• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, JTB said:

man that’s fantastic news!…I think we can get herb if we include OO…

hopefully this is about 90% done and just waiting on draft night to see where remaining chips fall.

if this is true…don’t mess this up Landry!

I still cannot see the Pelicans trading Herb Jones. They may part with Dyson Daniels, but not likely Jones, especially with his contract.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Interesting. I'd only trade OO if Herb was coming back. Clingan and OO provide more versatility to play drop coverage and vs 5 and Out teams.

Same! I actually believe the hawks have all the leverage here but if OO nets us Herb you do it and don’t look back.

Ingram, Herb, + Clingan or Risacher would be big win this offseason. If you draft Risacher you must keep Clint so the decision must be between Clingan and Risacher if this deal is just about done 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Birdsfan said:

I still cannot see the Pelicans trading Herb Jones. They may part with Dyson Daniels, but not likely Jones, especially with his contract.

They need Murray bad! We knew this months ago.

we have all the leverage on this. Murray and OO are on outstanding contracts. To make things better for Zion you need a true pg.

it shouldn’t be a deal breaker to include herb for the pelicans. Murray is needed more so than herb for them in my opinion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Birdsfan said:

But they need a PG anyway and sometimes you have to pay the piper and the West is not going to get easier.  Memphis is going to be back, OKC already got tougher and others in the offseason.  They have to keep up and if giving up Jones is going to help them then by all means.

3 minutes ago, Birdsfan said:

It's Zion, bro.

:alien:

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Same! I actually believe the hawks have all the leverage here but if OO nets us Herb you do it and don’t look back.

Ingram, Herb, + Clingan or Risacher would be big win this offseason. If you draft Risacher you must keep Clint so the decision must be between Clingan and Risacher if this deal is just about done 

If we got Ingram and Herb then Risacher would  make even less sense. Would be surprised to see Pelicans deal Herb though. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Are you sure you want the team to pony up 40 mil for OG Anunoby?

You must not like BI at all if you are willing to do that and the Knicks can go over and sign him

I don't like Ingram at all.  He is a bad fit and an overrated player.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

man that’s fantastic news!…I think we can get herb if we include OO…

hopefully this is about 90% done and just waiting on draft night to see where remaining chips fall.

if this is true…don’t mess this up Landry!

Don’t fold, Laundry!

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

This is not good! Sarr is low key disrespecting Atlanta and he signaling he ain’t trying to be a hawk.

maybe I’m reading to much into it but between that interview and Landry I’m kind of with Teague…”f*** Sarr” just move on.

what you think @KB21 ?

Yea I do not want to get involved with using a #1 pick who seems to be becoming a diva and does not want to play here.

Their is no consensus superstar like Wemby so the diva can f off and deal with being picked 2-5 and losing money compared to the #1 pick.

Pick the next best player that wants to be here.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Sense I’ve gotten talking to people is a DJM deal to NOLA seems all but done. Think they are waiting to see if they land Donovan Clingan or not to decide which center is outgoing in the deal but something to monitor for this week 

I will try and land 21 in the deal.

Then you if you deal with the Wizards you have 21 and 26 to try and move up for a better prospect 

35 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

But HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE!  You can tell from his answer, he does not want to be in Atlanta.

Who cares?  Zion didn't want to be in New Orlean.  Sarr isn't gonna be drafted by Atlanta and he suddenly tanks his own career by not playing hard.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ShayD said:

I will try and land 21 in the deal.

Then you if you deal with the Wizards you have 21 and 26 to try and move up for a better prospect 

Wizards aren’t dealing. Vegas certainly doesn’t think so

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I wonder if getting Jordan Hawkins in the deal is a possibility.  

Simply because I probably overvalue shooting, Hawkins was my target in the draft last year.  How about the rest of his game? It looks like he struggled this year.

Edited by Hawkish
It

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Who cares?  Zion didn't want to be in New Orlean.  Sarr isn't gonna be drafted by Atlanta and he suddenly tanks his own career by not playing hard.

I do not want to walk into a known issue with huge red flags at #1. It's hard enough for rooks to make it without the distraction and issues of him or his handlers not wanting to be here.

The ratings of the top 3 are close enough that Sarr should be ruled out for future attitude issues and a locker room problem on a team that really needs to gel.

Sarr aint Wemby its not worth the risk, take Clingan.

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

If we got Ingram and Herb then Risacher would  make even less sense. Would be surprised to see Pelicans deal Herb though. 

How so? In this scenario Risacher would then be off the bench with Bogi. Now it would make sense for our top rookie to come off the bench.

PG - Trae

SG - Ingram

SF - Jalen 

PF - Herb

C - CC

2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Simply because I probably overvalue shooting, Hawkins was my target in the draft last year.  How about the rest of his game?

High level athlete.  Good defender.  Great movement shooter.  

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

It's less about whether he wants to be here or not, and more about how will he respond when things don't go as planned?  If he's already trying to  dictate things when he's a 19 y/o rookie, what will he be like in 2-3 years?  This climate where players dictate where they want to play is BS to me.  If you're a FA and want to play in a specific place, you can do that, but all this forcing of trades and refusing to workout for teams is ridiculous and childish to me.  I'm one of 6 boys and one of my younger brothers used to always refuse to play if a call didn't go his way because he knew we'd usually relent and he'd get his way just so we could keep the games going.  That's what it feels like, but with grown-ass men. 

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

How so? In this scenario Risacher would then be off the bench with Bogi. Now it would make sense for our top rookie to come off the bench.

PG - Trae

SG - Ingram

SF - Jalen 

PF - Herb

C - CC

A #1 pick coming off the bench while we have 30 year old expiring CC still starting? Also long term what is the plan for him as a starter? All those players from 2/4 positions could be long term starters…. plus I’d switch Herb and JJ. 

Edited by GThawks3