• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

25 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

15 wins? I'll take the over on that bet.

20 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Exactly.  15 wins was a random statement based on not liking the idea that was proposed.  My idea gives the Hawks further options with a solid core to build on.

15 wins was based on this.

1) No longer having a true NBA point guard on the team (a pre-requisite for Sarr/Ingram to be truly effective).

2) Losing 50 ppg scoring out of 2 players.
3) Losing 16 apg out of 2 players.
4) Replacing those players with either low priced talent (out Trae/DJM, In Ingram you are still over the cap and can't sign much other than min guys) or with rookies.
5) The impending contract explosion of JJ and needing to resign Ingram, further limiting your cap options.
6) If Sarr is starting, you still need to dump either CC or OO.  CC will be extremely ineffective without a true point guard and will need to go. You are now extremely injury dependent.
7) You have displaced DH in the starting lineup. Your improvement with ingram is in comparison to DH which is maybe a few win improvement but nothing compared to the loss in wins from Trae and DJM.
8 ) With Trae/DJM you've won an average of 38.5 games per season the last 2 years. I think its safe to say that without them, you lose at least 20 more games.  DJM won us 4 games by himself when Trae was out end of season.  20 less games gets us to 18.5 wins. 15 is no stretch.

9) without the 2 guards, we will have to switch from a pick n roll based offense to whatever fits the replacement guards.  Given much less penetration, that means less open 3 point opportunities for BB, Matthews, Vit, DH, etc.

It wasn't random. Nothing I do is random. I just assume nobody wants to truly see inside my head 24x7.

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Cue kb21 to jump down your throat about 'only' wanting seven-footers.  Totally missing the nuance of what you said.

PF-sized centers have muted impact due to lack of size.  Most of us have been saying that for months.

Not sure I can forgive your failure to drop a good 'Shirley you can't be serious' in there.

I mean, the dude's name is Shirley.  It was right there for you.  Have I taught you nothing comedically? 

I can't work in these conditions!

... (walks off in a huff)

It was too easy. I just couldn't pull the trigger (and I've used it before).

• Like 3

Former Hawks exec poised to get last laugh after surprise exit

image.thumb.png.7e583fac3e9be1939ba2c7e8682ec03f.png

The Wizards hired Schlenk – the architect of the Hawks’ 2021 Eastern Conference Finals squad –  to be their Senior Vice President of Player Personnel in June 2023.

Details behind Schlenk’s exit have revealed the trade to acquire Dejounte Murray played a role.

To what extent remains unclear. But Schlenk can take solace in knowing the Hawks have regressed since his departure. The Wizards have been worse, but Sarr could represent a turning point for both organizations.

Edited by Hawkmoor

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I hope he realizes that a big part of the regression is that he signed young players to contract extensions well before he should have, and the money he gave them significantly diminished their trade value.

Ok, I think Schlenk got snaked by the Resslers.

However, as you suggest, he also participated in his own demise.  So neither he nor anyone else needs to be taking the stance that the Hawks magically got worse "because" Schlenk is gone.

Ol' boy left rot in the foundation.  Can't do that then act all brand new when the house starts to lean. 

• Like 1

What Im realizing is that DJM needs to get his social game up. Especially for those who want him to be the one they build around. 

Trae posts and its all over the sports talk shows. DJM posts and not even Hawks fans pay attention.

Good luck to your bottom line Messy Ressy lol

Edited by Afro

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I hope he realizes that a big part of the regression is that he signed young players to contract extensions well before he should have, and the money he gave them significantly diminished their trade value.

He realizes he is getting Alexandre Sarr...

Edited by Hawkmoor

18 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Former Hawks exec poised to get last laugh after surprise exit

image.thumb.png.7e583fac3e9be1939ba2c7e8682ec03f.png

The Wizards hired Schlenk – the architect of the Hawks’ 2021 Eastern Conference Finals squad –  to be their Senior Vice President of Player Personnel in June 2023.

Details behind Schlenk’s exit have revealed the trade to acquire Dejounte Murray played a role.

To what extent remains unclear. But Schlenk can take solace in knowing the Hawks have regressed since his departure. The Wizards have been worse, but Sarr could represent a turning point for both organizations.

I'm expected to believe an entire narrative created by Sam Amick and aggregated by Soaring Down South

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

There is this weird feeling on the board that any time I respond to a post I have some sinister, condescending look on my face. I really don't have that much personality.....

Just wanted to say I absolutely have a condescending, sinister look on my face when I post.

I dont see basketball as purely math due to the intangibles that come into play.  I hear you but think ignoring the non-math stuff can lead to flawed vision.  JMHO, not arguing.

Im still fine with Sarr but I probably view 'what he could be' differently than most.

1 minute ago, Afro said:

I was not expecting to find out campster is an AI bot today. 

I didn't have that on my bingo card either but it kinda makes sense..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Just wanted to say I absolutely have a condescending, sinister look on my face when I post.

:laugh1: We know..

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dont see basketball as purely math

That’s for folks that don’t know how to play the game but comment from the sidelines. 🤓 

• Haha 4

We get it, Givony has no clue. Neither does the rest of the media. They are creating conclusions based on thin air.

Their job is to create content for their employers. If there is no actual source of information, they generate using chatgpt. lol

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1