• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

So I have to throw out the disclaimer in that we don't know what the actual offers for the #1 are. 

That aside, I'm assuming that the line of reasoning here is...why isn't there more excitement or interest in the top pick?  I don't think that's an indicator of Sarr's upside pick as much as it is an indicator of the interest in this "flat" draft class in general.  In any given "strong" year, it's clear who is going 1-2.  This year you could create a drastically different top 3 mock  with different teams picking at #1.  Personally, if we didn't have Trae...I would be HARD pressed to pass on Sheppard.  I've got him 2nd overall in my top 4 withSarr, Knecht, and Risacher-ish.

Pretty much.  I don’t believe the GMs are excited about any player enough to make us a strong offer, but I believe that could change as the trigger fingers get itchy leading up to the draft.  

So, I’m more like a kid waiting on Christmas morning to see what we’re able to get.  Sarr isn’t the most exciting option to me, and yes I’m pushing back on people with that view.  I won’t call people idiots, though.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

I feel like you are putting too much emphasis on one amazing season.  Sheppard shot 34% to 41% in high school for a 4 year average of 37.3%.  That is good but not all that noteworthy.  His 52% in college is a true outlier.  It makes sense that as the second scorer off the bench (behind Dillingham) he got less attention in college than as the best player on his high school team but 52% is not repeatable, imo.

Where are you getting these 3P high school numbers from and do you have any player comps for highschool.

For instance, do you have Devin Booker's high school stats that are accurate.

This seems like a strawman argument.

Once again if you think averaging 40-50% 3P in his basketball playing so far with high school / college combined is an issue... SMH

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member

This from a guy who has 'lead' his team to the playoffs ONE time and lost in Round 1........but we giving OUR guy grief for saying he wants a roster that can WIN. :blanky:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

I guess the other counter could be that the Hawks aren't accepting offers because they see him as the clear number one which it seems is starting to leak out. 

If that is true, they put up an epic smoke screen and no one leaked much of anything.  Don’t believe that’s what is happening.  I would be proud of the FO if they fooled the entire league on draft night.  

If I had to guess, I’d say they are trying to trade multiple guys in tandem with draft preparation and that makes their planning complex with multiple scenarios in play.  But I don’t think they have been locked in on Sarr through the process.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I saw that, but that seems to value Smart an awful lot. 

Marcus smart alone gets you that far? I don't see it. 

Even with the mehness of this draft. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Afro said:

The Boston shine is still on Smart.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Boston shine is still on Smart.

Is it though? He's old and was hurt. It doesn't matter though. I just thought it was interesting. 

I was over here kinda skeptical that a theoretical trade of 4 and AJ for 3 was enough and they're out here dropping out of the best spots for smart lol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

How old is Marcus Smart?  Looked it up.  30 years old.  Younger than I expected but still not a age where I would value him that much.

• Premium Member

I don’t want anything to with with Smart after that dude disrespected Trae the way he did when he pushed him down and stepped right over him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

How old is Marcus Smart?  Looked it up.  30 years old.  Younger than I expected but still not a age where I would value him that much.

Lol I did the exact same thing and had the same reaction. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Arguing over their big ol' bowls of beans meal? Seems accurate TBH

Hey don’t knock that I tried taking Cagey’s bbq beans 🫘 at the sack and he nearly whopped me good. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wait a minute, Reed wasn't a starter? How'd I miss that?

🤷‍♂️

Antonio Reeves and DJ Wagner were their starting guards. Reed and Dillingham came off the bench. 

Reeves would be a terrific UDFA signing for the bench. 

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Problem with Sarr is he doesn't fit with JJ, who is the only player we're dead set on keeping around (apparently).  JJ has hit some WIDE OPEN threes which is good and promising but having two wings out there that cannot reliably knock down threes is not a great formula.  Not to mention we also do not currently have a center that can reliably make threes that are not WIDE OPEN.  I'm just not sold on Sarr yet although I do love his defense.  

Another issue with Sarr for me.  Good post.  

• Thanks 1