2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

Just now, Mikey said:

Not really any way else to put it in this scenario. There is no idea what Houston is doing. Deal is completely contingent on it

Yeah. But still, just ugh lol. 

There is zero chance that  rumor doesn't get out if the trade falls through. So that's rake #1. 

Rischacher has the heighest possible "clowned" percentage of anyone. Rake #2. The chances he doesn't get clowned for being the #1 pick are so damn small. He would have to fall somewhere between Cam Johnson and PG at the very least. Clingan isn't "worth" #1, but at least he has #1 level impact in this draft. Sarr has the same+generally being the consensus #1 (prospect. not mock draft.). 

Just because @Mikey is terrifying me of the prospect that they actually get stuck with Rischacher at 1. 

Is there even a slight possibility they would go to, say the Blazers, and try to sell him for 7+14 instead if the Spurs are just playing us/Clingan goes 3? 

Edited by Afro

18 minutes ago, terrell said:

So a role player or a future 6th man of the year?

I'm taking the 6th man of the year.. 😀

That's if we go into full rebuild...lol

6MOTY is a dime-a-dozen type of player and is also a role player.  You're confusing me, terrel-mo .. ah, I said I wouldn't call you that. 🙃 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Sense I have gotten from someone in the building is Risacher will be the first name called on draft night likely for Atlanta BUT he might not finish draft night, heck even the lottery as a Hawk. There is a framework in place/being discussed with the Spurs to move back to 4 but that is contingent on Clingan being on the board. If he is then Risacher will end up in San Antonio but if Houston deals 3 then in all likelihood they just keep Risacher

So we get Clingan and our own 2025 pick back?    I get that might be the best we can do but that's (hopefully) a pretty late pick in the first.  

9 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Not buying the Spurs are angling for Sheppard.  Also, these teams know more about each other's plans, at this point, than we think despite the public smoke screening.

This part is intriguing.

Folks think teams don't have "insiders" on each others' staffs?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, txsting said:

Plus who wants to try and pronounce Risacher for 5 years?  That name gets stuck on my tongue trying to come out.  I'd rather just take Sarr and see if that squeezes Washington.  

The "name" police already ticketed me for saying "Boykin" instead of "Bufkin".  I've been afraid to post Risacher's name ever since.  Did I spell it right?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The "name" police already ticketed me for saying "Boykin" instead of "Bufkin".  I've been afraid to post Risacher's name ever since.  Did I spell it right?

How would you feel if we called you out of your name?

I mean besides doing it behind your back of course. 😉

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

How would you feel if we called you out of your name?

I mean besides doing it behind your back of course. 😉

yall call me out of my name CONSTANTLY on this board.  Constant profanity, slander, you name it.  The moderator even called yall out on it.

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 minute ago, Afro said:

Plus, it has the bust name already built right in. Y'all trying to root for Reece-a-shit? lol

Savagery.

And folks need not worry. Just call him Landry Shamet.  Tomato, to-mah-to. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So we get Clingan and our own 2025 pick back?    I get that might be the best we can do but that's (hopefully) a pretty late pick in the first.  

Yeah this combo is a little weird. We want Clingan because he makes the most immediate impact, but we also want to trade for our 25 back? 

I get the protection from chaos, but if things go well....are you not hoping that the value you got from #1 kinda sucks? 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

yall call me out of my name CONSTANTLY on this board.  Constant profanity, slander, you name it.

😯

Lies detected.

You gotta back this claim up with facts, hawkmoo (that's the only name I've ever called you).. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

who cares if you f*** up rischer name

The "name" police.  they gave me a big fat ticket for messing up Bufkin's name.  I called him "Boykin" and it was ON with them.  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Savagery.

And folks need not worry. Just call him Landry Shamet.  Tomato, to-mah-to. 

I got made fun of for calling Onyeka "Yek" so I'm just staking my claim right up front this time lol. 

If yall see me posting ROS you know what it means. 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, txsting said:

That's a big risk but the upside is high.  The possibility of getting Clingan and maybe Castle is intriguing.  You get stuck holding the bag with Risacher however......eww.  This could very well be a ploy by the Spurs to get Reed to drop to 4.  Air raid alarms are going off for me on this.  

I’m with you on this. Spurs planting seeds and we just allowing it sounds like 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

6MOTY is a dime-a-dozen type of player and is also a role player.  You're confusing me, terrel-mo .. ah, I said I wouldn't call you that. 🙃 

Confusing you how Kilogram?

Because You don't like Shephard and I do?

I think he can be more than 6 man of year.

I see a few all star games in his career with his shooting and smart play(Coaches will LOVE him)

Not sure what Sarr, Risacher etc can be..

Edited by terrell