• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Hawks/Spurs have friendly FOs, would not be surprised if all this smoke is to drive up the price of our #1 pick to a third interested team.  Too much Spurs smoke everywhere for it to all be real.

I posted a chart on this the other day.  4+8 = about 7% more valuable than just 1 for trading purposes unless a player is just that awesome at 1.  Most of this is just to get front offices to tip their hand on what their pick is so the Hawks know if their guy is there at 4/8 or the Spurs can know if theirs is there 4/8 depending on who is leaking (assuming these are leaks and not just fishing expeditions).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Hawks/Spurs have friendly FOs, would not be surprised if all this smoke is to drive up the price of our #1 pick to a third interested team.  Too much Spurs smoke everywhere for it to all be real.

Possibly...but, sometimes the truth is hiding in plain sight.  I think it's more likely the Spurs and Hawks are working together to control the draft board (picks 1-4).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When I started to hear the rumors of trades of centers Atlanta was targeting that could be available if they had interest, I knew right then and there, Clingan wasn't a lock at all. 

Who are these centers?

Claxton? Allen? Robinson? Lopez?

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Sense I have gotten from someone in the building is Risacher will be the first name called on draft night likely for Atlanta BUT he might not finish draft night, heck even the lottery as a Hawk. There is a framework in place/being discussed with the Spurs to move back to 4 but that is contingent on Clingan being on the board. If he is then Risacher will end up in San Antonio but if Houston deals 3 then in all likelihood they just keep Risacher

Cool. Risacher,

aka French Vanilla

aka Josh Childress 2.0

aka the French (Missed)Connection. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, KB21 said:

The narrative around Trae would change the INSTANT he was traded.  It would immediately go from "You can't build a championship team with Trae" to "Trae makes San Antonio a legit contender for the championship."

It's true.  We just need to decide if we will be able to contend with him on that 35% max coming up.  Current estimates have that at $70M per year starting in the '26-27 season.  Trae is an incredible offensive talent, but how many teams have contended with a guy on that type of contract who makes an all-star game every other season and one all-NBA selection?

We have two seasons before that extension but we'll likely have to decide by next summer.

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

It's true.  We just need to decide if we will be able to contend with him on that 35% max coming up.  Current estimates have that at $70M per year starting in the '26-27 season.  Trae is an incredible offensive talent, but how many teams have contended with a guy on that type of contract who makes an all-star game every other season and one all-NBA selection?

We have two seasons before that extension but we'll likely have to decide by next summer.

Trae at $70 mil per season?  Man, I would give him away for that price.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

If they win more, he'll be on more of those.  It's the fact that the Hawks record hasn't been good. 

• Like 3

Hey @kg01 I decided to start off after a month of no activity due to knee with some yoga 🧘. I felt it. Instructor thought I was lazy tho cuz I couldn’t do one 🦵 🪑 pose but the knee..

I lost my NBA satellite radio 📻. What’s Kam and Antonio been sayin about the draft? When I last used to listen they showed the Hawks love and then sometime during this whole me not having satellite they turnt on us? What they thinkin if you’ve listened? Thanks 🙏🏿 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When I started to hear the rumors of trades of centers Atlanta was targeting that could be available if they had interest, I knew right then and there, Clingan wasn't a lock at all. 

This is what’s bothering me the most! If we aren’t going to keep Trae then no need to speed a top pick on a center . With that said , while I have no insider knowledge, I was almost certain that there will not be any serviceable centers available for trade.

the only one I really knew of was Brook Lopez which would be a nice fit with Trae. Other than that it’s hard for me to see any other potential good centers on the trade block.

also I feel that center position is the most important for Trae but obviously if he’s traded or in discussion to possibly be traded you don’t take a center like Clingan in my opinion.

if Trae is traded I’d much rather we draft Sarr and pray he truly develops.

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's easy. Trae. 

Sure but with Traes demands of spending in the luxury tax , I’m sure that pressure is on this off season. Like what if Trae leaves and we traded away a locked down Murray ???…I’m sure the FO thought of this scenario but all I’m saying they pretty much have no choice but to get everything right this offseason.

If we dump Hunter for salary and draft Risacher I will be so bummed. We have to take a big early this draft especially if trading Capela. We need to be smart on Wednesday because this impacts our FA market.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey @kg01 I decided to start off after a month of no activity due to knee with some yoga 🧘. I felt it. Instructor thought I was lazy tho cuz I couldn’t do one 🦵 🪑 pose but the knee..

I lost my NBA satellite radio 📻. What’s Kam and Antonio been sayin about the draft? When I last used to listen they showed the Hawks love and then sometime during this whole me not having satellite they turnt on us? What they thinkin if you’ve listened? Thanks 🙏🏿 

Hope you feel better.  Can't be having you strutting around with bad knees.

Unfortunately I tuned it out during the playoffs and haven't listened for a second.  Maybe funny @marco102 has an update for us? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Here are three things I think could happen. 

I have no clue with the draft. They are all over the place right now at least what they are sharing around the NBA. Privately, it might be completely locked in but that's not what's being said. 

1. Dre could be traded for salary reasons like JC last year. Dre has tremendously more value on the open market than JC had and it's not even close. The issue is, getting good value back isn't likely an option. 

2. The Capela trade will likely be a win for us. Teams need a true center bad and I've heard some really could offers for him. 

3. The Murray trade will be massive. Teams are dying for him and I think we will see a blockbuster deal. 

The draft, Trae, and OO have been moved from locks to likely to stay. 

Dre has joined Garrison, Capela, and Murray and likely to go. 

A.J. Griffin has gone up to lock to come back. It doesn't seem like he will be moved. 

I still haven't heard Bogi named mentioned for trades or JJ's so they will remain in the locked category.

From what I was just told, Trae has told he wants to play for a potential contender and would love to stay if that's here but he wants major changes from what I've been told. This includes spending the LT and not being cheap. 

The Hawks are looking in every direction, to tank or remodel the house. They are listening to most things at this time. I wouldn't say this is unique, since Landry been here, this has been what they have been doing. 

Not that I love Dre, but I don’t see why they would trade him unless they get back at least two above replacement level average players coming in. 

He is the only real SF worth anything that we have. I don’t see us trading one SF for another, so they’d have to get one back from trading DJM or CC. How do you think they’ll look to build depth beyond that? FAcy? Draft? Or go cheap and not get anyone else and hope AJ or MoG steps up?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hope you feel better.  Can't be having you strutting around with bad knees.

Unfortunately I tuned it out during the playoffs and haven't listened for a second.  Maybe funny @marco102 has an update for us? 

Man, I haven't had time to listen.  Been too busy with a few deadlines at work. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Who are these centers?

Claxton? Allen? Robinson? Lopez?

None of these guys but Allen have come up and Allen decided he wants to stay in CLE so that's not happening. It's several guys that have come on, some really young, some around Trae's age. 

• Like 3