• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, txsting said:

I will try not to be too disappointed with whatever goes down, because the truth won't be known for several years.  More fun to talk yourself into belief than to smother yourself in doubt.

Great post.  There will be a lot of emotions Wednesday night, but none of them, positive or negative, will be completely justified until we see how these prospects pan out.

The essence of what you're saying here is a major reason why I defend our current front office regime.  Having a very negative disposition just means you're spending most of your time in those negative feelings, even if you're proven wrong by the time there's enough evidence to draw a conclusion.

• Like 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, txsting said:

Worst draft I can think of is 2013.  And Giannis went 15, while Gobert went at 27.  You never know.

Worst for me is probably 2000.  You had a few guys who made an All-Star game but nobody all that exciting.  Hedo Turkoglu, Kenyon Martin, Michael Redd, Mike Miller and Jamal Crawford are the leaders in career win shares but the top guy has only a few more win shares than Wesley Matthews.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Be on the lookout for Kobe Bufkin. Teams that had lotto picks last year have called Atlanta about him and some of those teams even have equally young players in different positions which are appealing to Atlanta. He could be on the move. 

This does make Zacc make even more sense. He replaces Bufkin minutes at the 2 while we upgrade elsewhere. Would just need a b/u PG.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Like we did with Cam Reddish. 

Why you gotta bring up old stuff? 😄

I'm sure you'd agree the development process now is vastly different than it was back then, no?

And I'm also sure history is littered with guys with limiting physical attributes/talent that failed to reach projected potential.

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Oh god. That makes so much sense lol

Heh.  It really does.  Sadly. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This isn't the draft to fall in love with potential, especially superstar potential.  I'd prefer a trade back and two chances are a solid rotation player, but if we stay at 1, I trust that Risacher can develop into a high end role player more than I trust Clingan developing into much more than he is today or Sarr developing anywhere close to the superstar ceiling some seem to think he has.

I think the enthusiasm for Sarr colors how people view the other options.  Haven’t done the deep dive on Risacher, but conceptually he’s a good fit.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I would be pretty surprised if we traded Bufkin.  The guy completely bought into his development plan, stayed and balled out in College Park most of last year (with no complaints), and then started to show some promise in actual NBA games.  Landry and Quin seem to love him -- I imagine the price would be high.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Great post.  There will be a lot of emotions Wednesday night, but none of them, positive or negative, will be completely justified until we see how these prospects pan out.

The essence of what you're saying here is a major reason why I defend our current front office regime.  Having a very negative disposition just means you're spending most of your time in those negative feelings, even if you're proven wrong by the time there's enough evidence to draw a conclusion.

Time to enjoy the ride.  Gonna be a huge shift on the roster.  Landry is in the spot light, let’s give him a chance before believing the worst.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, txsting said:

I will try not to be too disappointed with whatever goes down, because the truth won't be known for several years.  More fun to talk yourself into belief than to smother yourself in doubt.

Ooh, that's deep.  Not even kidding.  I usually do this after the draft, not before.  But you make a great point.  All this gnashing of teeth is something other than fun at this point. 

• Like 3

Oh my ...

@Spud2nique, I may be having a change of heart on Rissa... Resees ... 

:Nique: It's Ree-sachey, kg.

Thanks, Nique. This @txsting guy and his zen ways have swayed me.

Whoever we pick, I'll ride with 'im.  I'm not fightin' the feelin' anymore.  What's the point?

As long as we have Boykin, we have a chance.

(Hawkmoor so mad rn)

• Haha 4

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Something weird just happened. I’m outside and one of my neighbors like 5 houses down is walking with his dog 🐕. Weird that somehow I know the dog’s name and not the dude. Anyways I said “what up Marcus” gimme some love 💗, no joke he pounds my fist 🤛… I’m like dayuuuumm..

Marcus …. Smart… :jesus:.. whoa 😮 

I don’t know what to think of this. Divine intervention? What is that? @kg01 that’s not it is it. Maybe it’s like you suggested three men and a baby. Landry my Child and Lamet dammit.

Look, I think it’s a sign 🪧 that we are going after the x Oklahoma state cowboy 🤠 and fan funk favorite Maaaaaarrrcuuuss.

Wait, the dog gave you a pound?  That is one smart Marcus ... Marcus ... Smart .... 😯

There's only one explanation ... :alien: 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thanks, Nique. This @txsting guy and his zen ways have swayed me.

Whoever we pick, I'll ride with 'im.  I'm not fightin' the feelin' anymore.  What's the point?

All the work I've been doing to keep this place positive with numbers and logic and it's the quick zen message that finally got ya 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, the dog gave you a pound? 

Well if he woulda shook my hand I would have taken him to the nearest “wonder pet” store and made a billion like the guy with Ted the 🐻.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I don't see too much connection between Bufkin and Risacher.  We badly need more depth at the wing.  We have decent depth at SG even with DJM gone but SF is a barren wasteland after Hunter.  Risacher is not my guy but he could get all the minutes he can play at SF if he delivers and Hunter has his usual health challenges and even with a healthy Hunter there are plenty of minutes on the wing for both of them, imo.

Bufkin should only be moved if it makes sense from a value return and roster construction perspective (just like most players).  His potential to play combo guard behind the 1 and 2 gives him value even with Risacher on the team.  Trading either DJM or Trae will open a lot of time at those spots so we will want depth and especially someone who has the potential to be a plus defender.

I see Zacc as a 2/3 and able to play minutes at both. I'm also hoping that a DJ trade brings back a 3 or 4 for wing depth; a 4 would allow for JJ to play more minutes at the 3.

• Like 1