• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

It's less about whether he wants to be here or not, and more about how will he respond when things don't go as planned?  If he's already trying to  dictate things when he's a 19 y/o rookie, what will he be like in 2-3 years?  This climate where players dictate where they want to play is BS to me.  If you're a FA and want to play in a specific place, you can do that, but all this forcing of trades and refusing to workout for teams is ridiculous and childish to me.  I'm one of 6 boys and one of my younger brothers used to always refuse to play if a call didn't go his way because he knew we'd usually relent and he'd get his way just so we could keep the games going.  That's what it feels like, but with grown-ass men. 

Luka didn’t want to be here either.

i think that old school mindset just doesn’t exist anymore.

The nba has been ruined and it started with Lebron. All that crap about who cares if they want to be here or not should be taken into consideration.

this is not the nba of the old era. I wish some things were still the same but it’s not. Sarr is pulling an Eli Manning on us publicly and it more than likely will work out for him.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JTB said:

How so? In this scenario Risacher would then be off the bench with Bogi. Now it would make sense for our top rookie to come off the bench.

PG - Trae

SG - Ingram

SF - Jalen 

PF - Herb

C - CC

Can Ingram handle the ball well enough to play the 2?  If so, he would add size to the backcourt.  At 6'8", I see him as a 3.

9 minutes ago, swanlee said:

I do not want to walk into a known issue with huge red flags at #1. It's hard enough for rooks to make it without the distraction and issues of him or his handlers not wanting to be here.

The ratings of the top 3 are close enough that Sarr should be ruled out for future attitude issues and a locker room problem on a team that really needs to gel.

Sarr aint Wemby its not worth the risk, take Clingan.

If you really feel Sarr is a problem, you draft him and trade down and pick up more assets.  Drafting Clingan at number 1 is a worst move than drafting a moody Sarr who will not be moody for long. He has to play for his next contract and would know that.

Edited by Hawkmoor

I’d be so happy if we could get Herb + Ingram. I know many are on the fence with Ingram but I’d like to see him play with a true PG like Trae and see what happens. 

I’d still really really love for us to get Marcus Smart to pair next to Trae. I know it’s wishful thinking but he’d be perfect imo. We need grit on this team.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Luka didn’t want to be here either.

i think that old school mindset just doesn’t exist anymore.

The nba has been ruined and it started with Lebron. All that crap about who cares if they want to be here or not should be taken into consideration.

this is not the nba of the old era. I wish some things were still the same but it’s not. Sarr is pulling an Eli Manning on us publicly and it more than likely will work out for him.

Is it really working out for him if he's stuck in Washington?  lol

Just now, Bonzaii58 said:

I’d be so happy if we could get Herb + Ingram. I know many are on the fence with Ingram but I’d like to see him play with a true PG like Trae and see what happens. 

I’d still really really love for us to get Marcus Smart to pair next to Trae. I know it’s wishful thinking but he’d be perfect imo. We need grit on this team.

I'll tell you what will happen with Ingram.  Offensively, he will stop the ball movement on offense.  He will pound the ball into the hardwood and take 10-12 seconds off the clock as he works himself into a difficult mid-range jumper.  He will turn down open threes to get to his middy.  He will be meh on defense.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AtlHomer said:

Can Ingram handle the ball well enough to play the 2?  If so, he would add size to the backcourt.  At 6'8", I see him as a 3.

I don't like Ingram as a 2, but he is indeed a secondary ball-handler.  Honestly, he's a taller DJM.  He loves the mid-range.  He's a nice secondary ball-handler and passer, but not elite by any means.  Early in his career, LA played him at the point when Lonzo was constantly hurt.  His defense is improved by most accounts, but still not great.  I think he'd still need to guard 3's most of the time because quicker guards would eat him up. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

If you really feel Sarr is a problem, you draft him and trade down and pick up more assets.  Drafting Clingan at number 1 is a worst move than drafting a moody Sarr.

You actually have to have teams who want to trade up for Sarr to do that.  So far, no one has indicated that they want to trade up for Sarr.  At least three teams have indicated that they want to trade up for Clingan though.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

How so? In this scenario Risacher would then be off the bench with Bogi. Now it would make sense for our top rookie to come off the bench.

PG - Trae

SG - Ingram

SF - Jalen 

PF - Herb

C - CC

I highly doubt NOP would trade Herb. Would literally shock me. Their fans are higher on him than we are on Jalen and Herb is on a better contract. Picks and/or Daniels is more likely. OO stays.

That other thread has me convinced Risacher can play the 2. 

Trae / Risacher / Ingram / Jalen / OO

Bogi is your 6th.

See what you can get for Cap and Hunter. Maybe there’s a Center upgrade out there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

A #1 pick coming off the bench while we have 30 year old expiring CC still starting? Also long term what is the plan for him as a starter? All those players from 2/4 positions could be long term starters…. plus I’d switch Herb and JJ. 

2-4 is interchangeable in my opinion in any heliocentric offense with Trae pioneering it.

While I have no clue what the long term plan is. If they take Risacher perhaps the plan is to allow him to develop during real minutes off the bench and when Ingram is due a payday they may allow Ingram to walk and just start Risacher the second season.

or if it all goes well, once it’s time to pay risacher on a 2nd contract then it may be time to let Bogi go…I don’t know but anything is possible if Landry does right by the contracts.

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'll tell you what will happen with Ingram.  Offensively, he will stop the ball movement on offense.  He will pound the ball into the hardwood and take 10-12 seconds off the clock as he works himself into a difficult mid-range jumper.  He will turn down open threes to get to his middy.  He will be meh on defense.  

It's warming my heart to see you embracing Clingan more and more.  🤣

Edited by Dragitoff
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I don't love it, but I get it.  

You were always one of my favorite posters!

…..except this offseason until now.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Hey, you've finally come around. Welcome to team trade down.

While I see guys being labeled #1 candidates that I'd ordinarily expect to see drafted #5-ish, that doesn't necessarily mean that the best option is to trade down... it always matters, of course, what is being offered back, and other teams may not be all that interested in paying anything that would be conventionally considered equivalent value. In that case, you have to just stand in your slot and take your best shot at hitting a home run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1