• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

14 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

It seems like when the Hawks are near the top of the drafting board tge key draftee doesn't want to be here. Honestly, I'm sick to death of athletes. I wish as a society we would stop idolizing these people.

Good luck with that.  This has been a 'thing' since freaking Roman times - in case you suspect this is a US or recent phenomenon. 

And also, there's a lot of idolized people that need to not be.  Not just athletes but thats a whole other conversation. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Nothing has changed. I could care less what the Hawks say. You draft Star and if Washington wants him, you make them make a huge offer.

1 hour ago, akay said:

Fr, and the 26th pick in this draft is not some huge boon either unless they have plans to package it for something, which I assume they would cause of contingencies and what not 😛 

What would an acceptable trade with Washington look like?

I would also ask for Tristan Vukcevic.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

I hope the Wizards do draft him and we boo the hell out of him every time he steps on the floor.  You are 19 and were a bench player in an overseas league.  You're damn right the most important thing is to be drafted, yet you are listening to your "great team around you" and letting them make you look like a divo. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If they announce Risacher at #1 tomorrow, I'm expecting a trade to be announced at some point.  

After that and what I feel the hawks will do, Clingan is the pick for the hawks

Take Sarr and trade him to the Wizards. Force them to give up 26 or a future lightly protected 1st. And then use 26 and some asset to move into the lottery for another bite at it. End of the day the team needs talent on the roster. If Bufkin is traded no backup PG, weak at SF, and only OO is the C

Maybe at that point you take Risacher at 2 and you have to find a Center with the other pick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, phoostal said:

After hearing that I believe the hawks are taking Clingan and I would too I've soured on Sarr

Yep, I don't want him here. Hope we draft him and trade him and still get our guy with the traded draft picks. It's not Landrie's fault this kid got a big head and thinks he is above us.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Here ya go, Bang...

(The trick is to copy and paste the twitter link, but then to press your "enter" key to make the platform know you want it to display the post, not just the link.)

Soft, I hope he flames out in his 2nd year.  He gave his agent his goals and his agent is doing what he can to make those goals happen.  My guess is this dudes goal is to make as much money as possible and be the face of the franchise.

Still gotta take Sarr if he's #1 on your board.  It's not that hard.  I'm not worried about the workout - i was more concerned they didn't get to talk to him, but Landry said we've interviewed him.  Honestly the workout is unnecessary.  This is all about Sarr's agent and how he is playing this.   Not about the kid himself - he gets picked #1, he's coming to Atlanta and he's going to work hard and be the best he can be.  Or, you get a sweetheart deal to slide down a spot and pick up asset(s).  Can't really lose.

The only thing I'll have a hard time talking myself into is taking Reese-a-shit at #1 and then getting stuck with him.

• Like 2