• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I can see the argument for taking this kid #1 and really won't have a problem with it at all.  That's a nice problem to have.  When I thought we were going to pick #10, I wondered what it would take to get into range to draft him.  Now we can pull the trigger on that if that's what Dirty Landry wants to do tomorrow night.  

Just please don't make me justify Rissssashe

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I highly doubt NOP would trade Herb. Would literally shock me. Their fans are higher on him than we are on Jalen and Herb is on a better contract. Picks and/or Daniels is more likely. OO stays.

That other thread has me convinced Risacher can play the 2. 

Trae / Risacher / Ingram / Jalen / OO

Bogi is your 6th.

See what you can get for Cap and Hunter. Maybe there’s a Center upgrade out there.

We can’t start OO in this lineup , that would be a nightmare.

id much rather just keep Clint in that lineup and OO off the bench. Or like you mentioned find a great trade for Clint and Hunter. 

wouldn’t shock me if Hunter was included in the deal for Ingram.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I posted this last night or earlier today.  

I still like Sarr over him, but I want players who want to be here. The team collectively got better when Cam was traded. There is no reason to draft a young kid who is being told by his team that he's too good to be here and deserves a different team to showcase his talents. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Lots of hand wringing on players not wanting to play certain places.  I guess no one remember Nique refusing to play in Utah where he was drafted?  

Agents want Sarr in Washington because they've seen what's happened with JJ, AJ, Bufkin.  They all got sent to CP and got no minutes.  It impacts their chances of getting a high dollar extension big time.  This is a career and these guys have limited chances to get big money.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I posted this last night or earlier today.  

When I was talking about understanding a person's value system and what drives them - this is exactly what you are looking for.  He has a spring of inspiration that won't run dry.  I believe he will become the best player and person that his circumstance and chances will allow him to be.  If that great body happens to lets him down before he would like it to, he will still be inspired to be a great man.  

• Like 2

Ingram is most likely a rental. High chance he would not be on the team after the end of next season. Any DJM trade with NOP has to be really good if Ingram is coming back. At least 1 pick and 1 young player. If it's Herb + Ingram and hawks have to give up OO, then 1 pick is fine. If no Herb then need at least 2 picks and 1 young player

• Like 2

Just now, Carmine said:

Lil' Homie thinks he's hot sh**. I'm with Jeff on this one, F em.

It's quite a contrast hearing Sarr and Clingan speak from the same podium to the same people.  Gives me pause.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Lots of hand wringing on players not wanting to play certain places.  I guess no one remember Nique refusing to play in Utah where he was drafted?  

Agents want Sarr in Washington because they've seen what's happened with JJ, AJ, Bufkin.  They all got sent to CP and got no minutes.  It impacts their chances of getting a high dollar extension big time.  This is a career and these guys have limited chances to get big money.  

I see his team being an issue in the background, similar to Cam's when he was here. That rarely works out, and we have recent history with it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Ingram is most likely a rental. High chance he would not be on the team after the end of next season. Any DJM trade with NOP has to be really good if Ingram is coming back. At least 1 pick and 1 young player. If it's Herb + Ingram and hawks have to give up OO, then 1 pick is fine. If no Herb then need at least 2 picks and 1 young player

This is how I would assess an in Ingram trade.  We will do a trial run with him but odds are he won't be coming back because he will be getting a significant raise if he has a solid year let alone a great one.  If he has a great one and shows he fits here then that could be worth it for us but absent that I see him getting overpaid and not worth resigning at the price it will require.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You actually have to have teams who want to trade up for Sarr to do that.  So far, no one has indicated that they want to trade up for Sarr.  At least three teams have indicated that they want to trade up for Clingan though.  

Well.  Everything will come out tomorrow.