• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

While I am being told Sarr is a lock to Washington, if he falls to 4 and Atlanta trades back, they will take him is what I've been told for Sarr fans. 

Hawks haven't made a decision at 1 yet if they stay. Still Risacher or Clingan. He said that Atlanta hasn't leaned one way yet. 

The Hawks have seriously scouted Reed Sheppard and he's a legit candidate if Atlanta trades down to 4. 

Hawks have made offers for Paul George and Jimmy Butler 

As I said in my podcast with Coach Von which has been getting massive numbers on X, the Hawks are looking to trade Hunter moreso as they have wing targets that are much cheaper than Hunter and they are targeting a star wing for trade to play with Trae, JJ, Bogi, and their 1st overall pick. Atlanta has been targeting centers as well for trade which says it's not a lock Clingan will be their pick at 1. They are looking in different directions just in case things fall differently. 

Atlanta wants to keep 1 is what he stated but San Antonio is making a strong charge to get the #1 overall pick. 

I don’t know why but a PG and Butler pursuit just doesn’t intrigue me.

now the part about centers do…especially but I’m also shocked at what centers are truly on the market. The center position is more valuable in this era than any other time in this era.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

now the part about centers do…especially but I’m also shocked at what centers are truly on the market. The center position is more valuable in this era than any other time in this era.

Im intrigued by this because we have (2) quality centers on the roster already. Why would we be so interested in the position unless we are staring at a future without them.

39 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Im intrigued by this because we have (2) quality centers on the roster already. Why would we be so interested in the position unless we are staring at a future without them.

There to small..cc can't spread the floor

Edited by ABH
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Don’t get me wrong it would be great to get one of Paul George or Butler but it doesn’t sound like we’d win that trade in either scenario.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I stated a few days ago that Ingram is the only player I would be interested in on the Hawks outside of Kyrie Irving.  I would prefer he is teamed up with Sarr though.  In fact, in my scenario the Hawks trade both Young and Murray with one of them going to the Pelicans and the other going to another team for picks. Its a full reset move:

pg Boykin

sg Bogi

sf Ingram

pf Johnson

c Sarr

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

The center position is getting taller in the NBA and in some cases more agile. Its not necessarily getting heavier, but definitely we are reverting away from small ball centers. This makes CC/OO's impact less defensively. Many players can just shoot over them.

Cue kb21 to jump down your throat about 'only' wanting seven-footers.  Totally missing the nuance of what you said.

PF-sized centers have muted impact due to lack of size.  Most of us have been saying that for months.

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

This is like the 4th way he's said the same thing in the last month.  Absolutely no actionable intel coming out of the Hawks camp.

Not sure I can forgive your failure to drop a good 'Shirley you can't be serious' in there.

I mean, the dude's name is Shirley.  It was right there for you.  Have I taught you nothing comedically? 

I can't work in these conditions!

... (walks off in a huff)

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

But if you trade them away for "picks", the team they go to gets instantly better.  Their win total goes up and their picks for the foreseeable future will most probably be in the 20's.  So is Murray worth 3 picks at 22?, is Trae?

In this scenario, no team has the money to absorb Trae's $40 mil into their cap so his would be who you'd send to the Pels for Ingram. This sends Murray somewhere like SA who can absorb most of his salary.  You might get your own picks back which would be good because you'll be picking in the lottery but in this scenario, you are a solid 15 win team max for 3 years.

Can you do that?  Can you stomach 3 years of 15 wins per year? Asking for a bunch of friends on a message board.

15 wins? I'll take the over on that bet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

But if you trade them away for "picks", the team they go to gets instantly better.  Their win total goes up and their picks for the foreseeable future will most probably be in the 20's.  So is Murray worth 3 picks at 22?, is Trae?

In this scenario, no team has the money to absorb Trae's $40 mil into their cap so his would be who you'd send to the Pels for Ingram. This sends Murray somewhere like SA who can absorb most of his salary.  You might get your own picks back which would be good because you'll be picking in the lottery but in this scenario, you are a solid 15 win team max for 3 years.

Can you do that?  Can you stomach 3 years of 15 wins per year? Asking for a bunch of friends on a message board.

You are making good points but I believe you are undervaluing a team with Johnson, Ingram and Sarr in the frontcourt. My scenario is a extreme scenario regardless based on the Hawks saving money because I know they would prefer to pay just Ingram.  Most likely the Hawks would move only Trae if the rumors are true that Quin wasn't on board with trading Murray last season. The Pelicans are the obvious move either way.  Trae to the Lakers ain't happening.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Exactly.  15 wins was a random statement based on not liking the idea that was proposed.  My idea gives the Hawks further options with a solid core to build on.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JTB said:

I don’t know why but a PG and Butler pursuit just doesn’t intrigue me.

VERSATILE centers are important at this point in the NBA regardless of whether they are 7 foot or not.  The Celtics just proved it.  You want bigs that can play the entire floor on defense. Clingan isn't doing that and Risacher or however you spell his name isn't playing defense.  The wild part about this whole off season is the fact that THE PLAYER the Hawks need to check that box is the player they can go get.  Outside of this forum everywhere I go folks are wondering what the heck is wrong with the Hawks for even considering Clingan or the other guy.  Its why folks outside of Atlanta don't respect the Hawks.

Edited by Hawkmoor

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Don't key in on the 15, focus on the premise that it'd be a bad team.  We'd also probably need to find another coach too which means we're starting completely over.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Truth be told. Atlanta hasn't leaked any actual information. Everything leading up to the draft has been meant to muddy the waters by the media. Whether the Atlanta FO has stoked that or not, who knows.

As for the pick... we really won't know who they pick.

But my final big board is:

1. Reed Sheppard  (Most talent, Devin Booker like potential... take it if it's there no matter what your team needs and structure is)

2. Sarr (JJJ potential)

3. Clingan (Bogut potential)

4. Risacher (Franz Wagner potential)

5. Castle (Derrick White potential)

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

The insiders have provided us with enough info to vomit if true.  Because Quinn is an outlier, I'll give his vision time, but I'm not inspired by the draft, so I gotta focus on the competency or lack thereof of the FO. I hope I'm wrong but I'm prepared. 

IMG_5943.gif

Edited by deester11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not sure I can forgive your failure to drop a good 'Shirley you can't be serious' in there.

I mean, the dude's name is Shirley.  It was right there for you.  Have I taught you nothing comedically? 

I can't work in these conditions!

... (walks off in a huff)

In defense of @thecampster, I think he was referencing the source Shirley linked.  

• Haha 2