• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He didn't test all that well athletically either. Of course neither did Kevin Durant. 

I think the only issue with Kevin was his bench press if I remember correctly.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

But if you trade them away for "picks", the team they go to gets instantly better.  Their win total goes up and their picks for the foreseeable future will most probably be in the 20's.  So is Murray worth 3 picks at 22?, is Trae?

In this scenario, no team has the money to absorb Trae's $40 mil into their cap so his would be who you'd send to the Pels for Ingram. This sends Murray somewhere like SA who can absorb most of his salary.  You might get your own picks back which would be good because you'll be picking in the lottery but in this scenario, you are a solid 15 win team max for 3 years.

Can you do that?  Can you stomach 3 years of 15 wins per year? Asking for a bunch of friends on a message board.

any season that doesn't reult in a chip is a losing season

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Bud Tree will never die!

I look for Mitchell to ask out now .. after signing of course.  Gotta secure the bagg first, amirite? 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Sarr maintained his standing as a potential top pick over the course of the season but never replicated his brilliant performances against the Ignite in Australia’s NBL. The Ignite team went on to lose 30 of their 32 games in the G-League season, which only makes me wonder if what we saw last fall were two outlier games against an overmatched young team.

NEVER REPLICATED his performance vs the worst team in the G-League.  Yet people post those highlight clips from one game like it's the complete truth of who Sarr is on offense.  Ignore his body of work and believe in one game.  Even in that game he's not really showing an array of offensive moves.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I think the only issue with Kevin was his bench press if I remember correctly.

Bench press, short arms easier, long arms harder (you learn this in the army with the pushup test).  So length = inverse to bulk strength.

• Like 2

I think I see the vision:

Let Washington at #2 think for the past month they are getting the consensus top player in the draft. Let them fall in love with him…want him. Need him.

And then a couple days before the draft pull the rug out from under them.

They can either call your bluff or pay up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

NEVER REPLICATED his performance vs the worst team in the G-League.  Yet people post those highlight clips from one game like it's the complete truth of who Sarr is on offense.  Ignore his body of work and believe in one game.  Even in that game he's not really showing an array of offensive moves.  

His time in the NBL was a different situation. He was on a professional team with vets, and the team was not designed to play through him. Which is understandable considering he was 18 years old and not a dominant talent. He still made some impact on games, but I think his time in the NBL highlights more than anything that he still needs to work on the fundamentals of being a center as far as setting screens, boxing out, scoring in the post, along with other skills less talented big men have already developed. In a free flowing game, Sarr's athleticism shines much easier. In the NBA, he'll have time to develop the skills he's deficient in. It may mean he's not a winning player from the jump, but that's a concession you need to be willing to make given Sarr's upside.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Let Washington at #2 think for the past month they are getting the consensus top player in the draft. Let them fall in love with him…want him. Need him.

Or just take him and make them pay. See what they do.

20 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

You are making this up you know. Again, because you don't believe him doesn't mean you have to be so condescending towards those of us that like the potential we see. 

We are not idiots or fanboys or whatever you are implying here.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

His time in the NBL was a different situation. He was on a professional team with vets, and the team was not designed to play through him. Which is understandable considering he was 18 years old and not a dominant talent. He still made some impact on games, but I think his time in the NBL highlights more than anything that he still needs to work on the fundamentals of being a center as far as setting screens, boxing out, scoring in the post, along with other skills less talented big men have already developed. In a free flowing game, Sarr's athleticism shines much easier. In the NBA, he'll have time to develop the skills he's deficient in. It may mean he's not a winning player from the jump, but that's a concession you need to be willing to make given Sarr's upside.

His NBL situation is the same situation he would be walking into here if we're keeping Trae, JJ, and flipping DJ and Cap for winning pieces. It's probably why he doesn't want to play here. There's a role for him to play and develop, not throw up shots on a trash team like Washington. 

21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

His lane agility time and 3/4 sprint were terrible. 

This isn't about Durant. Just comping the players together for discussions sake.

KD(or this theoretical player) has a 7'5" wingspan which would theoretically make up for those athletic problems more than Rischacher's 6'10 wingspan. Granted, Rischachers wingspan is still big but its neutral to his height, unlike the +6 inches for KD

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

What would we want from Washington though ?

• Like 1