• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

16 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Agreed. I think post draft it should be retired. New one started.

Then it should be audited and every really bad take (mine included) should be hung up like dirty laundry for everyone to look at.

And really good takes, like mostly mine, should be run up a flagpole for all to marvel at their betters. 

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’m quite tired of seeing Clint add no diversity or dynamism to the offense outside of screening and offensive boarding.

Finally we're on the same page, hb.  

Eta. Just realizing I shld be calling you hillbenny, not hillbilly.  Duh 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Or it means we don't even know what TF we're doing.  Based on history, which option fits us best?

Ressler's, Quin, Landry. It's a lot of cooks in the kitchen. Hopefully they come to a consensus. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Like @AHF tho I have to question his length.  Ideally you want guards who can defend 1 & 2 (see Boston) outside of a few tough matchups.  

What’s the scouting report on Reed’s finishing ability?

Despite his outstanding metrics and college career I’m out on Clingan.  A defensive paint savant is cool but on a balanced team you want a much more polished dribble/pass/shoot game from your starting C (see Celtics again).  I’m quite tired of seeing Clint add no diversity or dynamism to the offense outside of screening and offensive boarding.

:good:

hace 14 minutos, JayBirdHawk dijo:

Which trade would you prefer?

Rockets:

DJ, AJ, CC for #3, Cam Whitmore, Jalen Green, Steven Adams

Spurs

DJ for #4, Keldon Johnson, 2025 Hawks pick back.

Add remove players as needed for salary matching or other options.

Of course the trade with Rockets, but I don’t think they do it. 

• Thanks 1

Theres another scenario that might be at play.  You are the NBA.  Ratings were good for the San Antonio Spurs dynasty.  It would look fishy to give the Spurs the number 1 pick in back to back years.  You need a team that is not really trying to build because they are attempting to stay under the luxury tax.  You need a team that is not really trying to build because they are keeping overhead low to appease investors.  You need a team that is really not trying to build and is instead concentrating on the marketing of their team.  You need a team that doesn't value paying the number 1 pick of the draft eventually.  You need a PATSY.  You need:

untitled-71.gif

Its perfect.  Nobody would know.  The perfect foil.  Its expected for the Hawks to be this ignorant.  The Spurs get whatever and whoever they want in the draft or even Trae Young.  Young's camp knows this which is why the mysterious tweets from Trae.  He knows the Hawks are not really trying to win.  Its making perfect sense now.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952oa0edl846lq2hyumbn0

tumblr_muoel25YAu1r5lqijo1_500.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which trade would you prefer?

Rockets:

DJ, AJ, CC for #3, Cam Whitmore, Jalen Green, Steven Adams

Spurs

DJ for #4, Keldon Johnson, 2025 Hawks pick back.

Add remove players as needed for salary matching or other options.

Rockets. 

Take Clingan and Reed.

Trae / Kobi / Reed

Green / Bogi / Reed

Hunter / Whitmore / Vit

JJ / OO / Mo

OO / Adams / Clingan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eggsactly, which is why I'm dubious on the prospect of them being on top of this process.

Know how they show a camera on the picking team during draft coverage?  Well, I'm expecting to see the Resslers draft board on one side, Landry 's on another, and a couple dudes wrasslin over the phone to give the league our pick as the seconds run off the clock.

You would have gotten a laugh emoji, if this wasn't so true.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Rockets. 

Take Clingan and Reed.

Trae / Kobi / Reed

Green / Bogi / Reed

Hunter / Whitmore / Vit

JJ / OO / Mo

OO / Adams / Clingan

Wheres my meth(Bogi)?  He's the key.

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

You would have gotten a laugh emoji, if this wasn't so true.

Our braintrust is a mess.  That's obvious.  I'm not saying they're dumb or anything, individually, but it's so clear there are multiple agendas at play. 

It's possible things will come together so I remain hopeful.  But I feel my intuition ain't lying to me w.r.t. that group. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Agreed. I think post draft it should be retired. New one started.

This is the plan.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eggsactly, which is why I'm dubious on the prospect of them being on top of this process.

Know how they show a camera on the picking team during draft coverage?  Well, I'm expecting to see the Resslers draft board on one side, Landry 's on another, and a couple dudes wrasslin over the phone to give the league our pick as the seconds run off the clock.

So vivid.  So possible 😆

With Grant Hill in the background on the phone about a real estate venture.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

So vivid.  So possible 😆

With Grant Hill in the background on the phone about a real estate venture.

"Do I work with these guys?  Oh heyul naw.  I don't even know these clowns." - Grant on the phone 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm just waiting for the asteroid and the tsunami to hit on Wednesday.  No sense in even trying to run away or worry about it.  

I'm just going to accept out fate.

Deep Impact (8/10) Movie CLIP - The Comet Hits Earth (1998 ...

Matter of fact, take out all of New York City and the entire draft, while you're at it.

my new plaid pants: City en Scène #5

T-Minus 80 hours and counting  . . . . 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm just waiting for the asteroid and the tsunami to hit on Wednesday.  No sense in even trying to run away or worry about it.  

I'm just going to accept out fate.

Matter of fact, take out all of New York City and the entire draft, while you're at it.

my new plaid pants: City en Scène #5

T-Minus 80 hours and counting  . . . . 

.... hold me, 'cyde.. 😥

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Theres another scenario that might be at play.  You are the NBA.  Ratings were good for the San Antonio Spurs dynasty.  It would look fishy to give the Spurs the number 1 pick in back to back years.  You need a team that is not really trying to build because they are attempting to stay under the luxury tax.  You need a team that is not really trying to build because they are keeping overhead low to appease investors.  You need a team that is really not trying to build and is instead concentrating on the marketing of their team.  You need a team that doesn't value paying the number 1 pick of the draft eventually.  You need a PATSY. 

Its perfect.  Nobody would know.  The perfect foil.  Its expected for the Hawks to be this ignorant.  The Spurs get whatever and whoever they want in the draft or even Trae Young.  Young's camp knows this which is why the mysterious tweets from Trae.  He knows the Hawks are not really trying to win.  Its making perfect sense now.

Meanwhile the Spurs can have their new revised version of French Connection St-Eiffel Twin Towers 🙄.  :blanky:

Screenshot_20240623_113629_Samsung Internet.jpg

One thing I do know, is we have no idea who the Spurs are taking if they move up to #1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1