• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

6 minutes ago, Afro said:

Man.....Atlanta fans are so uniquely toxic. Yeah, all fans love to turn on players, but few else do it as quickly and mindless as we do. 

And its always against all logic. It's always just "f*** the context. We don't like them". 

Julio Jones might be the only guy I know that managed to stay beloved his whole career(well until he f***ed it up, but thats different lol)

Thats not true.  Falcon fans on other boards turned on Julio when he wanted to hold out.  Dude never did anything to deserve how he was talked about.

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

From what I'm gathering from reading the various articles about this situation:  Sarr wants to go to Washington because he feels he can get more minutes.  Quin has no problem with that because he likes Clingan.  Risacher is the wildcard that Quin also likes.  The Sarr situation is what is most likely giving the Hawks front office turmoil about what to do because they could (and should) still draft him and reset their roster (trading Hunter, OO, Capela) and make the point moot about Sarr's minutes.  This is where the trade talks come in.  This is most likely why this situation appears to be in flux.  The Hawks might not know (and rightfully so) what move to make up until draft day OR while on the clock).   They should not let Sarr dictate to them BUT they do have to find minutes for him if they draft him or outright start him over Capela.

The situation with Trae and Murray FURTHER complicates their decision with the draft. I wouldn't want to have to make these decisions.  In fairness to the Hawks ownership and front office, this is a doozy.  I feel its the most important decisions the Hawks have had to make since moving to Atlanta.  I really do.  Getting Dominique Wilkins was easy.  The Trae/Luka thing was huge but doesn't come nowhere near the overall ramifications that will come out of this draft decision.

yikes-kenan.gif

I fully get what you're saying, and maybe I'm just a little too relaxed, but idk. Is the last paragraph really *that* hard? 

You have core pieces. You have assets. Just build a competitive roster. It's really not that big of a deal lol. 

I think what I'm saying is what a lot of us have been arguing. If this team is trying to build a title contender THIS year, they're most likely going to fail at that. But reworking the roster to be competitive shouldn't be that hard if they just calm down and take a breath lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Going back to a 1980s style of offense and having a limited defense isn't a pathway to winning.

and that's why you get put in timeout.  Nobody is saying we become the 1987 Knicks.  Well, some might be but I think you're smart enough to know that is not what I'm advocating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Thats not true.  Falcon fans on other boards turned on Julio when he wanted to hold out.  Dude never did anything to deserve how he was talked about.

Oh yeah.....that's true. That was also the last time I listened to any kind of Atlanta sports radio. You're right. They did kill him after that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

and that's why you get put in timeout.  Nobody is saying we become the 1987 Knicks.  Well, some might be but I think you're smart enough to know that is not what I'm advocating.

I know exactly what you are hinting at.  You are clearly hinting at moving away from any modern style of scheme to fit a certain big that can't play in any modern scheme.  

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ve added some pre summer weight don’t call me out on it. I’ll take care of it shortly! 🫡 

Nothin' wrong with being a lil' fluffy.  Just blame it on covid like everybody else did. 

3 minutes ago, HawksNWaffles said:

He's no match for the GOAT Dermarr Johnson 

Man I liked Demarrr... 😔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

I fully get what you're saying, and maybe I'm just a little too relaxed, but idk. Is the last paragraph really *that* hard? 

You have core pieces. You have assets. Just build a competitive roster. It's really not that big of a deal lol. 

I think what I'm saying is what a lot of us have been arguing. If this team is trying to build a title contender THIS year, they're most likely going to fail at that. But reworking the roster to be competitive shouldn't be that hard if they just calm down and take a breath lol. 

I agree with you. I'm just stating that the Hawks are most likely gonna get a lot of criticism no matter which way they go because folks are tied to what they want to happen and the decisions are huge. Trae fans don't want him gone. They are holding on to the belief that he is part of a championship team.  Others feel a hard or soft reset is the best route.  Either way they are gonna get flack from the press.  I believe a hard reset or soft reset is the way to go while attempting to bring in Ingram with Sarr.

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Another feeble attempt to lock up my processor...but the coding is solid.

Only A.I. would use this word combination..

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It isn't any harder to build around Trae than it is to build around Luka.  

The only difference is one organization tried and one didn't.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Hell, there are some Braves fans who think they would be better off without Acuna because they don't like his bat flips or some strange shit like that.  

Atlanta fans(sic) 'eat their own' better than any fanbase I've ever seen.

There are pathways to winning post-Trae but anyone that thinks it would be a fast turnaround is fooling themselves. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Same people who forget it wasn't Al Horford that helped us remake the playoffs. It was Mike Bibby???

😯

Solomon Jones just rolled over in a shallow grave.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I agree with you. I'm just stating that the Hawks are most likely gonna get a lot of criticism no matter which way they go because folks are tied to what they want to happen and the decisions are huge. Trae fans don't want him gone. They are holding on to the belief that he is part of a championship team.  Others feel a hard or soft reset is the best route.  Either way they are gonna get flack from the press.  I believe a hard reset or soft reset is the way to go while attempting to bring in Ingram with Sarr.

Making the roster competitive enough so that everyone will ignore this "small" market team should be the goal for this offseason lol. Do just enough that everyone will leave you alone and you can operate in clarity. That goes for Trae, Quinn, Landry, all of them. 

If the Hawks can make the 6th seed(easy IMO) and win a playoff series, everybody will go back to ignoring them, and I think thats the best thing for us at this moment. 

I know Landry isn't gonna build the team this way, but I think he should lol. All the noise is easily the worst thing this roster has going for it. 

ETA: Trading Trae will also make the microscope 1000x stronger, which is another reason I think it's a bad idea. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Afro said:

Making the roster competitive enough so that everyone will ignore this "small" market team should be the goal for this offseason lol. Do just enough that everyone will leave you alone and you can operate in clarity. That goes for Trae, Quinn, Landry, all of them. 

If the Hawks can make the 6th seed(easy IMO) and win a playoff series, everybody will go back to ignoring them, and I think thats the best thing for us at this moment. 

I know Landry isn't gonna build the team this way, but I think he should lol. All the noise is easily the worst thing this roster has going for it. 

Agreed.  The proverbial 'they' is gonna pan whatever we do.  No need to try and win the press conference.   Just stay the course, work your plan.  If it goes well, the next time 'they' talk about the team will be when improvements become evident. 

And, to be clear, this isn't an inferiority complex showing.  It's an admission that, due to the nature of this particular draft, there aren't really any clear 'wins'.  Certainly not ones blatant enough for the likes of BSPN to pick up on.  So, long story long, screw em. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

boykin, bufkin, pumpkin, yall know who the heck I'm talking about, lmao

It just makes every post of yours seem less and less impactful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The narrative around Trae would change the INSTANT he was traded.  It would immediately go from "You can't build a championship team with Trae" to "Trae makes San Antonio a legit contender for the championship."

Got that right. They would all but move the ESPN offices to San Antonio and have Windhorst buy a residence near their arena to report their daily activities. And as for the Hawks, they'd be calling to have the franchise retracted no matter how many protected draft picks they got back...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2