• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Spurs are one of the teams. can't say who the other team is.

Ya know .. I was gonna call b.s. on this but ..

.. it'd be pretty on-brand that the organization would be upset about draft workout schedules getting out but a-ok with rumors about the franchise cornerstone gettin shopp'd. 

🫤

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

.. it'd be pretty on-brand that the organization would be upset about draft workout schedules getting out but a-ok with rumors about the franchise cornerstone gettin shopp'd. 

🫤

Don't worry. If it's mentioned in this thread, there's a 95% chance it won't happen.  The people pushing the info to the insiders are serving a purpose.  Especially this time of the year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's my question though...Trae is all about wanting to win now. How quickly is SAS going to pivot to make that a reality particularly when they prefer to take a 'not skipping steps approach?'  

How patient will Trae be as they develop Wemby their way.

No idea, just mentioning its the only trade I see that could make sense for both teams and Trae himself, who would obviously have a big say in where he goes.  Trae has repeatedly said he doesnt need to be the best player on his team, and his camp leaked theyd be open to a trade to the Spurs back in January.  So Im assuming hed be fine with it despite the points youve brought up.  Feels pretty plausible.

46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Spurs are one of the teams. can't say who the other team is.

Only other team I can think of that has close to the assets that are close to competing with a hole at PG would be the Pelicans 

Edited by ShayD
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

🫤

Kinda makes sense though, they’d need to know fan sentiment around trading the franchise player, and if they are trading him, slow leaking rumors to prepare the fan base.  I don’t get the privacy around draft workouts though.

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

No idea, just mentioning its the only trade I see that could make sense for both teams and Trae himself, who would obviously have a big say in where he goes.  Trae has repeatedly said he doesnt need to be the best player on his team, and his camp leaked theyd be open to a trade to the Spurs back in January.  So Im assuming hed be fine with it despite the points youve brought up.  Feels pretty plausible.

who on his team leaked that?

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Kinda makes sense though, they’d need to know fan sentiment around trading the franchise player, and if they are trading him, slow leaking rumors to prepare the fan base.  I don’t get the privacy around draft workouts though.

They don't need to do that tho.  If so, they're not good at their jobs.  Well, now that I say it out loud .... 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Great Landry hiring his Bay Area nerd 🤓 buddies.

BalcoBuddies?

:stirthepot:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

and his camp leaked theyd be open to a trade to the Spurs back in January.

Mmmmm.....I don't remember this? Can you provide link?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

They don't need to do that tho.  If so, they're not good at their jobs.  Well, now that I say it out loud .... 

BalcoBuddies?

:stirthepot:

Homeboy trying to instill a west coast offense on us. :eyebrow:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

who on his team leaked that?

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Mmmmm.....I don't remember this? Can you provide link?

It was back in like January, pretty sure it was posted here.  It was something like “Trae would be open to pairing up with Victor Wembenyama, if traded”.  Nothing too crazy