risacher at #1........Should be a fireable offense.. lol....

Between Risachers bad measurables and Sarrs tiny hands, I can see why the Hawks would choose Clingan or Sheppard

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Between Risachers bad measurables and Sarrs tiny hands, I can see why the Hawks would choose Clingan or Sheppard

Was Sarrs hands really that tiny?

• Premium Member

I'm a little surprised, even though I might have missed it, that no one noticed in Landry's presser that he was asked point blank who was making the final call on the pick and Landry said it was his decision. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1