2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

11 minutes ago, sturt said:

Same idea, different execution... maybe...

I'd try to assess what team appears to be most persuaded that one of these guys is overwhelmingly pivotal to their immediate future hopes, and if they won't make a deal ahead of the draft, yes, draft their guy anyway. You're not going to be especially better or worse, imo... and maybe during the draft their GM feels nervous enough to call you back, and deliver a goody bag of something exciting.

Maybe that's Washington, but I'd think it's more probably a team that considers itself at Everest Camp III or IV.

Ah, you just said what I said but with more words.

I agree with the premise tho. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

one day out and we still have no reliable info on what's going to happen.  

As frustrating as it is for fans, it at least make us feel like there's a competent front office at work here.  Some of the best FO work in completely secrecy and you only hear about things just as they're happening.  Being a lifelong Braves fan, I've been blessed so watch some of the best ever do it.  I could be overselling their actual abilities and maybe they have no clue what they're doing, but the eternal optimist in me is holding out hope that the master plan will be a stroke of genius...or at least competency.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't take Childress in the top 2 of any class even this one but I would take Risacher in this one. He's a lot more projectable. He's an off ball player. 

I thinknwe agree overall on the draft, just disagree with how to approach it.  I can't justify taking a wing like Rissacher because I feel his protected ceiling is too low.  Best caae scenario, for me, he's a backup on a good team. 

Just now, kg01 said:

I thinknwe agree overall on the draft, just disagree with how to approach it.  I can't justify taking a wing like Rissacher because I feel his protected ceiling is too low.  Best caae scenario, for me, he's a backup on a good team. 

I don't know too many two prong movement wings with pretty good defense to boot. That's extremely hard to find and everyone can use that player, especially us.

Just now, BangHolman said:

How big is the gap between Zacc and Matas? Seems like an ideal scenario would be Clingan (4) and Matas (8) if the board fell the right way.

Talent wise, Matas is better but ability wise and role wise, Risacher is miles better. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Ah, you just said what I said but with more words.

Just to encourage you... maybe since at least one person didn't fully understand what you were actually trying to get across... more words would have been a good thing. Maybe less isn't more. Maybe that's just a fad that the ADHD-and-proud-of-it generation has successfully sold too many people. Maybe.

(Should I explain further? 😉 )

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If Landry, Childress, and Shamet had a baby it'd be Rissacher.   

Wow 😮 upon first look I thought I posted this 😆 cagey, what are you doin in my alley? :eyebrow:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't take Childress in the top 2 of any class even this one but I would take Risacher in this one. He's a lot more projectable. He's an off ball player. 

I’m warming up to Risacher in the past 24 hours.

I do think there’s a good fit there next to Trae. Have to assume his defense is real, just need the shooting to be which there have been flashes. If both can translate it’s a good fit.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Talent wise, Matas is better but ability wise and role wise, Risacher is miles better. 

Still seems like it would work out well for us in a 1 for 4 and 8 situation.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Be on the lookout for Kobe Bufkin. Teams that had lotto picks last year have called Atlanta about him and some of those teams even have equally young players in different positions which are appealing to Atlanta. He could be on the move. 

Shucks — I like Bufkin.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

See this is where we differ I think.  I'd rather have the talent then teach the role.

11 minutes ago, sturt said:

Just to encourage you... maybe since at least one person didn't fully understand what you were actually trying to get across... more words would have been a good thing. Maybe less isn't more. Maybe that's just a fad that the ADHD-and-proud-of-it generation has successfully sold too many people. Maybe.

(Should I explain further? 😉 )

Nah, I'll just post an emoji then move on.

🧔‍♀️

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

This isn't the draft to fall in love with potential, especially superstar potential.  I'd prefer a trade back and two chances are a solid rotation player, but if we stay at 1, I trust that Risacher can develop into a high end role player more than I trust Clingan developing into much more than he is today or Sarr developing anywhere close to the superstar ceiling some seem to think he has.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

See this is where we differ I think.  I'd rather have the talent then teach the role.

Nah, I'll just post an emoji then move on.

🧔‍♀️

Like we did with Cam Reddish. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1