• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Not something I would have stated publicly.

SMH LANDRY WTF.... 

Also, makes you think the way he is talking is they aren't picking him TBH.. Landry why do you do this.

Remember, "Hawks DNA"? I don't think Hawks DNA is "declining workouts".

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

All the work I've been doing to keep this place positive with numbers and logic and it's the quick zen message that finally got ya 

You never know which itches scratch you, grasshoppah. 

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Right?!

It's not mandatory to even do the interview.  If you don't know how to lie around that, don't do the interview.

It's like his default setting is to say whatever absolutely kills any leverage he has. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 5

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I think he’s lying and we worked sarr out in secret - feel like I remember Mikey being pretty adamant sarr had been in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Be on the lookout for Kobe Bufkin. Teams that had lotto picks last year have called Atlanta about him and some of those teams even have equally young players in different positions which are appealing to Atlanta. He could be on the move. 

I highly doubt this tbh. Every report seems to suggest they view him very highly and as a member of their core. Though I guess I’d price is right but I don’t see it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Yeah...I can't believe he would say that publicly.  Smh.

Anything Landry gives us publicly is already known by every team in the league.  You guys work overtime to spin every narrative into bashing him... it's nauseating.  

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't think anything Landry says publicly changes his leverage with other GMs.  Anything he is telling us, like this info on Sarr, every front office in the league already knows.  The GM is actually being candid with us and you guys spin it into a bad thing smh what happened to the zen KG?? It evaporated in 5 minutes!

I think I get it now.  This is Landry setting the stage for an odd couple-esque reality show with he and Sarr sharing a condo.  It'll be full of wacky hijinks in a Hard Knocks-style TV show on HBO.  Stay tuned ... 

On a serious note tho, the perception it creates is that the guy doesn't wanna play here/with trae.  No good can come from that, from a PR standpoint.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Anything Landry gives us publicly is already known by every team in the league.  You guys work overtime to spin every narrative into bashing him... it's nauseating.  

Um excuse me Jeff, don’t act like Landry has never put his foot in his mouth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

On a serious note tho, the perception it creates is that the guy doesn't wanna play here/with trae.  No good can come from that, from a PR standpoint.  

This is already being reported in major media outlets.  It's not even new news, just Landry confirming it's true.  See below.

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Like we did with Cam Reddish. 

The player has to be teachable first of all.  And secondly, Hawks University is miles better now than it was in 2019 when Cam was drafted.  The development of JJ, Vit, Kobi, Mo, etc... all testify to that.  

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I think I get it now.  This is Landry setting the stage for an odd couple-esque reality show with he and Sarr sharing a condo.  It'll be full of wacky hijinks in a Hard Knocks-style TV show on HBO.  Stay tuned ... 

This. Sure, the "complaining" part has merit. And the "it doesnt make a difference with GMs" is true.

But at the same time....there is no upside to this. There is just downside. Maybe theres an upside to "Im just letting yall know so fans dont freak the f out on me"....but even that lol. 

This isn't a one off. It's a pattern of saying things for no reason. We can debate how much it matters until we're blue in the face all we want, but this is part of his job. A transparent GM could be nice for fans, but I dont think thats what this is. I hate to keep using the phrase, but it's just stepping on rakes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Not at all. Hawks see Risacher as a 2/3. Think how we used to play with Kyle and crew where the 2/3 is interchangeable 

If anything, it would be the Hawks finally committing to the tall lineup with versatility on defense. This gives Bogi a good chance too to go back to his best role which was a top end 6th man.

I see him as a BIG 2 also...

Let's just remove Sarr or any prospect from the equation, because there are a lot of emotions to those names. 

Is there ever a good reason for a GM to confirm/say publicly "X player does not want to play here"?

What good comes from that? Cause I can think of a good bit of bad. 

• Like 4