• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

20 minutes ago, Afro said:

@thecampster@thecampster it won't let me delete this tag 🙁

So it's Sunday evening and the only thing we've got is that Sarr "might" be back in play at 1. 

@thecampster confirmed Sarr at 1. Everyone can go to bed now. 

My excitement for this draft has honetly turned into terror. I'm just going to sit back and just watch. Hoepfully they won't disappointment me in the draft. If they do, I hope the other moves, which to me are more important, will make up for it.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Someone trading up in this draft just doesn’t feel likely to me so that report makes sense.  Im guessing we’ll just take someone at 1… at least we will end up with a better player than if we were picking 10th.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Someone trading up in this draft just doesn’t feel likely to me so that report makes sense.  Im guessing we’ll just take someone at 1… at least we will end up with a better player than if we were picking 10th.  

Hopefully.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"What're the Hawks complaining about?  They got a whole Gabe Vincent back in the deal?" - eggsperts 

Yeah I'm totally checked out.  Waiting for trade season.  Draft is icing for me.

Hawks should be blessed to be able to give their sacrifices to the powerful lakers. We will serve our great overlords in Los Angeles to serve the greater purpose of survival. They need teams to beat and we will be there for them while handing them our best resources in exchange for their unwanted rejects.

it is written in the book of Adam 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Here's why I think we draft at #1....Hawks are having a draft party at Phillips...I don't think it will go over well if they trade it on draft night.

Now....can it be traded on Day 2 of the draft? Maybe, but who knows.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Where as i much prefer Sarr as my main player in this draft for us.  I think even i would prefer a trade down if we could somehow do a #1 for 4 and our 25 1st back  from the spurs or   8 + our 25 1st and 27 1st.    If we could still pick in the top 10 and get those picks back im pulling that trigger all day long.   I can live with  Knecht, Buzelis, Edey, Castle, etc...  + our future back over Sarr.     or Clingan, Reed, Risa + our 25th back in a stacked draft. 

Edited by Threezus

52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's why I think we draft at #1....Hawks are having a draft party at Phillips...I don't think it will go over well if they trade it on draft night.

Now....can it be traded on Day 2 of the draft? Maybe, but who knows.

I would hope Landry and co make their decision irrespective of the draft party

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

While I am being told Sarr is a lock to Washington, if he falls to 4 and Atlanta trades back, they will take him is what I've been told for Sarr fans. 

Hawks haven't made a decision at 1 yet if they stay. Still Risacher or Clingan. He said that Atlanta hasn't leaned one way yet. 

The Hawks have seriously scouted Reed Sheppard and he's a legit candidate if Atlanta trades down to 4. 

Hawks have made offers for Paul George and Jimmy Butler 

As I said in my podcast with Coach Von which has been getting massive numbers on X, the Hawks are looking to trade Hunter moreso as they have wing targets that are much cheaper than Hunter and they are targeting a star wing for trade to play with Trae, JJ, Bogi, and their 1st overall pick. Atlanta has been targeting centers as well for trade which says it's not a lock Clingan will be their pick at 1. They are looking in different directions just in case things fall differently. 

Atlanta wants to keep 1 is what he stated but San Antonio is making a strong charge to get the #1 overall pick. 

PG and Jimmy sound like solid targets.  What do you think a trade would look like?  Could Hunter be the main piece in a trade like that?  

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

While I am being told Sarr is a lock to Washington, if he falls to 4 and Atlanta trades back, they will take him is what I've been told for Sarr fans. 

Hawks haven't made a decision at 1 yet if they stay. Still Risacher or Clingan. He said that Atlanta hasn't leaned one way yet. 

The Hawks have seriously scouted Reed Sheppard and he's a legit candidate if Atlanta trades down to 4. 

Hawks have made offers for Paul George and Jimmy Butler 

As I said in my podcast with Coach Von which has been getting massive numbers on X, the Hawks are looking to trade Hunter moreso as they have wing targets that are much cheaper than Hunter and they are targeting a star wing for trade to play with Trae, JJ, Bogi, and their 1st overall pick. Atlanta has been targeting centers as well for trade which says it's not a lock Clingan will be their pick at 1. They are looking in different directions just in case things fall differently. 

Atlanta wants to keep 1 is what he stated but San Antonio is making a strong charge to get the #1 overall pick. 

So Atlanta has Rissacher and Clingan ranked above Sarr as pure prospects?

Interesting that the wording on this has been Sarr is a lock to Washington as though Atlanta might not take him. 

58 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

So Atlanta has Rissacher and Clingan ranked above Sarr as pure prospects?

I am not sure. I just know those are their likely choices at 1. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I would hope Landry and co make their decision irrespective of the draft party

Have to agree with Jay... the mastermind has admitted to making decisions at times based on what he believes will go over better or worse... not seeing any reason to believe we're dealing with a changed man.

It's about selling hope, of course.

Don't make it harder to sell than it has to be... same thing said the other way, make it easy for your customers to buy in.