• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 hours ago, ShayD said:

I still think it will be Sarr/Risacher at number 1 and they will try and trade back depending on where Clingan lands. Have to force Wizards to trade for Sarr if they want him and not just get him for free

If it's Risarcher.........

boo-this-man-hat-throw-meme-original-3yef2rdtzuqxzrth.gif.d125372a4db09f253133f5f60b4dba13.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Same here. He just seems like he'll be an average player. 

Yeah. Clingan will make more impact for us than Risacher I believe the hawks FO knows this. It’s pretty clear.

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

If it's Risarcher.........

boo-this-man-hat-throw-meme-original-3yef2rdtzuqxzrth.gif.d125372a4db09f253133f5f60b4dba13.gif

It will be Risarcher if they 100% know Clingan will be there at 4 and have a deal lined up with the Spurs. I think it will be Sarr if they have a deal lined up with the Wizards. Otherwise they will reluctantly pick Clingan at 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

You guys hang out after wifey went to bed or anything? Asking for a friend named @kg01 :batman: catch me 🥳 

We exchanged info, he was really cool. Wants to stay in touch.

The wife was super cool too, definitely knew her sports. They were my fave interaction down here by far.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sheppard needs to pair with a big guard.  In an ideal world he would either develop playmaking and be a scoring point guard or play like a poor man’s Curry or Irving.  Like those guys he needs a real SG next to him.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Yes.  I lot of the criticism you are hearing of Sarr is the same you heard about Ant.  Don't underestimate these guys who at 19 haven't really played more than a season on any one team but still have somehow made it to #1 pick consideration. 

To be fair, I don’t see Ant level talent, mainly because Ant was a guard with the ball in his hands and he had an Alpha mentality about himself. Not many players have that. Trae has it.

But, I do look at Sarr and get Jalen Johnson parallels, where the raw talent is there. His good pops off the screen. You just know it will take some time to groom. The only thing that will keep him (or a Jalen for that matter) from stardom is going to be mindset. Do you have it in you to take over or will you get out of the way and wait for Trae.

I love Jalen, I think he is the most naturally talented player on this roster. His growth is slow but steady, and everyone can see his potential. Even if he doesn’t get much better than what he is now, he is still damn good. I think Sarr is like that. He’s too talented not to be a good player eventually. Only the intangibles will determine if he can be great one day.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

I’m starting to choke on all the Clingan smoke being put out there. I still think the pick will be Sarr 🤷‍♂️

I think the Clingan smoke is real, I have no doubt we really like him. I just think we would want to take him lower than number 1 overall.

30 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Same here. He just seems like he'll be an average player. 

I like the idea of a 6’10”, 3&D/slashing wing defensive stopper.

But when you start to unpack him more closely, there’s a lot left to be desired. He has the biggest bust potential with not even the highest overall ceiling.

I can’t justify the expense if it were my decision.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm just saying that the knock on Ant was about effort, competitiveness, consistency.  Everyone knew the talent was there but a lot thought he could turn out just to be a chucker who didn't stay focused.  More than one person called Ant immature.  These guys are young.   You're seeing the same things being said about Sarr in terms of motor and consistency.   I'm taking my chances on the guys with the tools unless there are real alarms about their mental makeup which i don't think there are.

*raises hand*

Early on, I was locked on Edwards as the top get in the 2020 class.  I was put off by his interviews and pivoted to LaMelo Ball.  In a hypothetical world...  If the opportunity were there and Ball was not in the 2020 class, I would have reluctantly stuck with Ant Man on talent alone.

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think the Clingan smoke is real, I have no doubt we really like him. I just think we would want to take him lower than number 1 overall.

Yeah they probably fell in love with him before the lottery when we were picking at 10 or if we jumped to 4. No one thought we were getting to 1.

I bet we did a lot of work on him before the lottery and now we actually have a dilemma because of it.

8 minutes ago, Wretch said:

*raises hand*

Early on, I was locked on Edwards as the top get in the 2020 class.  I was put off by his interviews and pivoted to LaMelo Ball.  In a hypothetical world...  If the opportunity were there and Ball was not in the 2020 class, I would have reluctantly stuck with Ant Man on talent alone.

This draft reminds me a lot of that 2020 one. You didn’t have a true consensus at the top. Wiseman or Ball easily could have gone #1. The Warriors were not a real rebuilding team, much like the Hawks, and they picked for need/fit instead of talent. There’s likely a Haliburton in this draft too that’s being overlooked.

I don’t think this draft is as bad as the Anthony Bennett draft like some say. I just think the bulk of talent/value exists in the mid to late lottery. 

• Like 2

So Sarr has the same agent as Luka?

Didn't he put out that Luka didn't want to come here either?? Smh

Edited by terrell

There is so much worry from the fanbase.. 

Each one of these picks has downside and upside. Quit worrying and let it play out. Unfortunately we never know if a player turns into a Greg Oden or a Joel Embiid.. both of those drafts had people worrying as well. 

Happens every year.

History tells us a top 2-3 pick usually pans out in some way.. It's like 85% for the top pick that it works out even if there was debates up until the pick.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1