2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 hours ago, AHF said:

How does Sheppard fit?  He can't play with Trae or DJM or Bufkin for any real length of time because any of them with Sheppard is too small of a backcourt just like Trae and DJM.  

Let's look at the most likely scenario where Trae is still here and DJM is traded.

Trae 35 mpg - 13 minutes without Trae

How many minutes are there for Sheppard in this scenario?  How many for Bufkin?  I don't think it is a lot.

Let's assume you can find matchups where playing Trae and one of them isn't a terrible mismatch ala the garbage numbers from Trae / DJM lineups for say 10 minutes per game.

That leaves 23 minutes to be shared by Sheppard and Bufkin at max.

How does that make sense as a rotation in the short-term or long-term?  Sheppard isn't going to get any bigger.  Sheppard is 6'1.75'' with a 6'3.25'' wingspan.

Yep....He only fits if we trade BOTH Trae and Murray.. Which isn't happening..

28 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Because he's an incredible shooter. Sometimes you just take the better player, fit be damned. 

A Reed/Trae backcourt, in my opinion, would be an incredible disadvantage in the post-season due to the extreme lack of size and defense.  I don't think the potential elite shooting will make up for those disadvantages unless the Hawks had Wemby and Chet at the 5 and 4 spots.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Hops? With a 31 in MAX vertical? That's worse than as Edey(31.5).. lol

Zaccharie Risacher’s underwhelming vert numbers (9th percentile Vert Score), bring his overall Combine Score out to 14.9

😂😂😂

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I’m starting to choke on all the Clingan smoke being put out there. I still think the pick will be Sarr 🤷‍♂️

I'm tired of agreeing with all this Sarr to the Hawks thing. Because I'm trying to will it into existence. This team is exhausting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

They got the stink face when I said he is likely to be in Washington. They think that’s a mistake.

If I’m Sarr’a camp I say heck no to DC. @kg01mentioned as well.. think if he goes there he might bust. I mean, stars ⭐️ shine no matter what but DC is a bad start.

18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.  I lot of the criticism you are hearing of Sarr is the same you heard about Ant.  Don't underestimate these guys who at 19 haven't really played more than a season on any one team but still have somehow made it to #1 pick consideration. 

Most of the top picks over the past couple seasons are 19  - and obviously all the college guys only had one season playing college ball, so I don't see that as a differentiator for Sarr.  No doubt every one of them is viewed as a developmental prospect rather than a finished product. 

I wish Sarr or someone else in this draft was a can't miss like Wemby, or even fit a typical #1 pick archetype like Ant or Paolo, but they don't.  

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

wtf 😳.. this dude like Larry Bird you gotta have quick twitch fibers to slide a piece of paper under his feet 🦶 😆 

Damn Spud.  You popping today.  Wtf. I'm crying dude.

IMG_0120.gif

• Haha 1