• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Not at all. It's more like writing a book report and forgetting the name of one of the main characters in your breakdown.

Its exactly like I said.  I plainly listed boykin (bufkin) as the point guard in my scenario and instead of correcting me and analyzing the roster I suggested, it was fire sale on my mistake.  Thats what devils do.  the book reporters know exactly who I was referring to. I have no problem with being corrrected. Its the other garbage said about me.  This goes on everywhere in life.

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 minute ago, Afro said:

It's pretty wild that almost all of the draft coverage so far comes from Spurs leaks. 

How tf did they get a monopoly on this? lol. Every single report could easily be explained as spurs manipulation. Crazy. 

How does this even make sense? They have a hole at the 1 and 3 and they want a 5 so Wemby can play the 4? So where does Sochan play? Because they are not benching Clingan if they pick him

11 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

LMAO

the audacity of Evan the aggregator… 

FULL BLOWN FIRE SALE COME GET IT WHILE ITS HOT

We got people citing this as fact, ya know?

Smh 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Everything you said was spot on. The refs STILL calling "foul" on DeAndre Hunter and the Hawks ain't even playing a game right now. lmao

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95205dfhwkupcpjkuqn3g

Man I was pissed when the report that the Grizz will keep Smart came out. Im trying to see something here NBA! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

As it should be!

the young era needs to end!

Build around jj & the #1 pick!

Reed Shepherd time? lol

Edited by terrell

Okay for everyone involved, let me give my best case scenario that includes both trading Trae or DJM and trading down for 4/8 and using the Lakers.  Maybe @KB21 sees the wisdom (I doubt it).

Either scenario, Hawks draft Buzelis 4/BPA (8).

Scenario 1:
1. Hawks trade Trae Young to the LA. Lakers for Rui Hachimura, DeAngelo Russell, Jarred Vanderbilt, the Lakers 2024 (17) and 2030 (no protections) draft picks.

image.thumb.png.68b7b5f82d4e1c8e8103ff98ee615a17.png

With the 17th pick, the Hawks select Zach Edey.

The Hawks now find a buyer for CC for a current player ($15 mil range) + compensation if required.

DJM/Russell/Bufkin
Bogi/Russell/Matthews/

Hunter/Hachimura/Vit

JJ/Buzelis/Vanderbilt

Edey/OO/Bruno/

and that BPA from 8...maybe Holland and whatever player we took back for Clint.  The team sheds an effective $8 million in salary is below the second apron by 10 million and is better defensively.

Option 2, still Lakers

Everything is the same but sub out DJM for Trae and remove Vanderbilt from the trade. It will work as well.

Trae/Russell/Bufkin

Bogi/Russell/Matthews

Hunter/Hachimura/Vit
JJ/Buzelis/BPA
Edey/OO/Bruno

and the player we get for sending out Clint ($15 mil, solid NBA vet, end of rotation guy.  In this scenario we are 3 million under the 2nd Apron and even harder to stop offensively.

Notes: 2 players will need to spend time on 2 ways, probably Buzelis and BPA but we'll see.

In the above scenarios, Russell is move by the trade deadline to a contender, unless things are working out grand here.

Both above are still competitive teams with or without one or the other of Trae or DJM.  The Trae team is much more fun to watch and other than Bogi, is very young, will only get better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

It's pretty wild that almost all of the draft coverage so far comes from Spurs leaks. 

How tf did they get a monopoly on this? lol. Every single report could easily be explained as spurs manipulation. Crazy. 

At this point, I'm just waiting for the "ya know, the draft really starts at 4 while we wait to see what San Antonio does" stories. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The narrative around Trae would change the INSTANT he was traded.  It would immediately go from "You can't build a championship team with Trae" to "Trae makes San Antonio a legit contender for the championship."

Meh. I doubt it..

2 minutes ago, ShayD said:

How does this even make sense? They have a hole at the 1 and 3 and they want a 5 so Wemby can play the 4? So where does Sochan play? Because they are not benching Clingan if they pick him

Yeah I don't even know man lol. I could see a world in the regular season where they play 10ish minutes together and Cligan gets 15 minutes alone/with Sochan. 

But even more so than we worry about it here.....what the absolute hell is the point of that in playoff time? lol. 

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, he's the likely pick because of how many mocks are projecting it.  Not because that is what anyone is hearing.  

Yes sir...you heard that right. He cites his sources as other people making guesses.

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Okay for everyone involved, let me give my best case scenario that includes both trading Trae or DJM and trading down for 4/8 and using the Lakers.  Maybe @KB21 sees the wisdom (I doubt it).

Scenario 1:
1. Hawks trade Trae Young to the LA. Lakers for Rui Hachimura, DeAngelo Russell, Jarred Vanderbilt, the Lakers 2024 (17) and 2030 (no protections) draft picks.

The Hawks now find a buyer for CC for a current player ($15 mil range) + compensation if required.

DJM/Russell/Bufkin
Bogi/Russell/Matthews/

Hunter/Hachimura/Vit

JJ/Buzelis/Vanderbilt

Edey/OO/Bruno/

and that BPA from 8...maybe Holland and whatever player we took back for Clint.  The team sheds an effective $8 million in salary is below the second apron by 10 million and is better defensively.

Option 2, still Lakers

Everything is the same but sub out DJM for Trae and remove Vanderbilt from the trade. It will work as well.

Trae/Russell/Bufkin

Bogi/Russell/Matthews

Hunter/Hachimura/Vit
JJ/Buzelis/BPA
Edey/OO/Bruno

and the player we get for sending out Clint ($15 mil, solid NBA vet, end of rotation guy.  In this scenario we are 3 million under the 2nd Apron and even harder to stop offensively.

Notes: 2 players will need to spend time on 2 ways, probably Buzelis and BPA but we'll see.

In the above scenarios, Russell is move by the trade deadline to a contender, unless things are working out grand here.

Both above are still competitive teams with or without one or the other of Trae or DJM.  The Trae team is much more fun to watch and other than Bogi, is very young, will only get better.

Yeah but where does Boykin figure in all this? 

🤔

1 minute ago, terrell said:

HUh?

Reed is a future 6MOTY.  Folks gotta stop kidding themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Scenario 1:

DJM/Russell/Bufkin
Bogi/Russell/Matthews/

Hunter/Hachimura/Vit

JJ/Buzelis/Vanderbilt

Edey/OO/Bruno/

Option 2, still Lakers

Trae/Russell/Bufkin

Bogi/Russell/Matthews

Hunter/Hachimura/Vit
JJ/Buzelis/BPA
Edey/OO/Bruno

There is absolutely zeroooooo chance Im trading Trae for role players when the first real shot I get at a star is in 2030. 

Noooooooo way lol. This roster you built will be completely dead by the time the real asset ever puts on a hawks jersey. And that roster aint doing anything in the mean time to help. 

ETA: Gross, IMO, on the DJM too. Having Edey be the only real "long" term asset from that deal isn't good no matter what your thoughts of him are(well, as long as theyre reasonable lol). Russ isn't a positive value. I will vommit if we trade DJM for what boils down to Rui+17 lol. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Yeah but where does Boykin figure in all this? 

🤔

Reed is a future 6MOTY.  Folks gotta stop kidding themselves. 

And what is Sarr? Or whoever it is you want?

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

Tell me why?

he can’t create his own shot . That’s a really big issue for a wing. I would rather have Sarr to develop…at least Sarr already can put the ball on the floor at a legit 7’1…his offense isn’t as good as Risacher but long term IF he develops he’ll be a bigger force on the floor

I'm done if we pick Risacher #1.  I don't even understand why he should go top 10.  He doesn't have a single obvious trait that you can look at and say, wow, he's THAT.  He is meh all the way around.  A vanilla cake cone of a pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, txsting said:

I'm done if we pick Risacher #1.  I don't even understand why he should go top 10.  He doesn't have a single obvious trait that you can look at and say, wow, he's THAT.  He is meh all the way around.  A vanilla cake cone of a pick.

Done with what? The team? Yeah right.. The Hawks are like CRack....

• Haha 1