• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

After seeing so much smoke about Memphis wanting Clingan as well, I think if Clingan is the true preference for the Hawks you have to either draft him #1 or have a deal worked out with Washington.  I don't know how reliable it was, but there was a rumor for Smart and #5 for #3 and Eason so Memphis could move up to select Clingan if we didn't already draft him.  That would negate a possible move with SA for #4. 

I also think that might be why Risacher is the betting favorite to be taken #1.  Ideally Atlanta could walk away from the draft with Risacher and Clingan to address some of their defensive and size woes.  To do that, Clingan would most likely need to fall to #4 and us trade DJ to SA for #4 and other capital/players.  I have zero freaking clue what ATL will ultimately do, but just trying to decipher based on needs and what's being said out there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Everybody has their opinion.  My opinion is if the Hawks are ignorant enough to pass on Sarr, they better get SOMETHING in return other than just the 2nd and 26th.

But HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE!  You can tell from his answer, he does not want to be in Atlanta.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Just going by highlights, Clingan comes off as as a good role player. Maybe a Steven Adams sort of deal. I don't say that to be insulting because the NBA needs these players, but how much of an upgrade would he be other than size?

I'd be hoping for him to develop into Rudy Gobert on the defensive end.  Think the upside is a little more than Adams or Capela.  I would easily talk myself into believing that we haven't seen the best of Clingan because he hasn't completely matured his body strength wise or in conditioning.  I don't think he has tremendous stamina right now and would probably hit a rookie wall.  I'll add that he seems like a winner with a competitive fire that is hotter than a few of the other prospects.  I think Castle has that fire too.

Edited by txsting

So I have a theory.. the agent thinks he only loses the number 1 spot by working out. It gives him no benefit because Hawks could still take him 1.

its the age old… “only thing the workout would give them is an excuse to not take me at 1”

Edited by theheroatl

9 minutes ago, txsting said:

I'd be hoping for him to develop into Rudy Gobert on the defensive end.  Think the upside is a little more than Adams or Capela.  I would easily talk myself into believing that we haven't seen the best of Clingan because he hasn't completely matured his body strength wise or in conditioning.  I don't think he has tremendous stamina right now and would probably hit a rookie wall.

Rudy is a defensive savant and one of the best to ever do it.  He's more athletic than I think Clingan will be, but if he can be 80% of the defensive player prime Gobert was coupled with a little Mark Gasol's passing and savvy playing, you might have a pretty special player. 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Sense I’ve gotten talking to people is a DJM deal to NOLA seems all but done. Think they are waiting to see if they land Donovan Clingan or not to decide which center is outgoing in the deal but something to monitor for this week 

Do you know the principals coming back?

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Sense I’ve gotten talking to people is a DJM deal to NOLA seems all but done. Think they are waiting to see if they land Donovan Clingan or not to decide which center is outgoing in the deal but something to monitor for this week 

Any word on whether or not we'd be keeping Ingram or flipping him to a 3rd team?  Any chance whatsoever they budge on their willingness to include Herb in any deal? 

Just now, txsting said:

Do you know the principals coming back?

BI I believe. Not sure on surrounding pieces until they see which center goes out. If they don’t land clingan they will hope to send out clint

1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

Any word on whether or not we'd be keeping Ingram or flipping him to a 3rd team?  Any chance whatsoever they budge on their willingness to include Herb in any deal? 

See above/below. I don’t think it’s herb but not ruling it out if Onyeka ends up in the deal 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, sturt said:

Here ya go, Bang...

(The trick is to copy and paste the twitter link, but then to press your "enter" key to make the platform know you want it to display the post, not just the link.)

This is not good! Sarr is low key disrespecting Atlanta and he signaling he ain’t trying to be a hawk.

maybe I’m reading to much into it but between that interview and Landry I’m kind of with Teague…”f*** Sarr” just move on.

what you think @KB21 ?

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

BI I believe. Not sure on surrounding pieces until they see which center goes out. If they don’t land clingan they will hope to send out clint

See above/below. I don’t think it’s herb but not ruling it out if Onyeka ends up in the deal 

I definitely think the only way they consider Herb is if OO is in the deal, but honestly, if we drafted Clingan, and got Herb, I'd be thrilled with a center rotation of Clint and Clingan this year.  Not thrilled about BI, but also not as much against it as some since he's an expiring if it doesn't work out.

14 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

But HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE!  You can tell from his answer, he does not want to be in Atlanta.

You can tell from his answer he doesn’t want to answer a difficult question.  I think Sarr might even prefer Atlanta, but he’s listening to his agent.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Interesting. I'd only trade OO if Herb was coming back. Clingan and OO provide more versatility to play drop coverage and vs 5 and Out teams.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I definitely think the only way they consider Herb is if OO is in the deal, but honestly, if we drafted Clingan, and got Herb, I'd be thrilled with a center rotation of Clint and Clingan this year.  Not thrilled about BI, but also not as much against it as some since he's an expiring if it doesn't work out.

There must be at least one long-term piece returning in the NOLA deal, especially if Onyeka is included.  DJ and OO are both signed for multiple years on reasonable deals.  No way we trade them for an expiring contract.  Either Herb or LA ‘25 pick must be included

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I moved on about a week ago.  

If that's the deal, I hope they can flip Ingram to New York in a SNT deal for OG Anunoby.  

Are you sure you want the team to pony up 40 mil for OG Anunoby?

You must not like BI at all if you are willing to do that and the Knicks can go over and sign him

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

man that’s fantastic news!…I think we can get herb if we include OO…

hopefully this is about 90% done and just waiting on draft night to see where remaining chips fall.

if this is true…don’t mess this up Landry!

5 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Are you sure you want the team to pony up 40 mil for OG Anunoby?

You must not like BI at all if you are willing to do that and the Knicks can go over and sign him

He despises BI's fit here.  OG is a glue guy and a legit difference maker on the defensive side.  His health has always been the biggest challenge for him. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2024 at 4:49 PM, terrell said:

"If the Hawks trade down, UConn center Donovan Clingan could be their target after he impressed the team in a private workout last week. Even if the Hawks stay put, Clingan could still be their first choice, with G League Ignite forward Matas Buzelis being a dark horse candidate."

My Sources(just trust me) said Buzelis really impressed the Hawks....

Its gonna be Clingan then trade up for Buzelis....

I'm Calling it now....😀

Buzelis interviews really well. Plays aggressive like he wants to destroy you.  Would be a good dark horse pick if we trade down.