• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Wretch said:

So I have to throw out the disclaimer in that we don't know what the actual offers for the #1 are. 

That aside, I'm assuming that the line of reasoning here is...why isn't there more excitement or interest in the top pick?  I don't think that's an indicator of Sarr's upside pick as much as it is an indicator of the interest in this "flat" draft class in general.  In any given "strong" year, it's clear who is going 1-2.  This year you could create a drastically different top 3 mock  with different teams picking at #1.  Personally, if we didn't have Trae...I would be HARD pressed to pass on Sheppard.  I've got him 2nd overall in my top 4 withSarr, Knecht, and Risacher-ish.

So, just intrigued... you pick Sheppard... and you trade Trae realistically and ideally for... ???

It's positive that they might retain Sarr, but the question I want to ask is, "Does Murray or any of the Hawks be traded before or during the draft?"

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Putting my Outsider's tinfoil hat back on:

Hawks take Reed #1 and trade DJM the same day.

If they HAD to trade back (which they don't) I would take Sheppard or Castle over Clingan.  The problem is you would HAVE to deal Trae or Murray in that situation and the Hawks would definitely be moving with no leverage in that scenario.

• Premium Member

I do think Sheppard is intriguing assuming we move down in the draft and depending on what we get in a DJM trade. I’m honestly not sure what our best option is, but I wouldn’t be mad at that.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

"Citizen's Arrest!  Citizens Arrest!"   You are hereby arrested and ticketed by this citizen of Hawksquawk.  Who is "Will Murray?"

gomer-gomerpile.gif

Hahahahahah

You got me, I have nothing to say but I can blame on the AI.

Guilty, guilty as as charged - Austin Powers Drink - Meme Generator

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

"Citizen's Arrest!  Citizens Arrest!"   You are hereby arrested and ticketed by this citizen of Hawksquawk.  Who is "Will Murray?"

gomer-gomerpile.gif

Not gonna lie, I was really confused by Boykin :laugh1:....I went looking at the draftee list to see what range he was slated to be drafted. 🤓....silly me.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, REHawksFan said:

How? The Hawks are FA Broke. Can the use the TPE in a SNT? I don't know. 

TPE is $23 mil....OG looking for +$40 mil per

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There's our small forward y'all. Cut the check Ressy. 

How would this work?  I can’t imagine we would outbid NY (and that’s assuming we actually had cap space)

Edited by Hawkish