• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am not sure. I just know those are their likely choices at 1. 

If this is the case just take Clingan and get it over with. If Washington REALLY wants Sarr and we don’t (or worse we get bluffed) we could theoretically end up with a worse player who doesn’t want to be here. 

That said Atlanta keeps saying they want to win now and Washington knows that. If that is the case only one of these guys is ready to play, tomorrow and it’s Clingan. Unless they are so desperate that they make a bad move (plausible) Just take him and get it over with. 

Edited by JustSomeGuy

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Thanks for taking the L and reading it.  If the article doesn't say it, (a) what does it say and (b) why are people posting the twit and acting like that's what the 'story' is? 

Luckily the Hawks stuff is only like a few paragraphs worth lol. 

But its just the exact same stuff as usual. "Hawks will trade one of Trae or DJM." "JJ is untouchable" "Hawks might trade down from #1. Would love to get a pick back from the Spurs". Absolutely nothing about "TRADE EM ALL!"

It's the same article that everyone, like Shirley, have been screenshotting this morning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dont know what people think they're seeing sometimes.

Familiarity absolutely has bred contempt here.

Do people not remember what it was like when Kenny (the snake) Norman was our best player?  Do they wanna go back to that? 

He's no match for the GOAT Dermarr Johnson 

Edited by HawksNWaffles
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

As it should be!

the young era needs to end!

Dean the news 🗞️ dropper! I forgot are you Hawks or hillybilly SHEat fan? It’s ok if you party if south beach 🏝️ I just wanna know where and when that’s all. :jesus:

• Haha 2

From what I'm gathering from reading the various articles about this situation:  Sarr wants to go to Washington because he feels he can get more minutes.  Quin has no problem with that because he likes Clingan.  Risacher is the wildcard that Quin also likes.  The Sarr situation is what is most likely giving the Hawks front office turmoil about what to do because they could (and should) still draft him and reset their roster (trading Hunter, OO, Capela) and make the point moot about Sarr's minutes.  This is where the trade talks come in.  This is most likely why this situation appears to be in flux.  The Hawks might not know (and rightfully so) what move to make up until draft day OR while on the clock).   They should not let Sarr dictate to them BUT they do have to find minutes for him if they draft him or outright start him over Capela.

The situation with Trae and Murray FURTHER complicates their decision with the draft. I wouldn't want to have to make these decisions.  In fairness to the Hawks ownership and front office, this is a doozy.  I feel its the most important decisions the Hawks have had to make since moving to Atlanta.  I really do.  Getting Dominique Wilkins was easy.  The Trae/Luka thing was huge but doesn't come nowhere near the overall ramifications that will come out of this draft decision.

yikes-kenan.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, warcore said:

you gotta stop saying this

Temporary move.  I know Boykin is not ready to run the ship.  If the Hawks get what they want with a potential pick haul, they could go after another point guard later.

Edited by Hawkmoor

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I dont know what people think they're seeing sometimes.

Familiarity absolutely has bred contempt here.

Do people not remember what it was like when Kenny (the snake) Norman was our best player?  Do they wanna go back to that? 

Man.....Atlanta fans are so uniquely toxic. Yeah, all fans love to turn on players, but few else do it as quickly and mindless as we do. 

And its always against all logic. It's always just "f*** the context. We don't like them". 

Julio Jones might be the only guy I know that managed to stay beloved his whole career(well until he f***ed it up, but thats different lol)

Edited by Afro
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

We’re doing that with Trae rn anyway!

No, we aren't.  There is no pathway to winning anytime soon without Trae Young.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No, we aren't.  There is no pathway to winning anytime soon without Trae Young.  

Well, without Trae there is but you aren't open to it.  That said, our options are limited.

• Like 1

Just now, thecampster said:

Well, without Trae there is but you aren't open to it.  That said, our options are limited.

Going back to a 1980s style of offense and having a limited defense isn't a pathway to winning.