• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would also ask for Tristan Vukcevic.

I can go with that.  You HAVE to make Washington pay.  I would go with that.  You give me the 2nd and 26th pick and Vukcevic.  Thats minimum I'm telling Washington.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There isn't a #1 pick in this draft.  Every prospect in this draft is an overpay at 1.  

From what I've seen, I'd take it farther than that... every prospect in this draft is an overpay at... say... #5... give or take a slot.

I think Sarr himself doesn't care if he goes to Atlanta or not, it's just his agent trying to steer this in the way that he thinks is best for AS (and for himself).  No qualms about taking him #1 if Landry decides to go that way.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Who do we send to them to match salary?  Kuz is a decent complimentary piece, but I wouldn't be thrilled for him honestly. 

NBA trade machine says Capela for Kuzma straight up works.  Let Washingon deal with Capela/Bagley.  

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There isn't a #1 pick in this draft.  Every prospect in this draft is an overpay at 1.  

Its not JUST about the players.  In ANY marketplace its what VALUE a team puts on a player.  The Hawks CONTROL EVERYTHING.  They waited 50 years to dictate to every other team in the NBA on how its gonna go.  Thats means they can't sell themselves short.  You keep focusing on your desire for Clingan. Using your own words "every prospect in this draft is an overpay at 1",  that means you can get Clingan lower in the draft.  The Wizards and Spurs value Sarr.  You make them pay. Its that simple.  You don't wait 50 years and draft Clingan at number 1 and leave other players on the table.  You just don't do that.  I'm serious.  I've been watching the Hawks since 1978.  They draft Clingan at number 1 and leave chips on the table I'm done with them.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, deester11 said:

To me is it this simple?  Sarr wants to go number one. The Hawks grant that... and select him.  Washington....got to play to win. Ante up a draft pick. Hawks choose Clingan at 2. 

Just going by highlights, Clingan comes off as as a good role player. Maybe a Steven Adams sort of deal. I don't say that to be insulting because the NBA needs these players, but how much of an upgrade would he be other than size?

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I’m simply not interested in Kuzma.  

Everybody has their opinion.  My opinion is if the Hawks are ignorant enough to pass on Sarr, they better get SOMETHING in return other than just the 2nd and 26th.

Edited by Hawkmoor

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Its not JUST about the players.  In ANY marketplace its what VALUE a team puts on a player.  The Hawks CONTROL EVERYTHING.  They waited 50 years to dictate to every other team in the NBA on how its gonna go.  Thats means they can't sell themselves short.  You keep focusing on your desire for Clingan. Using your own words "every prospect in this draft is an overpay at 1",  that means you can get Clingan lower in the draft.  The Wizards and Spurs value Sarr.  You make them pay. Its that simple.  You don't wait 50 years and draft Clingan at number 1 and leave other players on the table.  You just don't do that.  I'm serious.  I've been watching the Hawks since 1978.  They draft Clingan at number 1 and leave chips on the table I'm done with them.

Unfortunately, it is the way of the Hawks.

IMG_5991.gif

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Good luck with that.  This has been a 'thing' since freaking Roman times - in case you suspect this is a US or recent phenomenon. 

And also, there's a lot of idolized people that need to not be.  Not just athletes but thats a whole other conversation. 

I didn't say that it was only athletes, but this is a forum that revolves around athletics, so athletes get mentioned in this situation. 

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Just going by highlights, Clingan comes off as as a good role player. Maybe a Steven Adams sort of deal. I don't say that to be insulting because the NBA needs these players, but how much of an upgrade would he be other than size?

A slower Capela in pick and roll with Trae.  Its mindboggling that they can even sell this to Atlanta.

• Like 1

Some guys at 26 to consider.

Terrence Shannon(Has potential to be a real contributor but may have obstacles to overcome)

Ryan Dunn(Obviously the defense is there, idk about offense)

Jonathan Mogbo(6'8 PF/C, Quin will love him, but he cannot shoot the 3 right now, has potential down the line like OO) 

Justin Edwards(College park project, previous 5 star recruit, 6'8 and a shooter. Could he become a JJ or end up being a Cam Reddish)

Kel el Ware(he might not be there but could drop if teams concerned about character)

Or if you manage to get another lottery pick there are plenty guys they could take a swing on

• Like 1