• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Okay for everyone involved, let me give my best case scenario that includes both trading Trae or DJM and trading down for 4/8 and using the Lakers.  Maybe @KB21 sees the wisdom (I doubt it).

Either scenario, Hawks draft Buzelis 4/BPA (8).

Scenario 1:
1. Hawks trade Trae Young to the LA. Lakers for Rui Hachimura, DeAngelo Russell, Jarred Vanderbilt, the Lakers 2024 (17) and 2030 (no protections) draft picks.

image.thumb.png.68b7b5f82d4e1c8e8103ff98ee615a17.png

With the 17th pick, the Hawks select Zach Edey.

The Hawks now find a buyer for CC for a current player ($15 mil range) + compensation if required.

DJM/Russell/Bufkin
Bogi/Russell/Matthews/

Hunter/Hachimura/Vit

JJ/Buzelis/Vanderbilt

Edey/OO/Bruno/

and that BPA from 8...maybe Holland and whatever player we took back for Clint.  The team sheds an effective $8 million in salary is below the second apron by 10 million and is better defensively.

Option 2, still Lakers

Everything is the same but sub out DJM for Trae and remove Vanderbilt from the trade. It will work as well.

Trae/Russell/Bufkin

Bogi/Russell/Matthews

Hunter/Hachimura/Vit
JJ/Buzelis/BPA
Edey/OO/Bruno

and the player we get for sending out Clint ($15 mil, solid NBA vet, end of rotation guy.  In this scenario we are 3 million under the 2nd Apron and even harder to stop offensively.

Notes: 2 players will need to spend time on 2 ways, probably Buzelis and BPA but we'll see.

In the above scenarios, Russell is move by the trade deadline to a contender, unless things are working out grand here.

Both above are still competitive teams with or without one or the other of Trae or DJM.  The Trae team is much more fun to watch and other than Bogi, is very young, will only get better.

I’m a little surprised you posted these Lakers deals.  I hope you aren’t suggesting these are reasonable.  

• Like 1

Just now, Hawkish said:

I’m a little surprised you posted these Lakers deals.  I hope you aren’t suggesting these are reasonable.  

Just showing that trading either player is not the end of the world. A competitive roster can be built.  Took the low hanging fruit already shared publicly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Sense I have gotten from someone in the building is Risacher will be the first name called on draft night likely for Atlanta BUT he might not finish draft night, heck even the lottery as a Hawk. There is a framework in place/being discussed with the Spurs to move back to 4 but that is contingent on Clingan being on the board. If he is then Risacher will end up in San Antonio but if Houston deals 3 then in all likelihood they just keep Risacher

This would be the ideal scenario assuming we get 8 and our 2025 FRP back 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Sense I have gotten from someone in the building is Risacher will be the first name called on draft night likely for Atlanta BUT he might not finish draft night, heck even the lottery as a Hawk. There is a framework in place/being discussed with the Spurs to move back to 4 but that is contingent on Clingan being on the board. If he is then Risacher will end up in San Antonio but if Houston deals 3 then in all likelihood they just keep Risacher

I’m curious what SA sees.  4 and what would be your guess?

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

Meh. I doubt it..

Oh it 1000% will. Whether it stays that way long term is TBD. 

These are the same people that freaked out over the likes of DRuss, GABE VINCENT, and the ghost of Westbrook going to the Lakers. 

We should buy stock in fruit of the loom to make up for all the underpants they will have creamed. 

• Haha 1

Okay for everyone involved, let me give my best case scenario that includes both trading Trae or DJM and trading down for 4/8 and using the Lakers.  Maybe @KB21 sees the wisdom (I doubt it).

Either scenario, Hawks draft Buzelis 4/BPA (8).

Scenario 1:
1. Hawks trade Trae Young to the LA. Lakers for Rui Hachimura, DeAngelo Russell, Jarred Vanderbilt, the Lakers 2024 (17) and 2030 (no protections) draft picks.

image.thumb.png.68b7b5f82d4e1c8e8103ff98ee615a17.png

With the 17th pick, the Hawks select Zach Edey.

I don't think Edey will still be there at 17.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Just showing that trading either player is not the end of the world. A competitive roster can be built.  Took the low hanging fruit already shared publicly.

Gotcha — I agree that trading Trae doesn’t guarantee we are terrible forever (although I prefer to keep him).  I’m just resentful and don’t want SA to benefit from us any more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Here's one of those rakes I was talking about. 

SMH. 

ETA: The "if it doesn't work out" part. The other stuff is fine. 

Edited by Afro
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

A role player no franchise should try and build around. 

So a role player or a future 6th man of the year?

I'm taking the 6th man of the year.. 😀

That's if we go into full rebuild...lol

Edited by terrell
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I’m not making anything up.  Someone actually did post that highlight reel as evidence of how good Sarr is currently on offense.  That post got about ten likes.  I’ll DM it to you because I don’t like to put someone on blast.   

But yes I see a decent number of Hawks fans saying if they draft Clingan over Sarr the Hawks are stupid and they will no longer support the team.  Not just Hawksquawk, that take is everywhere.  Does that make you a Sarr fanboy?  I don’t really get into name calling, but maybe?  

Are you sure that's what they did or are they saying they see these flashes for his offensive potential and you are using that to go on whatever rant this is and call everyone who likes Sarr idiots nd unknowledgeable. 

Why are you bitching at us because you don't like him. State your point and leave it at that and stop implying people are idiots for liking him just because you don't. 

It's okay to like or don't like who you like without insulting others. 

We fans overract to everything.  The definition of a fanatic isn't being rationale. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't get the interest in a guy who isn't a defensive presence in a league where it proven you got to play very good defense to be championship team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

I don't think Edey will still be there at 17.

He will be, but the Hawks would be stupid to draft him considering their major defensive needs.  

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

Here's one of those rakes I was talking about. 

SMH. 

ETA: The "if it doesn't work out" part. The other stuff is fine. 

Not really any way else to put it in this scenario. There is no idea what Houston is doing. Deal is completely contingent on it

7 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Gotcha — I agree that trading Trae doesn’t guarantee we are terrible forever (although I prefer to keep him).  I’m just resentful and don’t want SA to benefit from us any more.

popovich-nba-laugh.gif