• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

47 minutes ago, terrell said:

Heard that about OO for years...And he was a 75% FT shooter..

I still don't trust him shooting 3's.. 

What is he like a 30% career 3 pt shooter?

Clingan can make 3 out of 10...lol

You say that about OO, but he was legit from the corners last year.

43% on almost 70 attempts. I’ll take that all day from my Center.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Bulls have floated as many as 15 trade proposals for Zach LaVine, including to Kings, Magic, 76ers

It’s why Zach LaVine’s future isn’t the only trade scenario that has been discussed, even if sources said Karnišovas has floated as many as 15 proposals centered on the two-time All-Star guard to various teams including the Sacramento Kings, Orlando Magic and Philadelphia 76ers.

via NBC Sports Chicago
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Afro said:

You just knocked Yek for shooting and then said Clingan could do the exact same thing even though every shooting metric he has says he is much worse of a shooter than Yek.... 

I said his form looked better IMO..

32 minutes ago, Afro said:

You just knocked Yek for shooting and then said Clingan could do the exact same thing even though every shooting metric he has says he is much worse of a shooter than Yek.... 

And who is Yek?

I've never seen such an avg player with all kinds of nicknames.. lol

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Castle is 6'6", 215 lbs.  He's bigger than Murray.  He's also a much better POA defender than Murray.  

And way worse shooter. We need defense AND shooting beside Trae....Risacher can be that....

1 hour ago, Hawkish said:

When I watch Risacher and Sheppard play, I just think, “basketball player”.  

Yeah they just play good basketball, always very composed.

And probably the best 2 shooters in the lottery...

Edited by terrell

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah they just play good basketball, always very composed.

And probably the best 2 shooters in the lottery...

I have to ignore the fact that Risacher’s body/movement remind me a bit of DerMarr Johnson. This thought caused me to go back to the 2000 draft where Stromile Swift and Darius Miles were taken over Mike Miller.  DerMarr Johnson was taken over Hedo.   I’ll be the first to admit that I was pro-Reddish at #10.  However, combine scores have to be taken in context.  

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Why do we do this to each other 😂😂😂

IMG_5795.gif

It's not "we" that's always doing it.....

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bulls have floated as many as 15 trade proposals for Zach LaVine, including to Kings, Magic, 76ers

It’s why Zach LaVine’s future isn’t the only trade scenario that has been discussed, even if sources said Karnišovas has floated as many as 15 proposals centered on the two-time All-Star guard to various teams including the Sacramento Kings, Orlando Magic and Philadelphia 76ers.

via NBC Sports Chicago

15!

They lookin at Zack like, 'you ain't gotta go home butchu gots ta get the heyul up outta here!' 🤣 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, terrell said:

I said his form looked better IMO..

And who is Yek?

I've never seen such an avg player with all kinds of nicknames.. lol

Again, you keep calling Yek average.... But he's a much better shooter than Clingan and has been at every level. So I really don't understand how you're just saying Clingan will shoot when he's worse than the guys you say are average. 

You're allowed to acknowledge Clingans faults instead of tearing down our own players. 

But back to the point.... So if Clingans "form" is why you think he will shoot, why is his FT% so crappy? 

Edited by Afro
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Again, you keep calling Yek average.... But he's a much better shooter and has been at every level. 

You're allowed to acknowledge Clingans faults instead of tearing down our own players. 

But back to the point.... So if Clingans "form" is why you think he will shoot, why is his FT% so crappy? 

I wasn't Tearing down "Yek" to pump up anybody.....Good grief..😂.

dont-be-so-dramatic-stop-overreacting.gif.679a6f5b8ae6f0aff1b416bebf75bd52.gif

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Afro said:

Bulls eye for my biggest concern with his shooting in the foreseeable future.  How can you not hit free throws and expect us to trust your workout shooting?  Workouts are a completely different animal from games.  Dwight Howard buries jumpers in workouts.  No jumper in a game is easier than a free throw since you can gather yourself, have no time pressure, and no defenders.  If you can't hit those consistently....that is a really bad sign for much more difficult shots.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bulls eye for my biggest concern with his shooting in the foreseeable future.  How can you not hit free throws and expect us to trust your workout shooting?  Workouts are a completely different animal from games.  Dwight Howard buries jumpers in workouts.  No jumper in a game is easier than a free throw since you can gather yourself, have no time pressure, and no defenders.  If you can't hit those consistently....that is a really bad sign for much more difficult shots.

Risacher isn't a great FT shooter either(70%) but he shot 40% from 3...

Not saying Clingan could do that.. Just sayin....😀

He did go from 52% as a freshman to 58% in his sophomore year though.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I think if the FO goes for Clingan, its because they believe in his work ethic and attitude (read: Hawks DNA), which is what leads to player development.  If you invest in a coaching staff and development team, you also need players willing to work and improve— which sounds on the surface like a given, considering its these guys jobs, but certainly is not based on how few guys reach their perceived ceilings.  I might be in the minority, but I will likely be O.K. with whatever we do (barring any major outlier surprises) because I actually do believe in Landry and the front offices overall philosophy on team building in tandem with our development staff and program in College Park.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I think if the FO goes for Clingan, its because they believe in his work ethic and attitude (read: Hawks DNA), which is what leads to player development.  If you invest in a coaching staff and development team, you also need players willing to work and improve— which sounds on the surface like a given, considering its these guys jobs, but certainly is not based on how few guys reach their perceived ceilings.  I might be in the minority, but I will likely be O.K. with whatever we do (barring any major outlier surprises) because I actually do believe in Landry and the front offices overall philosophy on team building in tandem with our development staff and program in College Park.

Well Jeff...the development part I give you. Philosophy...I believe in Quinn.  And I believe in his input on players.  If it were as simple as that I'd blindly back the FO. But as of this meaningless post, they can kiss the grass until they prove competency, willingness to pay (not just talk), and stop themselves from allowing other teams to treat them like a swap meet. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, terrell said:

Risacher isn't a great FT shooter either(70%) but he shot 40% from 3...

Not saying Clingan could do that.. Just sayin....😀

He did go from 52% as a freshman to 58% in his sophomore year though.. lol

Risacher had a 3-month span where he shot 22% from three.  So, he's a good (not great) shooter who is a good (not great) on the ball defender and has below average athleticism.  I value Castle's defense more.  Castle is a great POA defender.  He can guard 1-3 as well.  I think Risacher will not really be a POA defender and is probably limited to 2-3.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Risacher had a 3-month span where he shot 22% from three.  So, he's a good (not great) shooter who is a good (not great) on the ball defender and has below average athleticism.  I value Castle's defense more.  Castle is a great POA defender.  He can guard 1-3 as well.  I think Risacher will not really be a POA defender and is probably limited to 2-3.  

How high would you draft Castle, KB?