• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

TPE is $23 mil....OG looking for +$40 mil per

Shows what I know. So OG isn't even a possibility unless it's a snt with multiple players, right?

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

"Citizen's Arrest!  Citizens Arrest!"   You are hereby arrested and ticketed by this citizen of Hawksquawk.  Who is "Will Murray?"

gomer-gomerpile.gif

Dang, hawkmoo(r), who hurt you? 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

So, just intrigued... you pick Sheppard... and you trade Trae realistically and ideally for... ???

So, I wouldn't trade Trae. lol 

But in a world where we have to and are selecting Sheppard, that just signals a reset to me.  I'd trade Trae AND DJ both, and rebuild around JJ with draft picks - which would have to be from 3rd parties that Trae/DJ don't make immediately better.

For the polarized Squawk community: I am not advocating for a rebuild AT. ALL.  I'm just throwing out hypotheticals saying that if we trade Trae and draft Sheppard, we would more or less just be throwing in the towel and rebuilding.  I don't see a better team without Trae unless we move him for a star at a different position and looking at the field, I don't see equal return coming back. 

Like who would give up a young-ish star for Trae...?  There are plenty of names I would consider, but I just don't see the availability...so I'm assuming Trae for picks is more feasible Sturt.

• Thanks 3

I saw this and I would be open to Ausar Thompson and #5 (Bruzelis) for #1. Bruzelis was my dude before we won the lottery. We weren’t gonna get him at 10 but 5 seems to be his range.

Gives us 2 dogs on Dand efficient wings that are like 5 tool 🏀 ers.

Potential 2 starters. Ausar would start and Bruzelis would start in year 2 most likely.

• The Hawks brought in projected top-10 pick Matas Buzelis on Sunday for a pre-draft workout, a source tells Jonathan Wasserman of Bleacher Report (Twitter link). Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer, who confirms the news of Buzelis’ workout, says it signals that Atlanta continues to evaluate all its options in the lottery, including trading down from No. 1. Buzelis has been most frequently linked to Detroit at No. 5.

2 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Like who would give up a young-ish star for Trae...? 

No only Giannis and Jokic still for me. I don’t even know about the former as his athleticism will fade before Trae’s skills do.

2 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Is SNT for OG and give the knicks DJM and Hunter off the table?

I hope so.  OG is an injury risk as much as Hunter is, especially after Thibs played him into the ground late this season and playoffs. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 6/23/2024 at 4:35 PM, bleachkit said:

Sheppard is number is 1 in his analysis. Generational shooter,, don't pass on him y'all. 

I feel like you are putting too much emphasis on one amazing season.  Sheppard shot 34% to 41% in high school for a 4 year average of 37.3%.  That is good but not all that noteworthy.  His 52% in college is a true outlier.  It makes sense that as the second scorer off the bench (behind Dillingham) he got less attention in college than as the best player on his high school team but 52% is not repeatable, imo.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I feel like you are putting too much emphasis on one amazing season.  Sheppard shot 34% to 41% in high school for a 4 year average of 37.3%.  That is good but not all that noteworthy.  His 52% in college is a true outlier.  It makes sense that as the second scorer off the bench (behind Dillingham) he got less attention in college than as the best player on his high school team but 52% is not repeatable, imo.

Kentucky on Kentucky crime here.. look 👀 away if you squeamish :jesus:

Never thought about it but if our Mod lawyer were to ever join a gang, he already has a lot of the two predominant colors in blue (Kentucky) and red (Hawks) gear ⚙️.

Thats pretty cool. :jesus: 💭 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Not off the table, but I still think he resigns with the Knicks. Declining his option made financial sense for him as he can command more money as a FA using the new cap figures vs getting a max extension to his existing contract (which is what I suspect the Knicks initially offered).

• Like 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Not off the table, but I still think he resigns with the Knicks.

I got this too. He did well and Thibs loves him a lil too much as cagey said as far as burn 🔥. His legs 🦵 are like tree trunks though, one of the reasons I loved him coming out of Indiana, he was my guy and still on the board when we took JC. I liked JC for the most part.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

It makes sense that as the second scorer off the bench (behind Dillingham)

Wait a minute, Reed wasn't a starter? How'd I miss that?

46 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

Does this mean what I think it means?  NYK are about to get left in the cold or have to pay him an outrageous contract.

Also Toronto loses Siakam and FVV then has to pay Barnes and… Quickley.  

Good luck.  

We got to nail the draft and trades to move up the food chain.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Problem with Sarr is he doesn't fit with JJ, who is the only player we're dead set on keeping around (apparently).  JJ has hit some WIDE OPEN threes which is good and promising but having two wings out there that cannot reliably knock down threes is not a great formula.  Not to mention we also do not currently have a center that can reliably make threes that are not WIDE OPEN.  I'm just not sold on Sarr yet although I do love his defense.  

Exactly!!!

sarr will be a disaster pick for Jj’s development!!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Shows what I know. So OG isn't even a possibility unless it's a snt with multiple players, right?

44 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We use the TPE then we clear salary somehow. Good teams find a away. 

19 minutes ago, ShayD said:

• Like 2